gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680984 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 12:18:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Mike Vosse 1969 interview from Fusion  (Read 10764 times)
juggler
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 12:43:31 PM »

Although it was a big part of the BEAUTIFUL DREAMER doc! I think going with Mark London's work was the right choice for BWPS - it compliments that album just fine. Frank Holmes' work is best saved for the BB SMiLE box set.

Very well put. Save the real art for the real music!

Well, okay, and when is this "BB SMiLE box set" coming out?  10 minutes after NEVER.
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 11:33:44 PM »

Ye of little faith, my son... Wink

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 01:56:01 AM »

And never once have I thought of the original cover as being 'not well done'....
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 07:23:10 AM »

Well, by "dumb" I guess vosse means primitive.  But that was the intent - and a major move in art of the 60s with art borrowing from cartoons and comics and popular culture.  Brian ahead of the curve as usual.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 10:13:24 AM »

Frank was inspired by the Hairy Who school which was hot in Chicago; I think they had just had their first major exhibition at the time.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:26:54 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 11:10:30 PM »

That link to the interview is dead. Any chance of a repost or a PM? Thanks.

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 10:40:17 PM »

Found one: http://www.thebeachboys.ch/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=4249

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 08:34:05 AM »

So it ends with the Cabinessence bit? It feels like it should go further to me, on quick examination...
Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 08:27:06 PM »

This is a great piece of recorded history.

Given Vosse's statements it will be interesting to see how much humor stuff is in the SMiLE Sessions release.

"Connect, Always Connect..." - Arthur Koestler

"No discovery has ever been made by logical deduction..." - Arthur Koestler
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »

All links are dead...
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 08:23:42 PM »

Although it was a big part of the BEAUTIFUL DREAMER doc! I think going with Mark London's work was the right choice for BWPS - it compliments that album just fine. Frank Holmes' work is best saved for the BB SMiLE box set.

Well, okay, and when is this "BB SMiLE box set" coming out?  10 minutes after NEVER.

I was wondering what time it was.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2014, 12:05:23 AM »

And *I* was wondering if anyone has a new link to this interview? All the old ones are indeed dead.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2014, 12:54:30 AM »

And *I* was wondering if anyone has a new link to this interview? All the old ones are indeed dead.

Bit Groundhog Day this but ... I have a print out that I can scan later and post. Hopefully it'll be legible.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 02:19:02 AM »

Here ya go:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17157.msg430386.html#msg430386

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 06:45:08 AM »

Here ya go:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,17157.msg430386.html#msg430386

God bless you, sir!

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx