gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681042 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 17, 2024, 05:48:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monkees Reunion w/ Nesmith  (Read 1932 times)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »

This is happening! 12 dates in November.

http://www.spin.com/articles/remaining-monkees-plan-reunion-tour-elusive-michael-nesmith

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 10:23:17 AM »

Wow! I remember reading something Micky said about all four of them considering a reunion at the end of the 2011. It's really too bad that this couldn't have happened while they were all still here.

But I'm still excited! I just saw Micky last month at the California State Fair and he had a ton of energy.

PS- Egohanger, your signature makes me laugh every time I read it. That might be one of my favorite sessions ever.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 10:24:50 AM by ivy » Logged
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 12:28:46 PM »

Wow! I remember reading something Micky said about all four of them considering a reunion at the end of the 2011. It's really too bad that this couldn't have happened while they were all still here.

Yeah, but then it might not have happened had they all still been here.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 01:29:29 PM »

Mike was legally blind last year before a major operation. He couldn't have done the last tour.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 12:42:12 PM »

This is about as out-of-the-blue as it gets! It'll be interesting to see what kind of show they'll put together.

I talked your folks out of making you cut off your head.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 12:45:46 PM »

In an interview with Rolling Stone, Mike said that they would be basing part of the concert at least off of the Headquarters album. Not sure exactly what that means, but it seemed to suggest to me that they were going to maybe do a set that is strictly Headquarters material.
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 08:19:34 AM »

He was also talking about a solo tour afterwards, thats what I'd like to see
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 10:23:21 AM »

I got tix this morning.  Cheap seats, though.  After I ran my order through, I tried to see what seats would come up for the highest price (around $100), and Row A was still available fifteen minutes after the start of ticket sales.  I don't think there's too much interest, going by that.
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 05:41:24 PM »

I got tix this morning.  Cheap seats, though.  After I ran my order through, I tried to see what seats would come up for the highest price (around $100), and Row A was still available fifteen minutes after the start of ticket sales.  I don't think there's too much interest, going by that.

Well the four shows in my general vicinity have sold out, so someone must be interested. I'll be at the Beacon show.

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 03:11:14 PM »

Prices were higher when Davy, Micky and Peter toured in 2011. Although I love the idea of Nez back with the group, it just feels like "what's the point?" with Davy gone. But I assume they will work some kind of tribute to Davy into the show. He was always the most enthusiastic about being a Monkee, Nez has gone through periods where he didn't want anything to do with the group. Okay, how about a reunion of the First National Band? Who is alive that could replace Red Rhodes?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx