gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680889 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 03, 2024, 06:30:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1063911 times)
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1800 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:39 PM »

Who has the 30 second previews? I'm not seeing them on Amazon!

I don't think anybody does except those full versions supplied to certain people.

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: May 03, 2012, 05:09:39 PM »

The Record Room!!   With your host Ian Wagner??

Man, is that board still going?  I useta read that one years ago!  Does Jon Hunt still post there? And Jeff Mason? And Becky? And Andy Rooney? And Jason Penick from Oakland?  Those people know their shtuff!  I'll have to mosey on over there and see whatsup!

Yeah, all those folks are still there! Jon Hunt co-runs the board. I'm married to Becky now. Come on back and see what's up.

Can you post a link? I think I found the right site, but the search function keeps bringing up a thread about The Monkees when I try to search.

http://s3.excoboard.com/therecordroom

Thank you. Summ-a-Briz's comments were very encouraging, weren't they?

When I click on this link I don't see anything about the new album. Can someone help a friend out?

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 03, 2012, 05:12:09 PM »

Man, is that board still going?  I useta read that one years ago!  Does Jon Hunt still post there? And Jeff Mason? And Becky? And Andy Rooney? And Jason Penick from Oakland?  Those people know their shtuff!  I'll have to mosey on over there and see whatsup!

Yeah, all those folks are still there! Jon Hunt co-runs the board. I'm married to Becky now. Come on back and see what's up.

Can you post a link? I think I found the right site, but the search function keeps bringing up a thread about The Monkees when I try to search.

When I click on this link I don't see anything about the new album. Can someone help a friend out?
Explore and learn

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: May 03, 2012, 05:17:36 PM »

I thought I read on that board that somebody was listening to clips on Amazon. Perhaps a different Amazon site than the US? How does one get there? I've tried, and so far can't.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: May 03, 2012, 05:18:03 PM »

Yeah, you know.  If you haven't already, head over to Ian and Jon's Record Room site, and read the review in the Mike Love interview thread, which is in the Rockin' Beach Boys Room, which is in the Rubber Room.  But do explore the other areas, as well.  Lots of good stuff.  The review has got me really excited to hear this album.  The suite is there.  It sounds like the album will have some BB cheese, but it sounds like the beginning and the end could be really good.  Thanks for the invite, Ian.  I should visit more often.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 05:23:35 PM by LostArt » Logged
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: May 03, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »

I thought I read on that board that somebody was listening to clips on Amazon. Perhaps a different Amazon site than the US? How does one get there? I've tried, and so far can't.
Referring to My Bloody valentine.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: May 03, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »

Wow, those reviews combined with the twitter guy have got me beyond excited! SMILE INSTRUMENTS! LUSH HARMONIES! TIMPANI!

Everything sounded incredible, except for the steel drums. Damn those steel drums.

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: May 03, 2012, 05:50:47 PM »

There are no clips on any Amazon.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: May 03, 2012, 06:09:43 PM »

There are no clips on any Amazon.
Please see above

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 03, 2012, 06:25:55 PM »

The thread is in the beach boys sub forum under that link. But the thread about the interview with mike
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 03, 2012, 06:32:57 PM »

Right, no clips ON AMAZON.

Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 03, 2012, 06:34:08 PM »

Thank you.

Explore and learn

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 03, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »

http://s3.excoboard.com/therecordroom/54492/907180
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: May 03, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »

Yeah, you know.  If you haven't already, head over to Ian and Jon's Record Room site, and read the review in the Mike Love interview thread, which is in the Rockin' Beach Boys Room, which is in the Rubber Room.  But do explore the other areas, as well.  Lots of good stuff.  The review has got me really excited to hear this album.  The suite is there.  It sounds like the album will have some BB cheese, but it sounds like the beginning and the end could be really good.  Thanks for the invite, Ian.  I should visit more often.

Cheers and please do!

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 03, 2012, 07:37:05 PM »

OK, that thread has me ridiculously excited now.

We are getting a new Beach Boys record in 2012.  There's apparently going to be parts I'm not going to be crazy about, but there's going to be some stuff I'm going to love, which is more than I can say about basically any Beach Boys record since.....? 

One of the songs sounds Pet Sounds-ish?!?  Wow.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: May 03, 2012, 07:39:12 PM »

One of the songs sounds Pet Sounds-ish?!?  Wow.

And that's not coming from Al!

OGoldin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 03, 2012, 07:44:26 PM »

And these are first impressions we are reading.  My first impression of TWGMTR was mild disappointment, but the more I hear it, the more amazing stuff there is to hear.  A lot of Brian's music is that way.  (I'm still waiting for MIU, though.)
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 03, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »

Spring Vacation does sound to be as awful as we all feared.  But I won't dwell on that.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 03, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »

i'm super pumped for the last three tunes
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1819 on: May 03, 2012, 11:30:59 PM »

Talking about an entirely different album.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 04, 2012, 12:06:18 AM »

Referring to My Bloody valentine.

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 04, 2012, 05:08:54 AM »

here's another tweet

Matthew Horton ‏ @matthewjh
Listening to the new Beach Boys album again. There's a lot that's worthwhile here.

that same guy from uncut
John Mulvey ‏ @JohnRMulvey
@matthewjh "Good vibration" line is rich too. Start and end of LP are OKish I think, Autotune notwithstanding. No worse than recent Bri LPs.

the uncut guy has been dismissive of them in all his tweets pretty much, sounds like some of the posters here  LOL
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:29:39 AM by Runaways » Logged
Coachhill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 04, 2012, 05:41:56 AM »

at 73 pages, there is a lot to read about the new album. Can anyone verify if the presale album on Amazon comes with a LP or not, the price seems to say there is something extra.  Huh Huh Huh

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things,
because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
~Walt Disney~
Fro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: May 04, 2012, 06:37:55 AM »

If it's as good as Brian's solo stuff then it'll be the "best Beach Boys Album since Love You".

Nobody should be expecting another Pet Sounds/Smile.  I'm glad it's definitely not going to be a trainwreck.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: May 04, 2012, 06:45:15 AM »

at 73 pages, there is a lot to read about the new album. Can anyone verify if the presale album on Amazon comes with a LP or not, the price seems to say there is something extra.  Huh Huh Huh

I think that would be the first instance ever where you buy a CD and it comes with a free LP, as opposed to the other way round.

So, no. Maybe a DVD or something. It is coming out on vinyl separately, though.

Wonder if the LP will come with a download code.....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx