gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680975 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 08:21:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike opens up about Melinda.  (Read 66553 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2016, 06:34:32 PM »

Melinda rescued Brian from a snake-pit.  There was more than 1 snake in Brian's past...  Snakes which negatively contributed HUGELY to Brian's illness and free-fall.  Having rescued Brian [with the IMPORTANT help of Carl and Audree. et al] she was not about to allow history to repeat itself in even small ways.  This '1/2 talent' who really hadn't contributed anything meaningfully creative to ANYONE'S music projects in decades was going to be telling folk what to do and how it was going to happen?

Not!!!

Good for YOU Melinda.  Well and properly done.

I tend to wonder sometimes if Melinda is secretly holding half of this forum's posters at gunpoint.  :-)  Just an observation. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »

1. I'd be pissed if Ambha Love came out to sing SOS during a C50 show I was at. No other children sang except when all the kids did their thing. No Carnie/Wendy, No Matt. Why Ambha? The other 3 are much more talented vocalists.
2. Jacqui Love being involved is no better or worse than Melinda. Neither should one should have been that involved.
3. The auto tune was a mistake, someone learned their lesson and it was stopped on C50.
4. The lyrics on TWGMTR were far overall better than Mike's lyrics of the past 40 years. Some weak, but overall much better.  Mike is the consummate wants his cake and to eat it too guy. It was a good decision.
5. I haven't read Mike's book but it reads like everyone else did things to Mike.  Does he take blame for anything?
thorgil
Smiley Smile Associate

GREAT post, Rab!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 16, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »

Melinda rescued Brian from a snake-pit.  There was more than 1 snake in Brian's past...  Snakes which negatively contributed HUGELY to Brian's illness and free-fall.  Having rescued Brian [with the IMPORTANT help of Carl and Audree. et al] she was not about to allow history to repeat itself in even small ways.  This '1/2 talent' who really hadn't contributed anything meaningfully creative to ANYONE'S music projects in decades was going to be telling folk what to do and how it was going to happen?

Not!!!

Good for YOU Melinda.  Well and properly done.

I tend to wonder sometimes if Melinda is secretly holding half of this forum's posters at gunpoint.  :-)  Just an observation.  
As usual, I can speak only for myself. Nobody is holding me at gunpoint. I just can't help noticing that Brian never talks ill of anybody, at least in public. Nor does Melinda. Nor does Al, or anybody else except... The mudslinging always comes from one, and only one, source. That's, very simply, the truth. The beginning and end of it, in this context.
No, no gunpoint. Just seeing the obvious, and saying it. As someone said, it's no rocket science. Requires just a bit of honesty. The rest is just smoke and mirrors.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:10:56 PM by thorgil » Logged

DIT, DIT, DIT, HEROES AND VILLAINS...
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 16, 2016, 07:22:57 PM »

At the Hollywood Bowl reunion show in 2012, I remember how different Brian's voice sounded during Isn't It Time, it sounded prerecorded to me.  Maybe it was auto-tune.

Someone will correct me but didn't Scott say somewhere that Brian double tracked the intro only to that song? I think it was in answer to a critic in the media saying the whole group was lip-syncing the tour.

Found this from Scott.

My last post here said that we did not use any pre-recorded background vocals during the tour.  We did use the footstomps and hand claps from Isn't It Time but played and sang live to it. 

I have not seen the Chiba footage.

Scott

The show in question. Jeff is singing the intro with Brian.

https://youtu.be/bJmrYzJMqQE

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 16, 2016, 11:31:33 PM »

Mike Love's accounting is inaccurate.

Seems to be a trend amongst associates of Mike who talk sh*t about Melinda.

One less...I banned Chewbacca. Sorry it took so long, had to wait til I had a break

sorry i can't help it but...
 HALLE-F*CKING-LUJAH!!!
 Wink
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2016, 04:00:53 AM »

One less...I banned Chewbacca. Sorry it took so long, had to wait til I had a break

You enjoy banning people.  police
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 04:01:42 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2016, 06:08:31 AM »

It would appear, ad infinitum, that some people have begged to be banned.  One can only wonder WHY it took so DAMN long.  There is 0, nada, ziltch, NOTHING wrong with appreciating the positive things Mike has contributed along the entire path because there WERE, after all, some positives...and he and his cohorts still deliver a mighty fine live show...thus highlighting the music we all love.  [and the music he sometimes had a hand in writing with composer Brian...and also Terry and John]  B U T...and as you can see it's a big but...the tearing down of valid sites is not good for the Beach Boys...regardless of whether is obviously misguided fans gumming up the works or Mike himself throwing dried out, farm field cow chips onto the fire he lit and apparently loves to keep a-blazing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:10:41 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2016, 06:10:35 AM »

HALLE-F*CKING-LUJAH!!!
 Wink

Wait. Are we talking about Lowbacca? Or filledejenkem?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:11:31 AM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2016, 07:20:10 AM »

HALLE-F*CKING-LUJAH!!!
 Wink

The latter. Lowbacca is a well respected user and contributor who probably would be the last one to get banned.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2016, 07:44:22 AM »

Mike needs to be told off more often.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2016, 07:56:07 AM »

Yet then there are lawsuits, the guy is bully and a disgrace.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2016, 08:03:54 AM »

You enjoy banning people.  police

I'm getting more confused about what constitutes a ban. Not pretending to know whether or not FDP was warned about certain behaviour or not privately, but I was curious as to what got her the boot. I have nothing against her personally. Yes, sometimes her posting tends to lead threads off topic, and I chuckled when the Chewbacca Defense was mentioned. But, I dunno...banned? Keep in mind there are two or three posters that call her out everytime she posts. Then they push and push, frustrated that they aren't getting answers to questions like "why won't you admit Mike is wrong?", while in truth, they can choose just to ignore the post. Anyhoooo....it is what it is I guess.
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2016, 08:57:34 AM »

Toe the company line or get banned. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:59:02 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2016, 09:00:37 AM »

Wrong board.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 17, 2016, 09:03:12 AM »

Wrong board.

I don't know. A lot of Love-centric posters seem to end up this way when they voice displeasure with Melinda's actions.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2016, 09:03:37 AM »

I think that's a pile of fly attractant.  Don't try to upset the apple cart with an oversized load of rotten road apples... forever and a day ...is more like it.  Filled is a fine person when she isn't stuck toeing HER company line.  And it's ever-so obvious that THAT is exactly what was happening.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2016, 09:14:59 AM »

Wrong board.

I don't know. A lot of Love-centric posters seem to end up this way when they voice displeasure with Melinda's actions.

Red herring. It wasn't her views it was how she was choosing to "debate". 

Imagine that you and I are debating quantum physics and I start chiming in with irrelevant tidbits about puppies, rainbows, and vanilla ice cream in response to your very legitimate arguments. Substitute Moon Dawg with Hey Jude, CD, Chocalate Shake Man, Debra Keil Leavitt and then switch Yours Truly with FDP, and you get what just happened.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:19:34 AM by Andy Botwin » Logged

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:16 AM »

Wrong board.

Has nothing to with being pro Mike. Last post in this thread explains pretty well why Chewbacca got banned. There are other pro Mike people here and they are in absolutely no danger of getting banned.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2016, 11:06:27 AM »

3D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:10:13 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2016, 11:10:01 AM »

Wrong board.

Has nothing to with being pro Mike. Last post in this thread explains pretty well why Chewbacca got banned. There are other pro Mike people here and they are in absolutely no danger of getting banned.

Until the mods decide otherwise.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Name one person who was banned solely for being pro-Mike, please. Not trying to start an argument, and to be honest I'd rather not do it in this thread, but if that's what it takes to hash it out, so  be it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:13:01 AM by ♩♬ Dr. Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2016, 11:15:42 AM »

HALLE-F*CKING-LUJAH!!!
 Wink

Filledeplage (referring to her as Chewbacca due to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_defense )

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2016, 11:16:07 AM »

And THAT'S how a thread gets hijacked.  Don't fall for it Billy.

Meanwhile back at Mike complaining about Brian's partner in life...and showing why Brian wants dick-all to do with him

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »

When Mike went on CBS and made the comments directed at Melinda, it went out to however many million viewers were watching, listening, or reading that linked transcript from the CBS program. He cannot assume everyone watching had his book in hand, or even knew he had a book on the market until that segment was aired. Therefore, that's the context - what he said on CBS.

And I'll say again, if Mike is going after Brian's wife on a television appearance adding to all of the comments since 2012 placed in his various interviews promoting his concerts within dozens of newspapers and various outlets, not to mention whatever went on via legal actions, is it surprising that Mike isn't getting invitations from Brian to write songs? If Mike goes after Brian's wife, family, etc in public, and it's been ongoing for years, why or how would Mike be disappointed if they don't have a personal relationship? We're still talking about real people with real emotions and feelings.
GF - there is so much in that book, I found to be very informative.  Maybe a thread should be set up to address that.  And keep comments confined to "If you read this..." please comment.  

It is intense to read, I found, after going throat 400+ pages.  The interviews are beyond the book.  Those relationships are like them walking off-stage after a show.  They go back to their own lives.  That is for the parties to figure out.  It can't be "vicariously" worked out on a message board. I think it is inappropriate. That is my opinion.  Blood is still thicker than water.  

If you read the book, I think your heart will be touched as Carl explains to Brian how they were kept away from him and were not rejecting him. I think you will gain another insight into the history of the band.    

I started a thread on the book, and made specific and sometimes extensive comments based on the actual pages of the book, giving my opinions and impressions of those specific sections in the book, with more to follow. As a result, I've apparently been publicly accused of charging the author with plagiarism, which I never did, and in other cases been accused by you personally among others of claiming posters here like you and Cam had a hand in writing it - a charge which is as laughable as it is false since everything I wrote is still on this board...and available to review in the thread about the book.

My most recent comments on the book are specific to what Mike said to CBS, and the notion of why Brian would be expected to invite Mike to write songs or do much of anything else after seeing his wife be the subject of Mike's comments, on top of Mike saying he was being "controlled" and drugged as recent as the past month in a public interview, and a laundry list of comments made toward his family and assorted issues peppered throughout interviews supposed to be promoting Mike's concerts.

My comments on the book have also been along the lines of what I wish Mike had included in the book, among them the lightning-rod issues like Mike giving seed money to fund the PMRC in the 80's, the 2005 lawsuit which Mike lost and lost big, and the lack of more inter-personal inner workings that were at play within the band during the Smile era.

I've also commented on the lack of context given that June 2012 email that we're told scuppered the extension and further booking of C50 shows, specifically what other emails if any correspondence came prior to the oft-cited email quoted in the book, and what was the context in which that email appeared. My comments on that are based on wondering how a lone email within what was a multi-million dollar corporate structure running C50 and affecting dozens of participants on the tour could be cited as if it came out of the blue with no precedent. I'm one who is curious to learn more about what led to it, and what else may have come prior to it within the chain of operations on that tour as of June 2012.

That's context.

GF - The book is over 400 pages.  It is Mike's account and not a reflection of what others think should be in the book.  The section on the lawsuit which was initiated by Landy with his devious plot to have Brian's kids disinherited, was originated by Landy.  

There are two email exchanges and one is from early June and one from late June.  I thought there was only one.  

IIRC  - three and a half weeks seemed too long to "call back" the first email of "no more shows for us" - which looked pretty final to me.  So, what I learned in the  book, is that there were TWO emails.  

On June 1st (it related to shows in Israel) which was turned down (the "no more shows for Wilson") and a June 25th email to "disregard the previous message." That is found on pp. 401-402.  

The info I am relying on is what is in front of me and not legal advice or counsel.***

The 2005 lawsuit had nothing to do with Landy. Why did you just dodge that entirely and bring Landy into it?

What if anything came before the email you reference from the book?

As a reader of the book...can I not say "I wish he had talked about that?" as a reaction? Or do we just take everything at face value?

Someone asked you a direct question about something that *is* in the book, and you dodged their question, and further gave the answer "buy the book". How about answering their question, since you said you wanted to discuss what was in the book, and someone asked a specific question about what was actually in the book?

Did Mike on CBS contradict what is in the book about this 'partner' confrontation at C50? Simple question...why duck it?

GF - The overall dispute was over C50 - if someone writes an email that says on June 1st they are done, and the other party "relies on it" - and 25 days elapse, that puts the whole situation in a very different light.  I think the retraction was too late. (not legal advice)***

The suit in 2005 did not prevail. It is not in the book.  The book is enough to deal with.  I am not dodging anything,  I am not interested in discussing it or going on some other tangent.  I'd  like to hear what people think about things such as Carl's last days on the concert tour, it's impact on the band, how they carried on post.  Most do not want to discuss that but get into the soap opera/drama mode over "hot words" that got resolved.  It turned out just fine - but that is not drama.

My head is still exploding over how premeditated Landy was.  More than I ever imagined.  

You must be confused.  You are commenting in a thread about Mike opening up about Melinda in TV and you want to fl discuss Carl's last days on tour.  You are in the went thread comment get about the wrong things.  The majority of your posts are circular non-sense.  Please go post in the correct thread so the rest of us can talk about the topic which accords with the title of this thread.

If I were a mod here I would ban you permanently for obfuscation.  If no such rule existed I would create one so I could ban you.  You would only last one post, two max, before you violated the rule.

EoL

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2016, 11:27:51 AM »

Mods - Maybe in the sandbox or rules & guidelines, you can set up a thread to identify any bans or suspensions, leave it open for a bit if you feel commentary is appropriate. Lock it if not.
Then that won't become the topic here.

EOL - your suggestion above has already happened.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:32:25 AM by Emily » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2016, 11:32:40 AM »

If I were a mod here I would ban you permanently for obfuscation.

already did...but THAT'S the word I was looking for...obfuscation.

Mods - Maybe in the sandbox or rules & guidelines, you can set up a thread to identify any bans or suspensions, leave it open for a bit if you feel commentary is appropriate. Lock it if not.
Then that won't become the topic here.

That's a good idea..I'll discuss with craig and see if he agrees
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:38:57 AM by ♩♬ Dr. Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx