gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680898 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 06, 2024, 07:07:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Should this discussion be moved to the Sandbox?
Naahh, Beach Boys, SMiLE and drugs is as on-topic as can be - 99 (67.8%)
It's about time, I've requested this at least 20 pages back - 27 (18.5%)
Who cares, it isn't going to be released anyway - 11 (7.5%)
I don't like drugs and I don't like SMiLE, we might as well delete this discussion - 2 (1.4%)
The SMiLE music and drug use cloud this discussion - 7 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 138

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 ... 380 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE Sessions box set!  (Read 1740331 times)
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: October 30, 2011, 05:45:22 PM »

Yep! want anything?

Dr, that is decidedly friggin' with the formula  Angry
Considering I ordered this bad boy on August 26th, it better not be late. I guess with 2 day shipping they can ship it as late as tomorrow for delivery on Tuesday.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #8426 on: October 30, 2011, 05:45:51 PM »

8 hours 15 minutes.

Best get to bed.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8427 on: October 30, 2011, 05:48:11 PM »

Not sure I'm able to, tbh

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: October 30, 2011, 05:49:24 PM »

This is the only think I can think of to say

Ahhh!

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: October 30, 2011, 05:50:30 PM »

Not sure I'm able to, tbh

I already can't sleep and I have to wait until tuesday

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8430 on: October 30, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »

Yep! want anything?

Considering I ordered this bad boy on August 26th, it better not be late. I guess with 2 day shipping they can ship it as late as tomorrow for delivery on Tuesday.
Doc, you're an American right? I sure hope the snow and power outages and etc aren't affecting distribution there....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: October 30, 2011, 06:04:01 PM »

Yep! want anything?

Doc, you're an American right? I sure hope the snow and power outages and etc aren't affecting distribution there....

I doubt it. Cleanup for these storms is relatively fast...but murphy's law is a constant with this nation.

Mine should ship out on Tuesday; I should get it by Thursday. If I don't have it by next weekend I'm gonna cry. Heck, I might as well drive down to Kentucky and pick it up from the warehouse - I wonder if they'd allow that LOL

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: October 30, 2011, 06:14:54 PM »

Sure son, you come right on up and get it; We'll be waiting at the gate with your copy!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: October 30, 2011, 06:31:21 PM »

Yep! want anything?

Dr, that is decidedly friggin' with the formula  Angry
Amazon has a distribution center in Allentown, Pennsylvania and is less than 100 miles away from where I am in New Jersey. Allentown had at least 6 inches of snow, but that shouldn't delay the delivery, hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #8434 on: October 30, 2011, 06:39:04 PM »

Allentown and that damn tiny circle somewhere in the city ;(

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8435 on: October 30, 2011, 07:19:40 PM »

I'm relatively close to Allentown, maybe a 45 minute drive away. There is indeed a warehouse there for Amazon, and yes the area was hit by the storm and many are still without power. The local power company reported the power may not be back to full service until Tuesday, and the regional airport was pretty messed up with scheduling issues. The storm itself wasn't the biggest issue, it was the wet snow and ice that formed on the trees and brought down the branches, and some brought the power lines down with them. It's supposed to be in the 20's tonight, possibly more icing and falling trees or branches. The roads could be bad tomorrow morning, if that would affect anything with Amazon's delivery system or flights in-and-out.

Hopefully for those depending on Amazon for Smile deliveries, *none of this will matter*! Hopefully...because this storm, to put it bluntly, was a major pain in the ass, and apart from the other damage I'd hate for it to affect delivery of Smile as promised.

For those who are interested in updates, the local Allentown area TV station: http://www.wfmz.com/-/121798/-/11o8piuz/-/index.html

That Allentown-area Amazon warehouse went on a hiring binge this summer for the warehouse fulfillment departments, and they didn't even list "early access to Smile Sessions" under the job benefits! Cheesy

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8436 on: October 30, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »

It's fuckin' October. Whoever's in charge of this snow thing f***ed up big time imo

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: October 30, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »

Smile sessions are available already via download if u know where to look. No I'm not kidding!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:36:49 PM by dmcguire70 » Logged

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: October 30, 2011, 07:35:43 PM »

8:30 pm here and still at home "not yet shipping".  Cry

I know they're available. But I won't spoil myself.
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: October 30, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »

I already have a contingency plan in place (and no that doesn't include any illegal downloads!)

If my order is not shipped out by 3 p.m. tomorrow I have two independent record stores within driving distance that I know are getting a few copies of the box set.  I'm not sure how their prices match up with the Amazon but I'm sure they'll hold a copy for me if I ask them to as I'm a regular customer.  Bottom line: Amazon is on the clock as far as I'm concerned to change my order status  Wink

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8440 on: October 30, 2011, 07:50:41 PM »

My order just shipped

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: October 30, 2011, 08:12:49 PM »

Even though my last few Amazon pre-orders were sent out late Sunday and arrived on Tuesday, I was also anxious seeing "not yet shipped" as late as 8pm EST Sunday.  So I e-mailed Amazon, enquiring about my order.  I said I ordered on the first day for $110 and that I am part of several online forums and I'm seeing many other people saying theirs has shipped or is getting ready to ship.. I even mentioned a guy I know in Idaho whose was shipped out YESTERDAY.  I said I paid for release day shipping and to forgive my impatience, but this last minute stuff makes me nervous.  Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Within minutes I got this response:

Hello, I'm very sorry about the delay in sending your order. While looking into this, I found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping. This is corrected now, and your order will be shipping soon.

I'd like to get your order to you faster to help make up for the delay, so I've upgraded the method of shipment for this order to One-Day Shipping. There's no additional charge for this.

As soon as your order has shipped, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail. Again, I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to see you again soon.

I then checked my order.  It says "shipping soon" and my order total even went down $4. 
GeorgeFellInHisHorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: October 30, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »

Even though my last few Amazon pre-orders were sent out late Sunday and arrived on Tuesday, I was also anxious seeing "not yet shipped" as late as 8pm EST Sunday.  So I e-mailed Amazon, enquiring about my order.  I said I ordered on the first day for $110 and that I am part of several online forums and I'm seeing many other people saying theirs has shipped or is getting ready to ship.. I even mentioned a guy I know in Idaho whose was shipped out YESTERDAY.  I said I paid for release day shipping and to forgive my impatience, but this last minute stuff makes me nervous.  Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Within minutes I got this response:

Hello, I'm very sorry about the delay in sending your order. While looking into this, I found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping. This is corrected now, and your order will be shipping soon.

I'd like to get your order to you faster to help make up for the delay, so I've upgraded the method of shipment for this order to One-Day Shipping. There's no additional charge for this.

As soon as your order has shipped, we'll send you a confirmation e-mail. Again, I'm truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to see you again soon.

I then checked my order.  It says "shipping soon" and my order total even went down $4. 

What was the email you used?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:22:06 PM by GeorgeFellInHisHorn » Logged

JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: October 30, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »

Alright from what I understand here is the issue with the box set version at least.  Amazon has run out of copies from their distributor but has requested more copies and the request has been granted.  The box sets are currently being packed for shipment and expected to ship tomorrow with delivery time still expected for Tuesday (I would guess assuming like most of us you have had this thing on pre-order since August).  This is coming directly from the gentleman I spoke with minutes ago at Amazon so hopefully we all start seeing updates on our shipping status soon.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 08:31:10 PM by JohnMill » Logged

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: October 30, 2011, 08:48:30 PM »

Alright from what I understand here is the issue with the box set version at least.  Amazon has run out of copies from their distributor but has requested more copies and the request has been granted.  The box sets are currently being packed for shipment and expected to ship tomorrow with delivery time still expected for Tuesday (I would guess assuming like most of us you have had this thing on pre-order since August).  This is coming directly from the gentleman I spoke with minutes ago at Amazon so hopefully we all start seeing updates on our shipping status soon.

I'm getting the same story from Amazon.
grooveblaster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8445 on: October 30, 2011, 09:01:31 PM »

I  just chatted with Amazon online and got basically the same response. They  started it forward and they guarantee it to arrive on Tuesday.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: October 30, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »

I'm getting very angry with Amazon.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: October 30, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »

if only smile were more obscure

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: October 30, 2011, 09:24:41 PM »

What was the email you used?

You just log in, click "contact us," and follow the prompts.

Alright from what I understand here is the issue with the box set version at least.  Amazon has run out of copies from their distributor but has requested more copies and the request has been granted.  The box sets are currently being packed for shipment and expected to ship tomorrow with delivery time still expected for Tuesday (I would guess assuming like most of us you have had this thing on pre-order since August).  This is coming directly from the gentleman I spoke with minutes ago at Amazon so hopefully we all start seeing updates on our shipping status soon.

So much for ordering it the first day.  I know a guy that ordered 4 days ago and his has been shipped.  Very strange, Amazon.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 09:26:55 PM by TV Forces » Logged
MD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: October 30, 2011, 09:27:31 PM »

Hmmm...I guess I got lucky...

I canceled my Amazon order and got it from DeepDiscount.com instead...

Arrived Saturday and I'm in western PA...

Too overwhelmed to post a review right now...

Visions of a new SMiLE mix are dancing through my head...

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 ... 380 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx