gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680956 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 12:41:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Christmas Album -- New Mono CD?  (Read 3877 times)
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:10:51 PM »

Now that Christmas has arrived early for all of us courtesy of The SMiLE Sessions box -- I wanted to remind everyone that real Christmas is coming....

Beach Boys Christmas Album -- Original Mono??

Does anybody have any info on this release?

The samples sound great!  I don't think I have these tracks in mono.  The Ultimate Christmas doesn't include the mono, I believe.

positivemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 11:48:04 AM »

Can anyone confirm for me that this is the mono mix of Christmas Album?
Blake Alan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 03:18:44 PM »

I can't say definitively (since I haven't heard it), but I was told it was a very narrow stereo mix. Perhaps someone with more insight can chime in...
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »

Sounds mono to me, I bought it last month Tongue

Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »

Sounds mono to me, I bought it last month Tongue

Really? The originals maybe, but definitely not the standards.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:26:14 PM »

All the Brian written and produced songs sound like fake stereo

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 06:32:44 PM »

I think the pair of you are talking about different discs  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »

I got mine at an FYE in the "Christmas" section they have set up, it wasn't used, and is the original Christmas Album.

Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 10:52:18 AM »

I'm bumping an ancient thread, having just searched Amazon US for latest BB releases (looking for the new Party comp, which is there), finding this:

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Album-Paper-Sleeve-CD-Deluxe--Replica-Limited/dp/B014YP1I0M/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1445362901&sr=1-2&keywords=beach+boys

My main question is what will be on this disc? Just the original 12 tracks? In stereo? In mono? Or (crossing my fingers this is the case) both mono and stereo? Any bonus material? Or is this just yet another annual ho-hum reissue of this album?

The artwork they have on the site shows just the original track listing on the original back cover, but it is after all an LP-replica sleeve so the full contents may not be listed. And it does say "Deluxe" in the product name after all...

Anyone in the know at liberty to say more?

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 11:52:22 AM »

I'm bumping an ancient thread, having just searched Amazon US for latest BB releases (looking for the new Party comp, which is there), finding this:

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Album-Paper-Sleeve-CD-Deluxe--Replica-Limited/dp/B014YP1I0M/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1445362901&sr=1-2&keywords=beach+boys

My main question is what will be on this disc? Just the original 12 tracks? In stereo? In mono? Or (crossing my fingers this is the case) both mono and stereo? Any bonus material? Or is this just yet another annual ho-hum reissue of this album?

The artwork they have on the site shows just the original track listing on the original back cover, but it is after all an LP-replica sleeve so the full contents may not be listed. And it does say "Deluxe" in the product name after all...

It's discussed here, tracklist courtesy of bgas:  http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,8214.msg541471.html#msg541471

Also, it's briefly mentioned on page 61 of the pdf that bryand posted in the "BEACH BOYS’ PARTY! Uncovered and Unplugged" thread:

Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 12:20:48 PM »

It's discussed here, tracklist courtesy of bgas:  http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,8214.msg541471.html#msg541471

Also, it's briefly mentioned on page 61 of the pdf that bryand posted in the "BEACH BOYS’ PARTY! Uncovered and Unplugged" thread:

Ah, thanks for the reply. I'm not surprised at all this has already been scooped, dissected, and dealt with before I ever had a chance to see it. I did do a search before posting, but didn't see it, and I have trouble keeping up with all the threads here. Sorry for the distraction, everyone.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:51 PM »

It's discussed here, tracklist courtesy of bgashttp://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,8214.msg541471.html#msg541471

Ah, thanks for the reply. I'm not surprised at all this has already been scooped, dissected, and dealt with before I ever had a chance to see it. I did do a search before posting, but didn't see it, and I have trouble keeping up with all the threads here. Sorry for the distraction, everyone.

No distraction at all, glad to point you in the right direction of the info!
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 12:10:57 PM »

I've been thinking about getting this.  Will it be as good as any other release?  I'm not interested in Ultimate Christmas. 

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2015, 01:43:04 PM »

Tapping my own memory and looking at AGD's Bellagio site, it appears the only tracks that aren't readily available on CD, in terms of the album itself, are the mono mixes of the non-originals.

The 1991 CD has the "originals" in mono and the rest in stereo, while "Ultimate Christmas" has everything in stereo. Then of course we have the mono mix of the "single" version of "Little Saint Nick" which is on several comps (GV '93 set, Singles box), and then a couple different attempts at a stereo mix of the "single" version (Ultimate X-Mas and Singles box each have different attempts; I forget which mix is on MIC).

I love "Ultimate Christmas", but a few of the originals on the '64 album sound kind of limp in stereo, especially "The Man with All the Toys." The mono mix on that one is much punchier.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »

"Ultimate Christmas" is good but I would have loved to have had the Christmas Medley on there too.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx