gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680998 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 09:40:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reminder: Beach Boys on Fallon Tonight - May 7th, 2012  (Read 71612 times)
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2012, 02:53:23 PM »

Wow, how can you not love Mike right now. He just seems like such a great, like-able, chill guy. I'm so impressed with his demeanor regarding this reunion tour so far.

Boy, was this special. There's just not much else to say. Fallon said it perfectly. "These guys are legends! Just legends!"

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »

Leno.....who cares about Leno after last night? No offence but the bar has been raised too high for the format his show with the band will allow. There will be one song, Radio I figure and maybe a few words. This from the groups home town. Would probably be the same format for that type of show if JC was to agree to an interview. Silly questions for 3 minutes then cut to commercial.

My suggestion will be to watch it, get over it, then re-watch last nights clips.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »

Yeah, competition has produced Fallon... since Jay is king of the hill he has little reason to innovate.  When he actually tried to innovate (or was forced to) he lost his ass and the ratings went into the gutter... until he cryed and complained until he got his old spot back.  

I like Jay and always have, but he's never going to change, he's very much got a 1980s style of show, and it's worked great for him for 30 years (Counting his guest stints on Carson).  Fallon has low expectations, so they let him (to a smalllllll extent) take the ball and run with it.  

No huge show would have gambled with making the entire show about an old act like the Beach Boys like he did... and he was rewarded with good reviews for his bold move.

"Fortune favors the bold"

Jimmy Fallon reminds me more (much more) of early David Letterman than he does of Jay, or modern day Dave.  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:00:26 PM by Ron » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 08, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »

How WOULD one contact the Jimmy Fallon show? He deserves some fan mail or something. I'm eager to do so.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 08, 2012, 03:08:45 PM »

Go to Google.com, and type "Jimmy Fallon Show" and see where that gets you.

BTW you can do that with anything you want to know information about.  www.Google.com
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »

BTW you can do that with anything you want to know information about.  www.Google.com

Hey you know something Ron? You're a real a**hole. I've been to that site. I thought there might be a more intimate way to contact the guy I think deserves some good words for providing us with such an amazing showing of our favorite band.  Go to some other thread if you're going to be a sarcastic jerk like you always are. Man, you're sh*t gets old real fast.

SG7
« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

Thud

So good. Can't wait for my show next week!!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »

Hey you know something Ron? You're a real a**hole. I've been to that site. I thought there might be a more intimate way to contact the guy I think deserves some good words for providing us with such an amazing showing of our favorite band.  Go to some other thread if you're going to be a sarcastic jerk like you always are. Man, you're sh*t gets old real fast.

I was just trying to be helpful.  Damn.  You didn't have to jump all over me, would you prefer I go to google and find an email address for you?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 08, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/

Go to the bottom left of the page. Attach a link to this thread if you write.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 08, 2012, 03:30:25 PM »

Undesirable Element.... You're slightly less of an asshole than me, because you went 1 link further than I did. 
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2012, 03:31:11 PM »

Mike Love is on fire.....

"Can you teach me Barbara Ann"

"THAT AIN'T NO THING"

Mike Love is a complete RIOT!

Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2012, 03:36:58 PM »

Undesirable Element.... You're slightly less of an asshole than me, because you went 1 link further than I did. 

But I did it with the attitude we are getting a lot of new posters here this year and they deserve a certain level of respect and encouragement. Wink
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »

Don't worry, God will strike me dead soon, lol.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2012, 03:38:18 PM »

Look at Mikes face after he talks about listening for beach boys songs on the radio

Incredibly funny

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »

I think Mike's face after saying that is what made Brian laugh too.  LOL
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2012, 03:48:28 PM »

Don't worry, God will strike me dead soon, lol.

May you reach 3000 posts before you do!

I notice the higher number of posts, the grumpier the poster. Look at AGD!

Stay positive you bitter old as*hole. It keeps you young! Grin
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »

WIBN is played in a lower key, isn' it? What about Cottonfields, did they lower it too?

They lowered it one half step, from F major as heard on the original recording to E major as played last night. if you listen to SOT, even in 1966 I think they slowed the tape for some of those vocal sessions.

I was impressed they only needed to lower it *one half step* after 40 odd years! Some singers and bands...without naming names...transpose much more than that and it really does affect the songs being performed.

Not the BB's!  Smiley

They've done it live in the key of E for decades.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2012, 04:24:23 PM »

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/

Go to the bottom left of the page. Attach a link to this thread if you write.

Thank you.  By the way, just because you might consider me a "new poster",  does not mean I'm not competent enough to find the contact us link at the bottom of the page.  Unfortunately, I cannot really back up that claim, because I failed to see that when I visited the site  Roll Eyes

Thank you again UE  Grin

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2012, 06:10:45 PM »

I never said you were a new poster but Ron has been an equal opportunity grump for awhile now and dumping on many.

This is the best BB related site hands down and of course a lot of interest in the band this year will increase the flow here and we  need to encourage new members rather belittling them IMO.

Let us know if you hear back from the show. I see a staffer has compiled a top 50 list going by the site. He (Jon) may have passed on some advice for Fallon.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:15:26 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »

I never said you were a new poster but Ron has been an equal opportunity grump for awhile now and dumping on many.

This is the best BB related site hands down and of course a lot of interest in the band this year will increase the flow here and we  need to encourage new members rather belittling them IMO.

Let us know if you hear back from the show. I see a staffer has compiled a top 50 list going by the site. He (Jon) may have passed on some advice for Fallon.

I will  Grin And yes, I agree, encouragement and respect go a really long way.

Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »

Jimmy Fallon is also on Facebook and Twitter. You can contact him that way.

http://www.facebook.com/latenightwithjimmyfallon

https://twitter.com/#!/jimmyfallon

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2012, 07:40:16 PM »

I'd like to purchase the new album.  Where oh where can I buy one?  Somebody go find me information. 
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »

Wow, I hate to get weepy here, but seeing Mike and Brian on that couch together was really touching.

For all over the unsavory Mr. Positivity-hey-me-too-ness Mike has exhibited in the past, he's really come around to be a wonderful advocate of Brian's. Cool interview.

Also I love that Brian continuously rocks the Chuck Taylors and Mike goes for the no-socks-with-dress-shoes look.

ETA: Dave's shades kill me.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:16:20 PM by ivy » Logged
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2012, 09:04:48 PM »

Some moron on msn said you can't tell who is singing the lead on the majority of WIBN.  It couldn't be any more obvious that it's Al!  Goodness. 

I'm blown away by how animated Brian is out there.  He appears to be having a blast.  Look at him during the last verse or so of Radio.  Wow.

Just wow.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2012, 09:10:02 PM »

Wow, I hate to get weepy here, but seeing Mike and Brian on that couch together was really touching.

For all over the unsavory Mr. Positivity-hey-me-too-ness Mike has exhibited in the past, he's really come around to be a wonderful advocate of Brian's. Cool interview.

Also I love that Brian continuously rocks the Chuck Taylors and Mike goes for the no-socks-with-dress-shoes look.

ETA: Dave's shades kill me.

I'm sort of concerned by those Chucks.  He's always wearing them and they're bad for your feet. Which means they're also bad for his ailing back! Hopefully he's got some arch supports or Dr. Scholl's jelly inserts or something.

No mas, por favor.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx