gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 10:07:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 25: Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - Irvine, CA 6/3/12(SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 49361 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2012, 05:55:16 PM »

Looked pretty close to sold out.

I just got home after an 7 hour drive and am checking out my media for the first time. Since it was taken on my phone, the video is rough looking and the Audio is rough as well, but I got most of California Saga's set. Some lovely banter in between songs. The audience dug it, and the group I went with was very into it as well. I'll upload 'em but don't be mad when your speakers get blown.  Grin

Hopefully somebody with a better camera was able to film it.

No mas, por favor.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2012, 06:07:58 PM »

Al with the Banjo on Cal. Saga , singing lead on WIBN, white suit. What is this? 1975

I do wish on the first chorus of Sloop, it would just be Brian with Al doubling him there like they used to instead of the whole group but that's fine. Excited for my 2nd concert in Saratoga in a few weeks.  Hope Mike and Al are still talking to each other by then. Grin
Tilt Araiza
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2012, 06:10:06 PM »

Don't know if anybody has any shots of the California Saga logo that was up on screen, but it looked a lot like this:

This is a lousy quality detail of a picture I took from far back, but yeah, that was the first thing I thought when I saw it, too.

Tilt Araiza
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »

This video has no value as a video (unless you like watching people getting to their seats), but if you want to hear California Saga singing Anna Lee, The Healer in rough quality, here it is.

http://youtu.be/zHDUe-2W4z0
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »

These videos also have no value as a video, but:

Cal Saga intro which is too quiet, then gets LOUD so adjust your speakers accordingly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-emHHr9ESc

Almost done uploading is 'Til I Die: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmbIBlq5jnU

I'll upload a couple other ones if there's interest.

Something kind of cool that I didn't film: Justyn said a few words about his father and ended with "thank you very very very very very very much"  Grin Was a nice tribute.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 08:09:57 PM by stack-o-tracks » Logged

No mas, por favor.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2012, 08:21:21 PM »

That's amazing. Make sure someone posts that on Al, Mike and Brian's page so they see what their music has done to a group of strangers.
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 04, 2012, 09:24:25 PM »

I'd be interested in hearing "Darlin'" and "I Can Hear Music." I assume Justyn sang lead on both. I loved his vocal on "All This Is That," so I'd like to know how he did with songs that originally featured his dad more prominently -- and, in the case of "Darlin'," rocked a lot harder.
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2012, 07:01:36 AM »

Leads were kind of traded off on "I Can Hear Music" as I recall, and Justyn did one verse.  He did great but I remember him going flat or just struggling a little on the last note, and kind of rolling his eyes at himself on the big screen.
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2012, 08:41:49 AM »

The Bowl and Irvine were my fourth and fifth shows. I hate to use the word "improvement" -- but the "growth" of this show since April is astounding. It's TRULY an arena show -- and with David, the band finally has the ballsy virtuoso guitar hero they've always sorely lacked. For the group to return to their solo incarnations permanently would be the biggest mistake -- on every level. The Beach Boys should embark on 20-date road excursions playing a similar 2-hour setlist as they do now, yet ALSO embrace a top end Vegas residency, playing a 70-minute show for, say a month at a time. That's real money, major money -- something that's no doubt one of the downsides of this tour for certain principals. A classy Vegas show doesn't have the stigma it did 30 years ago. It might be the smartest option in keeping this thing going.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2012, 09:05:38 AM »

Al looks great

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
feelflows
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »

These videos also have no value as a video, but:

Cal Saga intro which is too quiet, then gets LOUD so adjust your speakers accordingly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-emHHr9ESc

Almost done uploading is 'Til I Die: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmbIBlq5jnU

Something kind of cool that I didn't film: Justyn said a few words about his father and ended with "thank you very very very very very very much"  Grin Was a nice tribute.

Thanks for sharing!  I'd be very interested to hear anything else you got of Cal Saga.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2012, 10:00:54 AM »

Oh boy! Just listening to the whole CalSaga set...  Their blend is amazing!
This is not just a Beach Boys "cover band", the genes really matter here.  Wonderful!

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »

Working on getting the other videos uploaded, but my internet connection isn't that fast and my computer keeps falling asleep.  Angry Should have Darlin' up in the next hour or so (hopefully) with the others to follow later in the afternoon.

No mas, por favor.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »

This video has no value as a video (unless you like watching people getting to their seats), but if you want to hear California Saga singing Anna Lee, The Healer in rough quality, here it is.

http://youtu.be/zHDUe-2W4z0

a few empty rows there....
guess ppl are too into the new stuff
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2012, 11:20:25 AM »

There was a huge, huge traffic snarl to get off the exit and into the parking lot -- I was stuck about an hour the seats didn't fill up until about the 2 or 3rd Beach Boys number. At which point the people who thought they could snag much better seats made sheepish faces as people arrived late and went back up to the lawn area. I heard half of the California Saga set while racing uphill past people, sounded quite nice drifting through the trees.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:23:53 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2012, 12:02:43 PM »

From Al's Facebook page:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »

There was a huge, huge traffic snarl to get off the exit and into the parking lot -- I was stuck about an hour the seats didn't fill up until about the 2 or 3rd Beach Boys number. At which point the people who thought they could snag much better seats made sheepish faces as people arrived late and went back up to the lawn area. I heard half of the California Saga set while racing uphill past people, sounded quite nice drifting through the trees.

How about the traffic snarl getting out?!!!?

We were stuck for over an hour trying to get the hell out of there!

anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:59 PM »

I was afraid of that, so I left during "Kokomo".  Getting out was a breeze.  Evil
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »

Darlin': http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eivo-y9dqHI

Uploading I Can Hear Music right now.

No mas, por favor.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2012, 02:34:57 PM »

I was afraid of that, so I left during "Kokomo".  Getting out was a breeze.  Evil

I guess I've finally been punished for loving that song Wink
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2012, 03:01:32 PM »

We were lucky enough to hang out backstage after the show thanks to Dave and Carrie Marks. We had a few beverages and a snack, talked to some of the band and some other fans...time flies. By the time we walked out to the car, the band's bus actually passed us on our way out, and there were about five cars in the entire parking lot. Needless to say no traffic problem. But I can respect leaving during "Kokomo" just the same. Grin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2012, 03:35:41 PM »

It seems leaving during Kokomo or hanging around a bit was the best bet. They had no one directing traffic till after we'd been sitting there for an hour! I blame it on an all too well behaved crowd!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2012, 05:49:54 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG_94QB0jQ8

Here's like half of I Can Hear Music. I got the introducing of Rob & Billy H, and Justyn's words about Carl.

Apologies for how awful my videos sound and look, but it's the best I could do.

No mas, por favor.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2012, 12:07:06 AM »

Can you guys see this "behind the scenes" CalSaga video?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=427580553939238

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 06, 2012, 04:28:12 AM »

Can you guys see this "behind the scenes" CalSaga video?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=427580553939238

No....  Embarrassed
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx