-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 10:36:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  A great week for buying vinyl
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A great week for buying vinyl  (Read 14099 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 11:05:23 AM »

One note about that boot, Klaas...that's actually the first half of the November 1971 Princeton show. Good old 70s bootlegs with their misinformation. Smiley

I know... the tracks that are listed already hint towards a 71 show. Mostly Surf's Up tracks.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 11:12:12 AM »

Dennis is not on this recording.
 Mike Kowalski is.
 They do a rockin'
 SU.S.A. on this LP!!!!!
MBE
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 12:04:09 AM »

That's a good record.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 09:32:39 AM »

Went to a small record fair today. The vintage:
- Sunflower (German pressing on Emidisc)
- Pet Sounds (a limited edition "From The Capitol Faults" 180 grams, sealed)
- Little Honda / Wendy (Starline tan label)
- Surfin' USA/Shut Down (original US pressing, with Chuck Berry credits)
- Surfin' USA/Shut Down (Starline, purple label)
- Surfin' USA/Shut Down (Starline rainbow label)
- Surfin' Safari/409 (Starline tan label)
- Good Vibrations/Let's Go Away... (Dutch pressing and to my surprise with fixed hole, not a centerpiece that can be pushed out)
- Little Deuce Coupe / Barbara Ann (Collectables series)
- BB Medley / Do You Wanna Dance? (Collectables series)

Ah, the Starline fever is hitting on me as well...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Music Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2009, 10:19:24 AM »

I just got the Beatles Rarities (1980 US version) for $10, the appeals for me were getting to have the Inner Light on vinyl, the full outro mix of Penny Lane issued to radio stations without the fooling around at the end like on Anthology 2 and that it's the cheapest way to get the infamous Yesterday and Today butcher photo.

I also got the vinyl pressing of Thin Lizzy Still Dangerous which I'd been looking for the last while.
PaulHippensteel
Smiley Smile Associate

Tach it up, buddy gonna shut you down

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:59 PM »

Punkinhead:

I currently live in Indianapolis but in the '80s I lived in Bloomington, Indiana. Back then there was a great record shop called Ozarka. When I needed quick cash I sold them a lot of rare vinyl from my collection. Unfoirtunately I didn't get a chance to buy the stuff back because instead of putting my records in the store they probably sold them by mail!

Last year I had a job repairing "Moviecube"/"New Release" DVD rental machines at Kroger stores and I made several repair trips down to Bloomington. But our company lost the Kroger contract to our competitor, "Redbox". We offer more movies (400+ titles) but people prefer Redbox's "return anywhere" policy, which we don't have.

In the late '70s I found a UK pressing of "Mt. Vernon & Fairway" without the Holland LP!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:47:14 PM by PaulHippensteel » Logged

The P.L.H. Organ-izayshun: Rock instrumentals live on an original 1966 Farfisa!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 09:03:34 PM »

nice

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 07:03:26 AM »

While snooping through my uncle's vinyl collection, that cleary hasn't been touched in many years, i came across a BW autographed Holland album. Let the negotiations begin!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:49:04 AM by hutchings » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »

o yes!

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2009, 09:22:02 PM »

that my friend is a rarity and a fantastic find!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »

Here in Indiana, we have the annual Covered Bridge Festival, which is usually crafty stuff, but some like to sell their junk...so that means i scan for vinyl...didnt find a whole lot...but noteworthy in my book:
-Come Go with Me/Dont Go Near the Water 45
-R&R Music/TM Song 45
1$ each

no albums but a Spirit of America, which i already own two copies of and Endless Summer (the guy was charging 40$ for that one!)...needless to say i passed them up

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2009, 11:06:11 PM »

You guys are nerds Razz  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »

I bought BB'85 the other day for a dollar!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 11:24:53 PM »

I have the original hand written lyrics to a BB '85 song. Beat that.  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »

Aegir- BB85 on vinyl is the greatest defender that the album doesnt totally suck...to me, the mix on vinyl has a bit more balls to it...wish Male Ego was on there!

Jay- anyone posting on this board is a nerd   Grin     btw, where'd you get the hand written lyrics? Did someone write them all or just Carl/Mike/Landy?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »

Funny story - at the same record store, there was a $3 Rick Astley album that I also bought. When we got back to my friends' house, I put on the Rick Astley album first. One of the guys, Sean, left for some reason, and during that time I took the Rick Astley album off and replaced it with BB'85. A little while later, Sean comes back and "Where I Belong" is playing. He says, "Why are you still listening to Rick Astley?! Put on that Beach Boys album!" We all cracked up.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »

BTW, i forgot to mention I found the Plastic Ono Band single of Give Peace a Chance, nothing breathtaking I know...but I noticed the writing credit was Lennon/McCartney, what was with that?  Was that single still in contract with that whole lennon/mccartney thing? Anyone spread the news for me? thanks

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Music Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2009, 07:07:31 PM »

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother (France Pressing, has a cover variation, unlike the no text on the front cover UK version or the North American version with Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother in rodeo rope font it just says Pink Floyd in large bold black rockwell font.)

Armageddon - S/T (Keith Relph's last project, a killer hard rock supergroup.)

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Live Rust

Black Sabbath - S/T (new 2 lp reissue with an album of bonus tracks. Includes Evil Woman and Wicked World.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:40:55 PM by Music Machine » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: