gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680884 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 02, 2024, 02:58:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Monkees 2CD reissues  (Read 10188 times)
cta
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2006, 12:25:49 PM »

The late 90's reissues were quite a treat because I could never get my hands on some Missing Links CDs, although I've heard the tracks on those now from Napster and Tunebited those babies into WAV files from 192KPS WMA's...POINT BEING, the sound wasn't that impressive.   

It was nice to hear some of the PAC&J stuff on their "alternate takes" which are just the originals without sound effect/Moog overdubs.

Also, live Monkees recordings were horrible...yes, even that box set of 4 different shows although much better than their Live 1967 CD which shouldn't have even been released. 

So yeah, their whole catalog could use a true revamping.  Now even The Beatles are doing mono/stereo reissues with much better remastering...that said, I'd say the Monkees could do it as well. 

What grinds my ass though is that the Stones with their great new re-packaging on their ABKCO/London releases, there isn't really any new meat and potatoes.  Go figure...Alan Klien's in the mix and probably has some stipulation that nothing can be changed without checking in with every BAR association on the planet first.   

Remember...he has a meeting on Saturday!  It can't wait, I tell you.  You're stalling.

As for Marcia, yeah, I wouldn't mind having my way with her across that grass.   She should have been Stifler's mom instead of that Best In Show chick.  Oh well...can't disrupt that Best In Show/Mighty Wind/American Pie clique. 

Alright, I'm getting way off topic.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 12:29:13 PM by cta » Logged

Feh.
SG7
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 02:13:32 PM »

Speaking of all the criticism about their shows, everyone has to hear them in Japan in '68. It is such an awesome show. Great sound and everything. I was even screaming  LOL
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 11:06:10 AM »

Great news about the new Monkees reissues on the 24-hour radio Monkeethon that was on yesterday. I believe the entire interview with Andrew Sandoval is posted on jamden.com.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
SG7
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 01:08:34 PM »

I wish I could have heard it... I was in school and my computer was shot  Sad
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 12:01:05 PM »

How limited will these limited editions be? I'm sorta broke right now. I feel obligated to buy the first 2 records, even though they aren't my favorites. I'm really excited about Pisces, though. I guess I'll have to have them, but Amazon has them at $22.99 a shot, and that's alot for me....
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2006, 08:35:07 AM »

I can't imagine they would be THAT limited since the old discs are now out of print..  these are THE way to get the Monkees albums now..  so if they go out of print again, there will be no other way to get these on CD.
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2006, 04:16:53 PM »

I hope I have some dough saved up around Christmas to get myself this stuff.  Shrug

I'll definitely get Pisces first though.

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 08:39:07 AM »

I envy people that can wait until Christmas to buy something that came out in August that you're interested in.  I'm just not that patient.
SG7
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2006, 10:36:50 AM »

I envy people that can wait until Christmas to buy something that came out in August that you're interested in. I'm just not that patient.

Me either. Sometimes I can wait though but it can't be anything I want really bad.
monkee knutz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2006, 10:34:38 PM »

Didja all listen to the soundbites on the Rhino site?? They weren't working as of a few days ago. They're working today!!
The demo for Propinquity is stunning!! Do Not Ask For Love sounds cool with Jones singing tandem lead vocal with Micky!

http://www.rhinorecords.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=77678
http://www.rhinorecords.com/store/ProductDetail.lasso?Number=77744
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx