gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 07:54:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knebworth on VH1 Classics tonight, 8/14, 11 PM eastern time.  (Read 4270 times)
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »

Catch it if you're up. I saw this on the blooey.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »

tivo'd!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 07:14:01 PM »

Thanks! I'll watch.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 07:52:52 PM »

Thanx for the heads up-- tivo'd with 9 minutes to spare...
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 09:01:49 PM »

It's on again at 1 AM Eastern as well, if you don't already have it on CD. Just finished watching it, and as always, it's great, but sad in a way too. Since it was the last time all of the 5 original guys were together for a concert. I had never gotten to see them all together and boy, if I could go back in time....................................

I thought they were fantastic, and especially Dennis!!!! Man, he could rock!!!! Brian actually made it all the way through too!!!!!

Ah, for the good times!!!!   Looking forward more than ever to BW's show in Milwaukee this fall!
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 09:06:27 PM »

I love Dennis' face as he introduced Brian during Surfer Girl. He looked so proud or something, very sweet.
MBE
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 10:54:10 PM »

It's on again at 1 AM Eastern as well, if you don't already have it on CD. Just finished watching it, and as always, it's great, but sad in a way too. Since it was the last time all of the 5 original guys were together for a concert. I had never gotten to see them all together and boy, if I could go back in time....................................

I thought they were fantastic, and especially Dennis!!!! Man, he could rock!!!! Brian actually made it all the way through too!!!!!

Ah, for the good times!!!!   Looking forward more than ever to BW's show in Milwaukee this fall!

They last played together in August 1983. Part of it is in An American Band.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 03:28:12 AM »

They last all played together - with Bruce - on 9/2 at the New York State Fairgrounds, Syracuse. In the vid, Carl says it was the last 4th of July where they all played together.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 06:00:07 AM »

They last all played together - with Bruce - on 9/2 at the New York State Fairgrounds, Syracuse. In the vid, Carl says it was the last 4th of July where they all played together.

Brian wasn't there for the 9/2 Syracuse show.  I believe the last time the classic "Pet Sounds"/"Sunflower" 6-man lineup played together was in California that August.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »

Watched it for curiosity sake, to see how I'd FEEL....A lot of sadness, because of the loss of Dennis and, don't forget, Michael Meros. But, I was especially somber at seeing Carl; there is STILL a touch of denial or "I can't believe he passed away at such a young age..."

It's hard to believe that concert was almost 30 years old, and, Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce, and David are still playing that same song! But, that's a good thing. It's making people happy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:23:12 AM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 10:35:55 AM »

Brian wasn't there for the 9/2 Syracuse show.  I believe the last time the classic "Pet Sounds"/"Sunflower" 6-man lineup played together was in California that August.

I'll have a word with my mate Ian...  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 11:28:39 AM »

As live document I even prefer this over the 1973 In Concert album: Brian is there (to a certain extent, that is), Dennis is quite obviously having a blast and Carl is at the top of his game when it comes to singing lead. What more could you ask for? Also, I think Brian's looking a bit like his younger self here.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »

Dang, I missed it, & I've never seen it before.  Will VH1 Classics re-air it any time soon?? Huh

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »

Basically the whole thing is on youtube.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 01:16:41 PM »

I already have it on DVD!!!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2009, 03:39:53 PM »

Can we come over to your place & watch it?  I'll bring the popcorn.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2009, 06:26:39 PM »

Order it and OWN it!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2009, 06:37:58 PM »

I have two. You can have one. Just stop by tomorrow most anytime. I'll be here.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 04:33:11 PM »

Can we come over to your place & watch it?  I'll bring the popcorn.

Sure!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 04:57:09 PM »

It aired this mid-afternoon on VH1 Classic Concerts. What a bonus for anybody fishin' around for something good on the tube on a lazy Summer day.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 04:58:29 PM »

It aired this mid-afternoon on VH1 Classic Concerts. What a bonus for anybody fishin' around for something good on the tube on a lazy Summer day.

What a coincidence...I just watched my Knebworth DVD this morning!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx