gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680911 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 08:38:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Key Of Disney  (Read 135532 times)
smokeythebear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 22, 2011, 07:57:52 AM »

Sigh all these source requests, well watch the movies from inside the studio, does he seem like the producer of the sixties? Do you think he sits up all night and write string arrangements these days? Look at the Brian Wilson presents smile, what is his big input on thing? "The bottom note is a little pitchy" , "I think you should go honk honk" , "One of the strings are not loud enough" , "Use a pick". Its not like "holy sh*t the surfs up strings are missing ill go home and write fresh ones!" it´s the band trying to get drag ideas out of him trying to make some kind of fair picture of what was supposed to be there.

Look at the interviews, the interaction footage with the band you get a fair idea of who does what. My point was someone who does not play an instrument in the band needs to take the producers helm, because Brian is not going to come back and say that something sucks or does not fit in.

And to ask Brian to contribute more, i think nowadays he is just the type of guy that needs to be asked. Brian what do you remember from surfs up? ahh there were some strings... Can you write new ones? Sure i can do that.
ghost
« Reply #501 on: September 22, 2011, 07:58:35 AM »

What's with you guys and sources? Don't you have brains that are capable of thought? Think for yourselves, it's all so plain to see. You think Brian sits around wishing he could make a mediocre cover album of Disney songs? Getouttahere, it's all for $.

You don't think that Brian, after being approached by the Disney company to record an album of Disney songs, might have thought "I like those old Disney songs, maybe it'd be fun to make an album of Disney songs for my kids"?   

I'm not sure Brian even knows the name of those kids.
ghost
« Reply #502 on: September 22, 2011, 08:00:41 AM »

You ever hear old people run through a list of names in their family before getting to the right one? Just imagine Brian going through a list of everyone who's ever been in his family including those damn dogs & kids now.  Lips Sealed
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 22, 2011, 08:03:29 AM »

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:04:30 AM by LostArt » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: September 22, 2011, 08:09:46 AM »

This is just my 2¢, but my feeling that ghost is fast wearing out his welcome. Not every post requires a comment from you, you know.

And to those who will say "ignore him, then", it's hard when he's posting in every thread.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jason
« Reply #505 on: September 22, 2011, 08:12:11 AM »

You ever hear old people run through a list of names in their family before getting to the right one? Just imagine Brian going through a list of everyone who's ever been in his family including those damn dogs & kids now.  Lips Sealed

Man, I thought I was bad with posting stuff that was critical of Brian. The difference was that my little exposes were with a grain of intelligence.

Ghost, did Mommy Ghost and Daddy Ghost not show you enough attention when you were a child? Did they prefer locking you in a bedroom with Ding Dang in a loop with a mountain of cocaine and a Moog synthesizer in hopes that you would one day leave this plane of existence? I would have jumped, too.

All joking aside...what the f*** are you taking about?
ghost
« Reply #506 on: September 22, 2011, 08:12:25 AM »

This is just my 2¢, but my feeling that ghost is fast wearing out his welcome. Not every post requires a comment from you, you know.

And to those who will say "ignore him, then", it's hard when he's posting in every thread.

True, dat. I'll ease off a bit, let the sheep come back to graze for a while.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 22, 2011, 08:24:44 AM »

You think Brian sits around wishing he could make a mediocre cover album of Disney songs?

Nope. He wishes he could make a good one.

And he did.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 22, 2011, 08:32:56 AM »

its a good thing im back then  Evil

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #509 on: September 22, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »

its a good thing im back then  Evil

(consults list...)

You're next.

Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: September 22, 2011, 08:50:57 AM »

b) There is no doubt Brian wants real instruments being used, i do to even if i make modern music i tend to avoid synths and reverb drenched drum machines, that is just good taste.

I have a lot of doubt that Brian gives two squirts about real instruments. He has indicated in interviews over the last 30 years that he likes the convenience that drum machines, synths and other technologies allow. Why go to the trouble of directing musicians on some weird, expensive instrument when he or someone else can plop down in front of some keys. He could have used real instruments on all the tracks on 15 Big Ones, but chose not to and that was 35 years ago.

Just because Brian's music you like the most uses real instruments doesn't mean that's his preference. I think that was his only option during his heyday, and since the late 60's and 70's when he's had a choice he has typically taken the easiest road.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 22, 2011, 09:18:13 AM »

I have been posting against Ghost in some of those threads when he posts something really stupid, which is a lot.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:33:12 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 22, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »

I have been posting against Ghost in some of those threads when he posts something really stupid, which is a lot.

Ghost is all about the shock factor..

It works maybe 40% of the time. The rest of the time it's just gross

Tht said, It's cool having him around. Some of his comments are priceless

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 22, 2011, 09:53:28 AM »

Some of his comments are priceless and really funny on rare occasions, I just didn't like stunts like 8 straight posts about farting in the "friends" thread. A good warning sign of a shock posting is if he starts a thread.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 11:54:16 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: September 22, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »

So... if I start syaing nothing but the word "f***" repeated 500 times two out of every five times I post, that works ? I'll give it a go, see how much everyone likes it. It's all about the shock factor, y'know.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 22, 2011, 10:44:38 AM »

So... if I start syaing nothing but the word "f*ck" repeated 500 times two out of every five times I post, that works ? I'll give it a go, see how much everyone likes it. It's all about the shock factor, y'know.
Isn't that why we are here; to be shocked? Shoot, forget about learning anything new and fascinating and real.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
ghost
« Reply #516 on: September 22, 2011, 11:32:22 AM »

i find the gay bath house quality of this board's unspoken social policy to be very interesting - it's like to stick around on this forum without being ran out of town you have to be a lame over 30 average worldly guy who collects the Beach Boys like baseball cards or comic books. anytime someone expresses an opinion that goes against the status quo of beach boydom, officer agd 9000 or one of his boys comes in to correct history and rewire your neural circuitry to his specific program. your facts are dead things, my aesthetic appreciation of the music is living breathing reality. my insights are each moment fresh and real, unique and non-repeating, like snowflakes. your facts are coffins housing dead instants of memory. the music still lives in recordings. it is rare to see agd 9000 really flow about the MUSIC and his divine experience of it. I think he just needed a good engrossing hobby/obsession and took to this to fill the void.
ghost
« Reply #517 on: September 22, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »

by the way i'm not referring to AGD the man himself offline, as i think that once this window is no longer open we all enter a different state of mind corresponding to the particular object of experience, then. in other words, it's not like i sit around thinking, damn that agd. but when i come on this board, it is fun to think such things.  Grin

this is the WWF. i'm a bad guy wrestler that occasionally shoots to the top and has everyones love, but then falls right back down again. dig it.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 22, 2011, 11:41:28 AM »

Hey ghost, shut the fu*k up, he explained! Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Jason
« Reply #519 on: September 22, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »

i find the gay bath house quality of this board's unspoken social policy to be very interesting - it's like to stick around on this forum without being ran out of town you have to be a lame over 30 average worldly guy who collects the Beach Boys like baseball cards or comic books. anytime someone expresses an opinion that goes against the status quo of beach boydom, officer agd 9000 or one of his boys comes in to correct history and rewire your neural circuitry to his specific program. your facts are dead things, my aesthetic appreciation of the music is living breathing reality. my insights are each moment fresh and real, unique and non-repeating, like snowflakes. your facts are coffins housing dead instants of memory. the music still lives in recordings. it is rare to see agd 9000 really flow about the MUSIC and his divine experience of it. I think he just needed a good engrossing hobby/obsession and took to this to fill the void.

"Hello? Whine-one-one? This is GHOST! Mommy and daddy didn't give me enough attention when I was a child! They dropped me on my head and neglected me all my life! Now the whole world knows how much I absolutely SUCK!!! I need TEH WAAAAHMBULANCE!!!"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 22, 2011, 11:46:17 AM »

The current Shakespearean struggle of this board, Knowledge (AGD) vs. Insanity (ghost).

ghost
« Reply #521 on: September 22, 2011, 11:50:22 AM »

"Hello? Whine-one-one? This is GHOST! Mommy and daddy didn't give me enough attention when I was a child! They dropped me on my head and neglected me all my life! Now the whole world knows how much I absolutely SUCK!!! I need TEH WAAAAHMBULANCE!!!"

That's all true. You have uncanny psychic powers. Please, tell me more.
Jason
« Reply #522 on: September 22, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »

That's all true. You have uncanny psychic powers. Please, tell me more.

Shut up.

Dude, your incessant rambling about the weirdest of topics just for its own sake is no longer appealing. It's pissing people off. Knock it off or you're going to be banned. And that goes for everyone here.
ghost
« Reply #523 on: September 22, 2011, 11:55:37 AM »

monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 22, 2011, 11:58:30 AM »

Ghost! U R lyke soooo wierd!!1

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx