gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681063 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 20, 2024, 10:39:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 212321 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: April 08, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »

By the way, if any of you have been waiting for any dramatic statement from me, there won't be any. Go back to my statement(in this thread) from December 1,2012. What I said on December 1,2012 still stands.

Philly boy, I've been waiting for your return. I must ask you about this posting on Amazon:

"Arista Records has ended Brian Wilson's recording career,but not to worry;there's a lot more Beach Boys audio & video archival material in the vaults,and Wilson recently indicated that he will permit further vault projects."*

I was unaware that Brian's recording career ended in 2005! How did you gain this information? And if his recording career ended in '05, how did we get That Lucky Old Sun and That's Why God Made The Radio amongst other projects? Were these old vault projects that Capitol pulled out of their asses? Or is it possible that you were being overly negative and was made to look somewhat ridiculous later on? It's statements like the one above that make you look so ridiculous to us Phil!"

*Here's the link for this utter piece of nonsense: http://www.amazon.com/review/RLFA34S486I1

BY THE WAY, THE QUOTES FROM MY REVIEW OF BRIAN WILSON'S CHRISTMAS ALBUM WERE TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.  The actions of the Arista label which destroyed the album's commercial chances, involved the use of an anti-copy process of the original U.S.A.  first CD pressing; a process which was rumored to render the disc unplayable when consumers attempted to play the CD on certain car stereos or DVD players.

They weren't taken out of context. What does anti-piracy software have to do with Brian Wilson's recording career. Maybe it did hurt the sales of the Christmas album, but that doesn't mean it ended his career. Feel free to explain Phil!!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: April 08, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »

Phil has trumped us all again.. MWAH Phil big kiss for you buddy, great to have you back!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: April 08, 2013, 11:00:50 PM »

Phil has trumped us all again.. MWAH Phil big kiss for you buddy, great to have you back!!

Phil is fun to have back for sure!

Rock!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1228 on: April 09, 2013, 07:11:19 AM »

The Capitol executives are up in their executive suites laughing as they torture some avid fans

That's paranoid. Phil, could you post your writings in yellow color so I don't accidentally read them?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: April 09, 2013, 08:13:42 AM »

huehue

the trolling resumes

huehue  Azn
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: April 09, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »

The more things change, the more some things stay the same.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1231 on: April 09, 2013, 08:45:18 AM »

Still hasnt responded to the release date comment!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: April 09, 2013, 09:00:54 AM »

he is a troll, what the hell else to say..

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: April 09, 2013, 10:24:38 AM »

Great to see Capt. Buzzkill back in action with more nuggets of wisdom.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: April 09, 2013, 11:47:19 AM »

Not sure if this was posted somewhere yet, but I found a music retailer website that lists the MIC box release date as 8/27.

Do you have a URL Donny?

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Paulos
« Reply #1235 on: April 09, 2013, 12:14:46 PM »

In the past I have been admittedly a bit mean to Phil but I can see where he's coming from, to a point. It has been frustrating that MIC was hinted at and then no official announcements or press release (still haven't been actually) but the idea that the Capitol execs are deliberately holding back the release to wind up a bunch of nerds on a message-board is paranoid in the extreme.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1236 on: April 09, 2013, 01:03:11 PM »

Just because some fan put something onto Wikipedia doesn't mean that it's true.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1237 on: April 09, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »

Phil made some of his best work on here between the official announcement of a release date for TSS and it's it's eventual release..

Now that we have that for MIC I'm excited to see what he has in store for the next few months.

I'll give you my best efforts, but remember, though I may have named "The Wall of Secrecy", credit must go to Brother Records, Inc. & EMI-Capitol for inventing the wall.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: April 09, 2013, 01:13:06 PM »

Just because some fan put something onto Wikipedia doesn't mean that it's true.

There's a link in another thread to  a music news site which gives the release dates of MiC and the 2CD live set.  I just can't be bothered to dig if out only to be told either that it's wrong or that date will never come because the world's gonna end.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:14:00 PM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: April 09, 2013, 01:15:59 PM »

*sigh* so much typed yet little said.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: April 09, 2013, 01:22:27 PM »

Oh.

Here it is. The clue is in the thread title.

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15484.0.html

Cheers Phil.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 01:25:01 PM by John Manning » Logged

PhilCohen
« Reply #1241 on: April 09, 2013, 01:25:38 PM »

Rock & Pop music are art forms, albeit commercial art forms, and the industry that markets this art("The music industry") is part of something called "The Entertainment Industries", that are supposed to supply something called "entertainment". As for what the fans are being put through to extract this box set from The Beach Boys & Capitol Records, I don't know what to call this process, but it certainly ain't entertainment.

Yours Truly, Keeping The Bummer Alive,

Phil
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: April 09, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »

Yours Truly, being a complete f*ckwit outside of reality,

Phil

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: April 09, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »

We missed ya Phil!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:18 PM »

Rock & Pop music are art forms, albeit commercial art forms, and the industry that markets this art("The music industry") is part of something called "The Entertainment Industries", that are supposed to supply something called "entertainment". As for what the fans are being put through to extract this box set from The Beach Boys & Capitol Records, I don't know what to call this process, but it certainly ain't entertainment.

None of us are 'being put through' anything 'to extract' the box set. I'm one of 'the fans' and I've had to do precisely nothing to get them to release it. All any of us have to do is wait -- patiently or otherwise.

In the meantime, I'm quite glad it's not going to be out til August. In the last 18 months I've paid out for the Smile box, three expensive live shows (two of them abroad) plus a bunch of show merchandise, a new album, a live DVD, a pre-order of another live DVD, a 'zinepak' with a new recording on it, a bunch of reissues and it now looks like I'll be paying out for a live double CD, too. (And I'm still holding out hope that either Mike & Bruce will play a UK gig that doesn't require renting a dinner jacket or that Brian will play the UK this year). I might just about have got out of the overdraft again before the box comes out, and it's not like I've got nothing to listen to in the meantime.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1245 on: April 09, 2013, 01:41:39 PM »

We missed ya Phil!

Unless this is meant ironically, who is "we" in this case?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: April 09, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »

We missed ya Phil!

Unless this is meant ironically, who is "we" in this case?

I am in fact more than one person. In one body.

Work that one out  Wink

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: April 09, 2013, 02:04:32 PM »

Is this really Phil? Seems like a parody to me.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: April 09, 2013, 02:07:28 PM »

The paranoia is getting worse on Phil's end....

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: April 09, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »

Phil made some of his best work on here between the official announcement of a release date for TSS and it's it's eventual release..

Now that we have that for MIC I'm excited to see what he has in store for the next few months.

I'll give you my best efforts, but remember, though I may have named "The Wall of Secrecy", credit must go to Brother Records, Inc. & EMI-Capitol for inventing the wall.

Phil...you still haven't answered about how "Brian Wilson's career was ended after his Christmas album." I'd love to hear you explanation for that!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx