gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680955 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 10:43:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine says there's a BAD conflict w/Mike. Aka: The welcome back AGD thread  (Read 60166 times)
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 21, 2013, 05:15:12 AM »

If you've been around this board and those that came before it as long as I have, you'll know that Cam has his opinions, and I must say he certainly stands firm in his beliefs.  I tried to counter his position several years ago for a short time, but it is useless.  There were some very good discussions between him and Dan Lega years ago.  Any of you long-timers remember those exchanges?  Classic stuff.  Anyway, just as oldsurferdude is oldsurferdude, Cam is Cam and that is that. 

Okay, you all may resume your bickering now.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 21, 2013, 10:08:36 AM »

I agree with that. But I also actually post in the threads about the group's music. Unlike other posters who apparently don't have anything to contribute except when it comes to Mike being unfairly blamed for stuff in their opinion. Kinda like how Phil Cohen only popped up to complain about non-releases. Cam only pops up when it's about internecine squabbles. Weird.

There are some posters on this board who only come out to play when there's a thread on the subject of SMiLE. When there's a new fragment that's discovered or some other new revelation (i.e. Durrie acetates) or other issue, they come out of the woodwork. After the Smile Sessions came out, there was a lot of discussion about that subject from a lot of fans and particularly Smile-O-Philes, then after that, they went home! Didn't even see some of them come back to discuss the C50. It's like that's all there is to talk about with the Beach Boys legacy. Sure it was the pinnacle of their career, but there's been 50 years worth of music and other stuff to discuss, not just SMiLE! But everybody has their primary interests, I guess.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: August 21, 2013, 03:52:01 PM »

But everybody has their primary interests, I guess.

My primary interest is the music, irrespective of who may be performing it.

My secondary interest is trying as best I can to see this amazing music has a valid and accurate context.

My tertiary interest is weeding out trolls, liars, fantasists and the terminally blinkered. Gettin' there...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #328 on: August 21, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »

My secondary interest is trying as best I can to see this amazing music has a valid and accurate context.

My tertiary interest is weeding out trolls, liars, fantasists and the terminally blinkered. Gettin' there...

Cue little girl from Poltergeist

"He's ba-a-ck"
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 21, 2013, 04:04:26 PM »

Cue little girl from Poltergeist

"He's ba-a-ck"

LOL LOL LOL

( Shocked)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 21, 2013, 04:10:17 PM »

Andrew who?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 21, 2013, 04:13:48 PM »

'My solution' would be to allow Mike & Bruce to continue as The Beach Boys and for the BAD guys to continue as Animal Collective: The Prequel.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 21, 2013, 04:17:18 PM »

bah bah BAHHHHM !

Welcome back, stranger.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #333 on: August 21, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »

'My solution' would be to allow Mike & Bruce to continue as The Beach Boys and for the BAD guys to continue as Animal Collective: The Prequel.

I think Mike and Bruce should have the vowels, and Brian, Al and Dave have the consonants.

e ea os

Th Bch By

DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: August 21, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »

I must admit I thought this board was doomed without AGD.

WELCOME BACK !!!

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 21, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »

Welcome back ol' pal.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 21, 2013, 05:04:23 PM »

Great to se you back mate!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
MBE
« Reply #337 on: August 21, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »

Amen and good to see you back.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 21, 2013, 06:23:15 PM »

Welcome back, Andrew! And none to soon, either. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 21, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »

For each interest;  Beer Beer Beer

Welcome Back !
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 21, 2013, 07:00:47 PM »

Welcome back Andrew.  Have you had a listen to MIC?
oldsurferdude
« Reply #341 on: August 21, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »

Tertiary-a 2.00 word for third as in third point but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we have to use the 2.00 word to, COUGH (as he coined it), impress the masses. What a fine , upstanding police force we have in the agdster! police RTP(real troll protection).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:11:24 PM by oldsurferdude » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 21, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                 HEs BACK.........................................

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 21, 2013, 07:28:44 PM »

yup, my reaction exac.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 21, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »

Welcome back, AGD!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 21, 2013, 08:25:30 PM »

"My Solution"      
I awoke one morning about 3 am remembering a missing link to a formula I stumbled across a year before.
Suddenly I called my faithful dog to my side and from a batch produced a sample of the formula offering it to my dear pet.  Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:06 PM »

As Carl sang it so many years ago, Andrew...

It's about time!! King
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:39 PM »

Welcome back Andrew.  Have you had a listen to MIC?

Bored with it.  Wink

Thanks for the kind words of welcome: much appreciated. I see little has changed during my hiatus.

Also, having read the original post in this thread, reminds me of Alan's recent "explosive" interview in that once you read what was actually said, a huge damp squib. No-one's going to change the status quo at BRI unless they're seriously naive (and I'm pretty sure it would be very difficult in any event). As Sting put it, "money for nothing". The only band that could - and should - be allowed to promote itself as The Original Beach Boys toured last year... and the use of the word "original" grates in this context.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:44:12 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #348 on: August 22, 2013, 06:33:19 AM »

Have the band *ever* tried to actually bill themselves *collectively* as “The Original Beach Boys?” Not that I can remember. The C50 band didn’t even use this verbiage, Mike and Bruce don’t try to use it, nor did anybody in the “BAD” situation including Al ever say they wanted to collectively bill any grouping as “THE Original Beach Boys.”

It seems this is all simply about descriptors for individual members. Like if freaking David Marks toured with Ringo’s “All-Starr” Band or something, could he say he is/was an “Original Beach Boy?” The answer to me seems to be usually these guys can indeed bill themselves as such, unless that verbiage starts creeping into any band’s actual name.

Referencing it back to Al’s situation of the previous decade, it’s my belief that the lawsuits were over the “BBFF” name, but due to the various lawsuits and temporary injunctions and whatnot, and supposed/alleged “confusion” being created, there was a period of time in the early-mid 2000’s where Al was temporarily barred from even billing himself as a “Beach Boy” even in a descriptive sense. By the time I saw Al in a solo concert in 2005, Al had regained the ability to state that he, singly was a “Beach Boy” as evidenced by the comical way he signed one of the several items for me as “Beach Boy Al Jardine.”  LOL

The Beach Boys’ situation gets even more sketchy and confusing, because the “corporate” band is different from the “touring” band, so some members who have “left” or are no longer in the touring band are in one sense “former Beach Boys”, but also maintained a status as simply “Beach Boy” depending on how you define such. Brian and Al have never really been “former Beach Boys”, but because of how ALL of these guys have chosen to have a “license” to use the name that doesn’t match the actual members, you get weird conundrums like this.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:37:06 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: August 22, 2013, 08:05:24 AM »

Also, having read the original post in this thread, reminds me of Alan's recent "explosive" interview in that once you read what was actually said, a huge damp squib.

Yeah, it's almost as if somebody posted that faux tabloid headline phrasing as a joke and then said so several times in the thread or something!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx