gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680916 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 02:42:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love "Vibe Room" Q&A  (Read 55712 times)
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2015, 10:39:28 AM »

I prefer to think of myself as the Sarah Palin.

So you are an ideologist! So far I thought you were just someone with firm points of view. Cheesy

I meant I am hot and opinionated. Wink

Or it means you look like a tranny. Which is okay, to each his or her own.

I do enjoy throwing on a dress for the odd occasion. You know Halloween, Kiwanis skit, Say Yes To The Dress season premiere,...

Hey, me too. Doesn't seem fair that women can wear pants no problem but a man in a dress is still so taboo. I like a little breeze between the knees, y'know?

Nicko, do you honestly believe Mike would have answered the questions I laid out? I sure as hell don't. Maybe I should have tried regardless, and if he had just done it here I would have. I just didn't feel like wasting time to join some other forum I'll never visit to ask some questions that'd just get ignored anyway. Based on the fact that Mike seemed to stick to the old talking points I'd say I made the right call.

Well, for the sake of 5 minutes of your time, we and you will never know. Yeah, good call.
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2015, 01:25:42 PM »

I prefer to think of myself as the Sarah Palin.

So you are an ideologist! So far I thought you were just someone with firm points of view. Cheesy

I meant I am hot and opinionated. Wink

Or it means you look like a tranny. Which is okay, to each his or her own.

I do enjoy throwing on a dress for the odd occasion. You know Halloween, Kiwanis skit, Say Yes To The Dress season premiere,...

Hey, me too. Doesn't seem fair that women can wear pants no problem but a man in a dress is still so taboo. I like a little breeze between the knees, y'know?

Nicko, do you honestly believe Mike would have answered the questions I laid out? I sure as hell don't. Maybe I should have tried regardless, and if he had just done it here I would have. I just didn't feel like wasting time to join some other forum I'll never visit to ask some questions that'd just get ignored anyway. Based on the fact that Mike seemed to stick to the old talking points I'd say I made the right call.

Well, for the sake of 5 minutes of your time, we and you will never know. Yeah, good call.

I'll cry myself to sleep.

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2015, 01:58:37 PM »

There`s a very simple answer to that isn`t there. If you don`t think there is any chance Mike will ever answer a question that you would like to know the answer to then there is no point whatsoever in you ever reading or listening to an interview he ever gives again I would have thought.

Well, who would have thought he'd ever put photos of himself with a nude head on Facebook either? So maybe some day he will give interesting answers instead of avoiding answers to questions that he feels insecure about answering. There's hope! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Nicko1234
« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2015, 03:49:50 PM »

There`s a very simple answer to that isn`t there. If you don`t think there is any chance Mike will ever answer a question that you would like to know the answer to then there is no point whatsoever in you ever reading or listening to an interview he ever gives again I would have thought.

Well, who would have thought he'd ever put photos of himself with a nude head on Facebook either? So maybe some day he will give interesting answers instead of avoiding answers to questions that he feels insecure about answering. There's hope! Smiley

With regard to the Summer in Paradise and Pacific Ocean Blue questions, I think context is everything.

Mike answered the Summer in Paradise question recently and has said that he likes a lot of things they did on that album. Now I think the wording of this question would have set his (and probably everyone`s) bullsh!t detectors off. If he had compared the album favourably with any other Beach Boys album then is it possible to imagine him not getting stick?

He has also talked about Pacific Ocean Blue and said that he didn`t particularly like it.

The thing about this interview for me is that any Beach Boys fan ought to be able to think of a question for the guy who has been lead singer for the past 50+ years that he might conceivably answer. It is the easiest thing in the world for people to not bother for the two minutes it would have taken and then to complain about the results.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx