gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680955 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 12:20:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 2: Verizon Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX 4/26/12 (SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 87049 times)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 27, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »

They need to apply autotune to some of these jerk offs singing in the audience.  Evil

I'd prefer they all have mute buttons.

No, I'm not asking for somebody to send me mp3s of last night's show, I'm being a jackass.

No mas, por favor.
AlFall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 27, 2012, 02:42:03 PM »

OMG no one has ever sung as bad as the guy in the audience ever ever.

I don't hear Autotune-- I hear Brian singing his part in IMR just as he has at his solo gigs-- flat high D-sharps and all. But close enough to the truth to satisfy me...and much more human-sounding than the other night.

In My Room from last night with improved audio (no William Hung style audience singing): http://youtu.be/SgvetXf01q4
SG7
« Reply #202 on: April 27, 2012, 02:45:12 PM »

That is certainly a problem at all live shows (well except maybe classical?). My pet peeve is more people texting and talking the whole time rather than watching it. Ugh it's like if you are going to the text the whole night, why be there?
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 27, 2012, 02:58:51 PM »

That is certainly a problem at all live shows (well except maybe classical?). My pet peeve is more people texting and talking the whole time rather than watching it. Ugh it's like if you are going to the text the whole night, why be there?

I went to a performance of Carmina Burana where MANY in the audience sang all the way through LOUDLY and it was NOT billed as "sing along Carmina Burana".

Ugh!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2012, 03:06:22 PM »

Curious: do we have to wait for the entire tour to be over in order to put the Autotune issue completely to rest or is this going to be a show-by-show basis where recordings from each show will be sent to the lab for further analysis?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 03:07:41 PM by Justin » Logged
SG7
« Reply #205 on: April 27, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »

Honestly the less arguements about autotune and posts for PM's the better. Don't clutter up the board with this nonsense!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2012, 03:10:30 PM »

That was much better AlFall. Thank you.  Smiley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2012, 03:11:30 PM »

Surfergirl, I got your PM, I tried to respond but I get an error message saying that you've blocked all PM's to you..weird.  Anyway...I'm down for the Bethlehem show...PM me your personal email and we'll talk through there.
SG7
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2012, 03:13:23 PM »

I think I may have pressed the wrong button or something along the way! Being here all these years will do that! Will do.
Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »

Well, I can hear autotune on the first "There's a world where"

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 27, 2012, 03:16:16 PM »

Curious: do we have to wait for the entire tour to be over in order to put the Autotune issue completely to rest or is this going to be a show-by-show basis where recordings from each show will be sent to the lab for further analysis?

The latter, I'm afraid.
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 27, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »

OMG no one has ever sung as bad as the guy in the audience ever ever.

I don't hear Autotune-- I hear Brian singing his part in IMR just as he has at his solo gigs-- flat high D-sharps and all. But close enough to the truth to satisfy me...and much more human-sounding than the other night.

In My Room from last night with improved audio (no William Hung style audience singing): http://youtu.be/SgvetXf01q4

So beautiful. Sounds about right there, doesn't it? Spot on, Boys.
Jason
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2012, 03:36:46 PM »

Honestly the less arguements about autotune and posts for PM's the better. Don't clutter up the board with this nonsense!

And how. Mods are watching out for all of the constant "PM" requests. If we have to ban people we will. Just FYI.
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »

Amen!
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2012, 04:12:09 PM »

From the comments on http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2012/04/the_beach_boys_-_verizon_theat.php

--------

Fred Vail 1 hour ago

I've read three reviews of the 50th Celebration--all are pretty much glowing. All have mentioned Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce and David. At least two have highlighted the band, including Jeffrey Foskett's key role on lead or background vocals. I look forward to seeing my old friends somewhere on the road this summer. Wish I had seen the kickoff in Tucson but this Verizon show sound equally successful.
I am truly blessed to have been a friend and associate of The Beach Boys for 49 of their 50 years. I promoted the very first show that featured them as 'headliners' in a large concert venue--the Sacramento Memorial Auditorium, May 24, 1963. I was invited to join their organization shortly after that show. I was 19. I am honored to have been with them when they wrote--and recorded--many of their classics, including "Fun, Fun, Fun," "Warmth of the Sun," "When I Grow Up To Be A Man," "Good Vibrations," and more than a few others. I have visited with all of them in the past few years--all three bands--Mike and Bruce, Al (along with Dean Torrence), and BW's band, featuring members of "The Wondermints."
I am so pleased that 'the boys' paid tribute to their fallen bandmates, Denny and Carl--my brothers-in-spirit for the majority of their lives. I miss them each and every day and it must have been an emoitonal moment to see pictures of DW and CW--along with their lead vocals--at the surviving BB's added their magical harmonies. The only thing that might have made it an even better evening--short of DW and CW being with us--would have been to include Dennis' son, Carl, and Carl's son, Justyn, on stage filling in for their Dads on drums and guitar!
I love that they included a few of the more obscure songs--"All This Is That" and "You're So Good To Me." I wish they'd included "Add Some Music To Your Day." It's message is as vibrant now, as when it was released in 1970 on their often overlooked album, "Sunflower." I know that this tour will bring a whole new generation to appreciate the 'boys of summer,' my friends from Hawthorne, California, the fabulous Beach Boys.
Fred Vail
Treasure Isle Recorders, Inc.
Nashville, TN -- Music City, USA
SG7
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2012, 04:15:39 PM »

Amen!

Your avatar is my favorite pic of them. Of ALL TIME! :D
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2012, 04:30:07 PM »

And how. Mods are watching out for all of the constant "PM" requests. If we have to ban people we will. Just FYI.
Autotune too, please. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2012, 04:33:51 PM »

Was this vid for "The Little Girl I Once Knew" already posted? 
If not:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4zBF5111HU
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2012, 04:39:06 PM »

Ha!  Funny to see Mike flub the "I don't know where but she sends me there"...  came in a little too early.  You almost never see him flub.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:47:01 PM by Justin » Logged
Phoenix
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »

Amen!

Your avatar is my favorite pic of them. Of ALL TIME!  Grin

Thanks!  And as a Monkees fan myself, I must compliment yours as well!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:47:33 PM by Phoenix » Logged
Tord
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2012, 05:42:56 PM »

24 seconds of "I Get Around":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h6y2RpsBls
freedomaspirer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »

Judging by what i'm seeing in the videos, they might be fiddling with the autotune switch, i suppose it depends on how Brian's performance is going on the night.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2012, 06:26:43 PM »

concerts where everyone is singing their lungs out and dancing having fun are the best concerts.  I HAAATE that i may have to deal with people wanting to sit down during the show.  i'm standing the whole freaking time. 
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2012, 06:30:21 PM »

Old people only stand for encores. We will yell at you to sit the fu*k down if you insist on standing for the whole freaking show. Wink Go For It!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:31:53 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,