gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680949 Posts in 27622 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 09, 2024, 05:41:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 211782 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 31, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »

Please tell me this stupid-looking frisbee won't be the box cover!

First off, I'm pretty sure that's a button, which would actually be pretty sweet. But anyways, it's pretty doubtful that the cover for the set would just be a plain orange cover with "Made in California" in yellow on it.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:20 PM »

I can't quite remember the name, (possibly Alan Boyd). Anyway it was posted on somebody working on the box set's facebook page.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 31, 2013, 11:45:49 PM »

It's on Mark London's Facebook page (that's where I went to link to this artwork in my earlier post in this very thread) but so is a lot more button artwork. There's no word on Mark's page that this is related to the box; "Made In California" isn't an exclusive phrase…

If Mark or Alan or Mark Linett would post to confirm this is part of the packaging that would be wonderful… but until then I'm gonna assume it's just a happy coincidence!

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #728 on: February 01, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »

Pretty sure Boyd was the OP for this.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 01, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »

It's on Mark London's Facebook page (that's where I went to link to this artwork in my earlier post in this very thread) but so is a lot more button artwork. There's no word on Mark's page that this is related to the box; "Made In California" isn't an exclusive phrase…

If Mark or Alan or Mark Linett would post to confirm this is part of the packaging that would be wonderful… but until then I'm gonna assume it's just a happy coincidence!

I kinda doubt that a button design featuring that title, with Smile-esque type, on Mark London's Facebook,would not be related to the box.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #730 on: February 01, 2013, 11:39:03 PM »

I REALLY hope they pull this boxset off and get it right!
I'm curious: obviously the surviving members represent themselves, and Carl is represented by his estate, so who officially represents Dennis? As in, who is there putting the case forward for Carry Me Home, say, and fighting his corner?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 02, 2013, 02:07:24 AM »

Pretty sure Boyd was the OP for this.

Can you recall where? Not finding it here or on his FB page.

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: February 04, 2013, 08:11:47 AM »

I REALLY hope they pull this boxset off and get it right!
I'm curious: obviously the surviving members represent themselves, and Carl is represented by his estate, so who officially represents Dennis? As in, who is there putting the case forward for Carry Me Home, say, and fighting his corner?

whoever wants to. I don't think there's a designated Dennis lobbyist or anything.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: February 04, 2013, 11:06:25 PM »

Dennis' corner is not going unargued. Rest assured on that.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 05, 2013, 12:01:28 AM »

… which rather implies that the track list of this box, which had originally been due weeks or even months ago, is still being fettled…

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 05, 2013, 12:08:33 AM »

… which rather implies that the track list of this box, which had originally been due weeks or even months ago, is still being fettled…

Yeah, there were some heavily attended big meetings in Munich and Berlin about this last weekend.

Oh no, wait, those were about the conflict in Syria, amongst other things.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 05, 2013, 02:29:04 AM »

I wonder what happened to those Carnegie Hall 1972 tapes. Would be a stunning live release.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 05, 2013, 02:42:32 AM »

I wonder what happened to those Carnegie Hall 1972 tapes. Would be a stunning live release.

They were burned. I am sure we can Googlarize an accompanying big fire in the vicinity of Carnegie Hall on that fateful day when the Boys did their thang there.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: February 05, 2013, 03:11:22 AM »

I'm sure it'll be in exceeding fine fettle when it's released.

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 05, 2013, 03:28:08 AM »

I'm sure it'll be in exceeding fine fettle when it's released.

Cheesy

Thus spoke the Man In The Know.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 05, 2013, 03:42:17 AM »

I think a full release of the Carnegie Hall performances would be a great idea.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 05, 2013, 03:49:58 AM »

From what was said – what, a couple of years back? – this may well be more a case of "when" than "if".

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 05, 2013, 04:53:22 AM »

From what was said – what, a couple of years back? – this may well be more a case of "when" than "if".

If, then I hope 'Wonderbill' will be omitted. That abomination is capable of turning what would otherwise be an excellent box set into a nightmare, for yours truly.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 05, 2013, 05:32:48 AM »

If, then I hope 'Wonderbill' will be omitted. That abomination is capable of turning what would otherwise be an excellent box set into a nightmare, for yours truly.

Nah then, me n' thee see eye to eye on many things, but I love Wonderbill. It was a good sign of the times, and the times was good.  I hope they omit nothing.

Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: February 05, 2013, 06:59:56 AM »

Nah then, me n' thee see eye to eye on many things, but I love Wonderbill. It was a good sign of the times, and the times was good.  I hope they omit nothing.

Agree.  I think "Wonderbill" is one of the highlights of that show.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 05, 2013, 07:14:44 AM »

I respectfully disagree. That chimera of a song makes a transition from the sublime to the atrociously plodding.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 05, 2013, 07:19:47 AM »

I respectfully disagree. That chimera of a song makes a transition from the sublime to the atrociously plodding.
I agree, the two songs don't fit at all. The medley also shows that the flame members didn't fit that well into the BBs.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: February 05, 2013, 08:31:55 AM »

We respectfully agree to respectfully disagree.

I agree, the two songs don't fit at all. The medley also shows that the flame members didn't fit that well into the BBs.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 05, 2013, 08:40:30 AM »

We respectfully agree to respectfully disagree.

With respect, I also respectfully agree to respectfully disagree respectfully.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 05, 2013, 08:51:32 AM »

Nah then, me n' thee see eye to eye on many things, but I love Wonderbill. It was a good sign of the times, and the times was good.  I hope they omit nothing.

Agree.  I think "Wonderbill" is one of the highlights of that show.

Revisionist BBs fan slop!  Great then, GREAT now!!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx