gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 01:38:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love on Love & Mercy: ‘Poor Brian, He’s Had a Rough, Rough Time’  (Read 127771 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 13, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

Just as the Four Seasons became Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and the Animals became Eric Burdon and the Animals, so should it have become Mike Love and the Beach Boys.

But you know what? Mike is too humble to put himself forward like that. (Do you know he once met Marlon Brando?)

Mike's all about the positivity. It always should have been Mike Love and the Beach Boys, but he's not about that life.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 13, 2015, 08:02:32 PM »

Without the Mike Love sound there'd be no Beach Boys.

Yeah, shame Brian, Carl, Al & Dennis were such lousy singers.  Shocked Shocked

Clearly they were. Riding on the coattails of Mr. Positivity. Mike Love and the four assholes. Remember it well.

Do we not speak of Bruce?

Bruce is Historical.

You misspelled what you meant to say. Mister mykestand is hysterical.  Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 13, 2015, 08:05:25 PM »

Clearly they were. Riding on the coattails of Mr. Positivity. Mike Love and the four assholes. Remember it well.

Bruce is Historical.

It won't adjust itself!

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 13, 2015, 08:12:32 PM »

You know, those in the industry were always advising him, "Mike, you should go solo, you could become the next Elvis". But our Mike was all, "I couldn't do that to the guys. And yeah maybe I'm loyal to a fault, but that's just who I am."
SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 13, 2015, 08:16:17 PM »

Roll Eyes Shocked Evil
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 13, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »

You know, those in the industry were always advising him, "Mike, you should go solo, you could become the next Elvis". But our Mike was all, "I couldn't do that to the guys. And yeah maybe I'm loyal to a fault, but that's just who I am."

When Elvis sat down for dinner he checked underneath his fried peanut butter and banana sandwich for the Lovester.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 13, 2015, 08:26:26 PM »

Bruce is Historical.

It won't adjust itself!

Br00th was never a well adjusted guy.  Cheesy

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 13, 2015, 08:28:47 PM »

Bruce is Historical.

It won't adjust itself!

Going public changes people.

clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 13, 2015, 08:36:07 PM »

Even today, promoters are always pressuring Mike to tour as a one-man act, just Mike and his wailing sax. But that's not the way Mike rolls -- too many other musicians depend on him for their livelihoods.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 13, 2015, 08:39:40 PM »

Even today, promoters are always pressuring Mike to tour as a one-man act, just Mike and his wailing sax. But that's not the way Mike rolls -- too many other musicians depend on him for their livelihoods.

Boots Randolph, Clarence Clemons...they all can't compare with the Honk of Love.

Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 13, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »

Boots Randolph, Clarence Clemons...they all can't compare with the Honk of Love.

Probably.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 13, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »

Bruce is Historical.

It won't adjust itself!

Going public changes people.

It does-makes them go from pants to shorts not to mention severe clapping.  Cool

clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 13, 2015, 09:02:26 PM »

Mike is really into Ornette Coleman-type free jazz. But there would be not only that, but Mike would also recite some of his poetry, tell some jokes, and top it all off with a little soft shoe. A full evening's entertainment.

Well, maybe someday. Fingers crossed.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 13, 2015, 09:06:14 PM »

Mike is really into Ornette Coleman-type free jazz. But there would be not only that, but Mike would also recite some of his poetry, tell some jokes, and top it all off with a little soft shoe. A full evening's entertainment.

Well, maybe someday. Fingers crossed.

A decade from now when the ironic hipster space age pop listeners look for more far out sounds, they'll find Mike's rare (250 copies) Honkin' With Love LP in a dustbin for 15 cents.

lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 13, 2015, 09:37:26 PM »

Just as the Four Seasons became Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and the Animals became Eric Burdon and the Animals, so should it have become Mike Love and the Beach Boys.

But you know what? Mike is too humble to put himself forward like that. (Do you know he once met Marlon Brando?)

No cuz he wasnt the sole lead vocalist. Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Steve Perry, Lou Gramm, Steven Tyler are the lead vocalists in there bands. So that would make sense to name the band with them as top billing. Diana Ross and the Supremes, Gary Puckett and Union Gap, Huey Lewis & The News, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

Mike Love & The Beach Boys...? Mmmm not feelin it
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 13, 2015, 09:39:37 PM »

No cuz he wasnt the sole lead vocalist. Jim Morrison, Robert Plant, Steve Perry, Lou Gramm, Steven Tyler are the lead vocalists in there bands. So that would make sense to name the band with them as top billing. Diana Ross and the Supremes, Gary Puckett and Union Gap, Huey Lewis & The News, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers.

They should have been Mike Love and the Four Assholes.

lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 13, 2015, 09:45:51 PM »

Hahaha like the four seasons.. The four aces.. The Four Freshmen.. The four assholes!
Although I don't think Alan, Brian, Carl & Dennis were assholes
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 09:47:26 PM by lostbeachboy » Logged
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 13, 2015, 10:04:28 PM »

Hahaha like the four seasons.. The four aces.. The Four Freshmen.. The four assholes!
Although I don't think Alan, Brian, Carl & Dennis were assholes

All the assholes were the ones not named Love. Smiley

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 13, 2015, 10:43:13 PM »

I have long advocated for the full-length ML sax album. Just solo sax though -- no other distracting instruments.
Komera
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 13, 2015, 11:15:38 PM »

I have long advocated for the full-length ML sax album. Just solo sax though -- no other distracting instruments.

Nay.  He plays more instruments.  He should solo the tambourine every third song.

~~ The MeAjur Komera Waddi ~~
rogerlancelot
« Reply #570 on: June 14, 2015, 12:10:58 AM »

Nay.  He plays more instruments.  He should solo the tambourine every third song.

Maybe a track of the "woo woo" machine?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #571 on: June 14, 2015, 12:21:00 AM »

That sounds dirty lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 14, 2015, 04:59:07 AM »

Back in the summer of 69 the billboard in Atlantic City advertised the show as "Carl Wilson and The Beach Boys".

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 14, 2015, 06:43:28 AM »

Bruce is Historical.
pistol whipping...

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 14, 2015, 08:06:28 AM »

The Historical Honkin' Down the Love Highway.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx