gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680984 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 02:17:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2014  (Read 150033 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 13, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »

I wonder why Mike and the others never invested in a good hair piece? Or is that just for old country and gospel singers?

Can you begin to imagine how badly Mike would be ridiculed if he ever sported a hairpiece? He'd never hear the end of it!

Grin
BillA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 13, 2014, 07:25:27 PM »

Do Mike & Bruce/ BRI still get paid if the concert is canceled due to weather?  

Many festival/outdoor venue contracts stipulate that if the show is canceled due to weather, and if the performer is present and ready to perform, the performer gets pain in full. Others will state that the event will be rescheduled with the artist.

The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra owns the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre (profits fund the orchestra).  It is a 12,000 seat venue that books a lot of major acts.  I went to an engagement where the keynote speaker was the ASO CFO.  He stated that for many acts the competition is so fierce that payment is guaranteed, even if the act itself cancels.

In 1974 Mike Love's concept album Endless Summer ignited a second generation of Beach Boys fans and stirred a comeback that rocked the music world.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 16, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »

Went to the M&B show last night was fantastic, also they added Keep An Eye On Summer to the set and it was fantastic! great lead by Jeff
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: August 16, 2014, 01:10:03 PM »

Keep an eye on summer is just one of the most beautiful songs th Beach Boys ever did! Great to see it getting some recognition

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »

I see Getcha Back was played at Newport, who took the lead?
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2014, 02:47:07 PM »

Mike sang it this afternoon in Webster, Mass. I loved hearing it, but it might have been the least tight song of the set.
baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2014, 03:07:36 PM »

Mike sang it this afternoon in Webster, Mass. I loved hearing it, but it might have been the least tight song of the set.
Any surprises in the set?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »

'Stolen' from Mike's Facebook page. Grin

baseball95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 17, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »

Pretty good set
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »

Saw M&B this afternoon at Indian Ranch in Webster MA. As far as M&B shows go, this one was the BEST one I've seen (seen M&B ten times). Wow!! Great Concert!! Scott Totten was kickin' some serious ass on the leads, and Jeff Foskett sounded incredible! I was lucky enough to meet Foskett after the show. What a great guy! He autographed my ticket stub and even told me that he liked my Pacific Ocean Blue T-Shirt. Thanks Jeff!! Also I picked up a copy of the Beach Boys On Tour 1966 book which Bruce Johnston autographed apparently a few minutes before I bought it. Score!! I gotta tell you guys, the band was incredible today! Mike Love (wearing a loud orange shirt and matching shoes) was spot on. Cowsill was a powerhouse! I haven't seen the Beach Boys since the 50th Reunion, and even though I knew I was going to have a good time I didn't know HOW GOOD OF A TIME I WAS GONNA HAVE! The band rocked harder than I was expecting them to. Ambah Love joined the band for Darlin which was really cool. Bruce was his usual self, clowning around and making us laugh. Good times all around! Now that I'm home and in my jammies I'm going to enjoy my On Tour 1966 book. Have a good night everybody!  Cool
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 06:44:12 PM by Mike Garneau » Logged

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2014, 07:04:18 PM »

That setlist ain't too shabby. It's at least better than Brian's. Mike seems to really love Goin' to the Beach so much that he plays it at every show but didn't release it in the 80's.  Cheesy

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2014, 09:30:32 PM »

That setlist ain't too shabby. It's at least better than Brian's. Mike seems to really love Goin' to the Beach so much that he plays it at every show but didn't release it in the 80's.  Cheesy

Yeah, it was a great set. Good To My Baby, Keep An Eye On Summer, Betsy, Kiss Me Baby and Getcha Back were nice surprises. I could have done without Surf City, but all in all, it was a great show. Watching Mike, it looks like he could do this for another 10 years.

Al's name wasn't mentioned at all. The only time they mentioned Brian was when Bruce intro'd Foskett, saying the Beach Boys got him back from Brian's band. Bruce mentioned Carl a couple times before and after singing God Only Knows. When Bruce went into "Do You Wanna Dance," he yelled out "Dennis Wilson!"

Foskett adds a great voice and some needed history to the touring band. Scott's an incredible guitarist and sounded great vocally on Betsy, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Fools and Sloop. Cowsill's a fantastic drummer and took leads on Rhonda and California Dreamin. Blends really well in the vocal mix overall. Randall took lead on When I Grow Up, which fits his voice very well.

Bruce had leads on Summer Means Fun, God Only Knows and Do You Wanna Dance, and he took Brian's lead on Surfer Girl.

If there's one corny thing I could do without (I've accepted "rev up the hot rods one more time" and Mike's "wheeeeeeeeeeen," it would be Scott playing guitar over a random girl during Barbara Ann.)

The crowd, which was older, in general, was really into the show. I think the band really shines on some of the older songs. The car medley at the end is so tight.

I think the audience was a little hesitant when Ambha was called to the stage, but as soon as she started singing, they were clearly impressed. I thought she sounded great on Darlin'.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2014, 09:32:31 PM »

Saw M&B this afternoon at Indian Ranch in Webster MA. As far as M&B shows go, this one was the BEST one I've seen (seen M&B ten times). Wow!! Great Concert!! Scott Totten was kickin' some serious ass on the leads, and Jeff Foskett sounded incredible! I was lucky enough to meet Foskett after the show. What a great guy! He autographed my ticket stub and even told me that he liked my Pacific Ocean Blue T-Shirt. Thanks Jeff!! Also I picked up a copy of the Beach Boys On Tour 1966 book which Bruce Johnston autographed apparently a few minutes before I bought it. Score!! I gotta tell you guys, the band was incredible today! Mike Love (wearing a loud orange shirt and matching shoes) was spot on. Cowsill was a powerhouse! I haven't seen the Beach Boys since the 50th Reunion, and even though I knew I was going to have a good time I didn't know HOW GOOD OF A TIME I WAS GONNA HAVE! The band rocked harder than I was expecting them to. Ambah Love joined the band for Darlin which was really cool. Bruce was his usual self, clowning around and making us laugh. Good times all around! Now that I'm home and in my jammies I'm going to enjoy my On Tour 1966 book. Have a good night everybody!  Cool

Where'd ya get the Pacific Ocean Blue t-shirt? 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »

Here's some:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/291122779693       

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
halblaineisgood
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2014, 10:17:32 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:11:20 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2014, 10:39:44 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:10:47 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2014, 11:26:11 PM »

If there's one corny thing I could do without... it would be Scott playing guitar over a random girl during Barbara Ann.)

That would very possibly be his random wife.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 18, 2014, 05:31:41 AM »

Why do they have the keys next to some of the  songs? Would Jeff accidentally play them in the old Brian Wilson band keys ? Are they based on Mike's relative vocal range for that particular day ?

Mike's daughter probably sings Darlin' in a different key than Cowsill.
Orange Crate Art
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 18, 2014, 05:43:08 AM »

I don't remember the seller but I bought it on the internet around six years ago.

Hey did you hear that George fell into his French horn?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 18, 2014, 05:48:56 AM »

I don't remember the seller but I bought it on the internet around six years ago.
I was looking for one myself a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/DENNIS-WILSON-T-SHIRT-Beach-Boys-Pacific-Ocean-Gene-Clark-Big-Star-Neil-Young-/291122779693?pt=UK_Men_s_T_Shirts&var=&hash=item43c845162d
thechaplin
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 18, 2014, 08:35:28 AM »

It was not the Mike and Bruce show when I saw them in Georgia last month. It was the Mile, Bruce, and Uncle Jesse show. And let me tell you. I've never seen so many females, from late teens to post-menopausal go nuts for a man like they did Stamos.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 18, 2014, 02:47:30 PM »

If there's one corny thing I could do without... it would be Scott playing guitar over a random girl during Barbara Ann.)

That would very possibly be his random wife.  Smiley

It was a different woman than this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGOaBOoD7NI
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »

Why do they have the keys next to some of the  songs? Would Jeff accidentally play them in the old Brian Wilson band keys ? Are they based on Mike's relative vocal range for that particular day ?

Mike's daughter probably sings Darlin' in a different key than Cowsill.

I asked a band member about the written out keys once, and he said that historically there'd been some screwups (my word, not his) regarding those particular songs. Therefore, they are always written out. Re: Darlin', I'd say RubberSoul is right

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 19, 2014, 12:50:52 PM »

Here are some videos from Webster:

Ambha Love on "Darlin": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJXkBT9PJ9k
Car Medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZsMgePpQIM
Dance, Dance, Dance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U1P1tEvp2I
Bruce on God Only Knows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crIdm_b7ZvA
Why Do Fools Fall In Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZfkqTforE
First 15 minutes of the set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0NzyNa2hcw
Betsy + Car Medley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0Nj50Ly5S0
Mayoman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2014, 01:06:59 PM »

Here's some soundcheck slips from June that I haven't seen posted:

Disney Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ztBiMQQnTM&list=UUNxn7DKpUfHX8kUO_QE7UTw
Please Let Me Wonder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWI6aaWqBgk&list=UUNxn7DKpUfHX8kUO_QE7UTw
Kiss Me Baby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iAwRYL72RE&list=UUNxn7DKpUfHX8kUO_QE7UTw&index=4
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx