gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680957 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 02:11:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson Clues  (Read 8286 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2016, 01:41:29 PM »

I found something.  When Dennis Wilson Drowned something happened.  First read this first Sheriff's deputies said he had spent much of the afternoon on a yacht, The Emerald, berthed at the marina. They said he was diving and swimming near the boat with its owner and two young women.

According to the authorities, he dived into the water from a slip beside the boat about 4:25 P.M. but did not surface. After waitng a few minutes, his friends called the Harbor Patrol and lifeguards. No Foul Play Is Seen

Sheriff's Department homicide inspectors were called to the scene, but spokesmen said there was no reason to suspect that the death was not an accident. Spokesmen said there was no immediate reason to suspect that drugs or alcohol was involved in his death.   If he was good at swimming and going Surfing how could he drown?  Again something happened. Him.  I mean did he hit the Boat with his head or banged his head on a Rock? 

I had a fast Life
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 01:54:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure he hit his head on a rock...

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 01:55:43 PM »

There are people who feel that when he was down there, he decided enough was enough. I'm one of them.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 01:56:32 PM »

In a man made marina ?

You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 02:25:59 PM »

In a man made marina ?

Ack, I forgot about that.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Fire Wind
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »

There are people who feel that when he was down there, he decided enough was enough. I'm one of them.

Can one decide enough is enough and simply drown without the body panicking and making you head to the surface?

Other than that, did I read somewhere he might have hit his head on the boat or the motor blade or something when trying to surface?

I still can taste the ocean breeze...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »

The searchers found him curled up on the marina floor under The Emerald, calm expression.

Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 02:52:05 PM »

I remember reading it was cold enough water to freeze and he had been drinking enough to not notice. I've also read that freezing to death is a slow, slowly feeling drowsy and shutting down process.
ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »

I suspect this is accurate. I think he was just. plain. tired.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 03:23:20 PM »

As recounted in Scott Wilson's "Son of a Beach Boy," Dennis told his son that he had seen a doctor who told him that his liver was shot and that he was dying.
Perhaps in that water he experienced some difficulty and decided that he didn't want to fight it, and just let go.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »

There is something called "shallow water blackout" caused by hyperventilation which sounds very much like what happened to Dennis. My own opinion was that it was an accident that alcohol  played a part in. I don't buy the theory that Dennis just gave up, as tragically romantic as that may sound.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 04:25:40 PM »

^ +1

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2016, 04:53:11 PM »

There is something called "shallow water blackout" caused by hyperventilation which sounds very much like what happened to Dennis. My own opinion was that it was an accident that alcohol  played a part in. I don't buy the theory that Dennis just gave up, as tragically romantic as that may sound.

I don't find it romantic, although it may seem so from my statement above. The cold water, multiple dives, and hypothermia no doubt played a part. IIRC, there was no indication that he'd hit his head according the autopsy?  Maybe I've just been around long enough to know that sometimes people are just done. It's not an active choice, just a sort of..ok.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2016, 10:14:48 PM »

I remember reading it was cold enough water to freeze and he had been drinking enough to not notice. I've also read that freezing to death is a slow, slowly feeling drowsy and shutting down process.

The water temperature was 58f/14c. Cold, chilling even, but far from freezing.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 10:24:12 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2016, 10:16:32 PM »

As recounted in Scott Wilson's "Son of a Beach Boy," Dennis told his son that he had seen a doctor who told him that his liver was shot and that he was dying.
Perhaps in that water he experienced some difficulty and decided that he didn't want to fight it, and just let go.

No mention of that in the autopsy.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 10:21:20 PM »

Dennis was homeless, penniless and was kicked out of the band he loved, and helped form, three months previously. He was finding items he'd thrown overboard from The Harmony when it was docked where he was diving. Hardly a positive mindset. I'm not saying his was a concious act, that he was diving with that intent, rather that he just wanted a rest.

ReggieDunbar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 01:23:25 AM »

From the book "Coroner at Large".

The pine-scented air smells so good in the snow, in our toboggan well go
screaming down the mountainside. The touch of your cheeks when theyre rosy and cold, feels so cozy to hold. Just to take you close and make you warm and...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 02:14:04 AM »

Were that the case he would have struggled to surface, not curled up on the bottom.

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 02:30:31 AM »

Were that the case he would have struggled to surface, not curled up on the bottom.

Maybe I'm being naive.  How could someone just choose to sit on the bottom and drown?  If you try it the next time you are in the water you would find how difficult it is to curl up at the bottom without floating back up.

Then there is the body's natural reaction to scramble for air and try to get to the top.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe Dennis just 'gave up'.  The eyewitnesses said he was in good spirits that day.  He had overcome far worse than his financial problems at the time and losing the boat.  It was a tragic drowning accident.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 02:44:32 AM »

well said dude.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 02:59:18 AM »

Maybe I'm being naive.  How could someone just choose to sit on the bottom and drown?  If you try it the next time you are in the water you would find how difficult it is to curl up at the bottom without floating back up.

But that's exactly what happened.

Then there is the body's natural reaction to scramble for air and try to get to the top.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe Dennis just 'gave up'.  The eyewitnesses said he was in good spirits that day.  He had overcome far worse than his financial problems at the time and losing the boat.  It was a tragic drowning accident.

If Scott's claim is true, and Dennis had been told he was dying... you see where I'm headed. The recovery team know what drowning victims look like after they've struggling for life, and Dennis didn't show those signs. He just... let go.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:00:24 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 03:00:59 AM »

Maybe I'm being naive.  How could someone just choose to sit on the bottom and drown?  If you try it the next time you are in the water you would find how difficult it is to curl up at the bottom without floating back up.

I'm sorry but I find it hard to believe Dennis just 'gave up'.  The eyewitnesses said he was in good spirits that day.  He had overcome far worse than his financial problems at the time and losing the boat.  It was a tragic drowning accident.

He was found underneath the boat. The boat would, presumably, have stopped him surfacing if he was under it. I don't like to speculate on what happened, but being under, rather than near, the boat, does change the logistics of things, whether deliberate (choosing to be under the boat so he wouldn't come up) or accidental (being under the boat when he ran out of air, unable to surface because the boat was in the way).

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 06:59:00 AM »

He was also going back and forth to the boat his acquaintance/friend took him out in. Sorry, but I don't think for a minute something caused him to just say....heck...I'm done...and just decide to drown himself with his pal waiting for him in the boat above. That's way to far of a stretch. As far as being curled up here or there or whatever...there are likely many, many variables that would explain the state of a corpse in cold murky water.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 07:08:10 AM »

The water temperature was 58f/14c. Cold, chilling even, but far from freezing.
I shouldn't have used the term 'freeze' I suppose, because people confuse that with the freezing temperature of water, but the freezing temperature for humans in water is about 70 degrees Fahrenheit.
http://www.ussartf.org/cold_water_survival.htm
One can easily freeze in water that's 58 degrees. Surrounded by that temp for as long as he was diving will bring your body temp way down.
http://www.gslmarina.com/HypothermiaChart/tabid/82/Default.aspx
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 07:11:25 AM by Emily » Logged
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2016, 07:34:40 AM »

He was also going back and forth to the boat his acquaintance/friend took him out in.

Not sure what you're saying here - The Emerald was moored in the marina, not under way or out at sea.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx