gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680887 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 03, 2024, 01:47:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rocky Pamplin book about The Beach Boys?  (Read 494833 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 19, 2016, 11:03:34 AM »

Well said Addsome.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 19, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »

Smiley  To the Smile Readers, It's really too bad when an "Angry Half Dozen," who actually THINK that they LOVE BRIAN don't even bother to ask..."WHAT HAPPENS TO BRIAN" when he gets on a plane with a COMPLETE STRANGER, going to Minnesota, in the dead of winter... "BAREFOOT"! The same "Angry Half Dozen" who have persuaded me "NOT TO REVEAL" what happens to Brian? The "Angry Half Dozen" who don't even know WHAT their ANGRY about?... IS IT?... the fact that Brian's wife Marilym, Brian's cousins Stephen and Stan, and a bodyguard named Rocky are TRYING THEIR DAMNDEST to keep "ALCOHOL and  DRUGS OUT OF BRIAN'S LIFE"?... to "PROTECT" Brian from Dennis and his "COCAINE and Heroin"?... trying to "PROTECT" Brian from STRANGERS buying him DRINKS and a TICKET to Minnesota?... trying to "PROTECT" Brian from "HIMSELF"... who has no regard for his OWN PERSONAL SAFETY?... who only wants to get DRUNK and do COCAINE and HEROIN?   Well... I CAN SURE SEE WHY YOUR ANGRY!!! Why don't we just let Brian "KILL HIMSELF" it that's what he wants to do?... and the "ANGRY HALF DOZEN" can just "DEBATE" (until the cows come home) IF BRIAN WAS "REALLY" TRYING TO KILL HIMSELF........ OR NOT? (I mean if he just "OVERDOSES" and "DIES" does that "COUNT" TECHNICALLY)? What do the other 35,000 reads think... Oh... forgive me... the other 37,000 reads (It was a three day weekend). WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THE "angry half  dozen"Huh   Because I'm "OUT" until you try to "REHABILITATE" them!!!   I'm just a "DUMMY TRAIN WRECK" being insulted by LITERARY EXPERTS.. PUBLISHING LAWYERS... PHYCIATRISTS... PROFESSORS... NOBEL AUTHORS... and the "MOST OPINIONATED" lovers of Brian on the planet!  Smiley    Smiley    Smiley   If I only "add some" brains...I could get back to Kansas!
Hi Rocky,
This story's been told before, so there's not much suspense. A couple of questions:
 If you were trying to keep alcohol out of Brian Wilson's life, why did you drink beers with him, as you related in an earlier anecdote?
 And if you love Brian Wilson, why are you willing to humiliate him by saying the things you are saying and by planning to publish it?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 19, 2016, 11:52:17 AM »

We have had so many muso's pass away of late that the thought of hearing the finer details of a survivor's worst years just doesn't do it for me.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 19, 2016, 12:46:36 PM »

I could get back to Kansas!

Rocky, I know you're kidding but if you ever are in Kansas, Private Message me on here and I'll take you lunch.  Probably BBQ.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 19, 2016, 12:48:07 PM »

Smiley   Emily, I have never told this story before! And as for the beers... I was no longer WORKING for Brian... it had been six months since I had seen or heard from Brian... and HE CALLED ME wanting me to come over and "HANG OUT" with him! We were just buddies from then on. And for the "RECORD" I had three beers with Brian...THAT ONE TIME! And never again because I didn't feel right about it. Not that i have to justify anything to you or the "angry half dozen" How many times has Brian called "YOU"... and wanted "YOU" to come over and "HANG OUT" with him!    Emily... the ever LOST... "Mother Hen" and her mindless chickens... her "angry half dozen" ! You should be so proud of yourself... doing nothing with your life but sitting around and reading "SMILE" a web site about MY BOOK... "WIPEOUT" (soon to be Published)   Why don't you try writing your own "MEMOIR".... OH... that's right... no one would read it... your life has been so exciting!   No matter how many times you "POST" (which are more than all the rest put together) "YOUR STILL JUST YOU EMILY!!! KEEP CLUCKING  Smiley Smiley Smiley   AND AS FAR AS THE REST OF THE "angry half dozen" GO.... WHY DON'T YOU JUST  "GO"  AWAY!  I don't need ya... nor do the other 37,000 + READS.   I'll be over 40,000 reads by the end of the week... and then 50,000...      I'll be signing a contract with a LITERARY AGENT in the next week or two...( I already have one offer to sign now)... but I'm waiting to see what "CREATIVE ARTIST AGENTS" have to say.! THEIR READING MY TREATMENT for "WIPEOUT" "NOW"! So for the "angry half dozen"  KEEP "WANKING" Smiley  While  my reads keep "CLIMBING" Smiley     Smiley     Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:56:47 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: January 19, 2016, 12:57:36 PM »

Smiley   Cam Mott,... Thank You for your generous offer... I do enjoy good BB'Q. I'll probably be in Kansas on a BOOK SIGNING TOUR! See you then Cam... We will Post the WANKERS ... still back in "PODUNK"  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 12:59:42 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 19, 2016, 01:32:01 PM »

I wanna know what happened with the plane to Milkwaukee, dammit!  Grin
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 19, 2016, 02:53:14 PM »

Smiley Marcella,   What happens to "BRIAN"?  (very good question)...he's on a plane going to Minnesota, in the "DEAD OF WINTER"... "BAREFOOT",that is the "MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION"! But unfortunately the "angry half dozen," who don't really LOVE Brian,... hell... they have not even bothered to "ASK" "WHAT HAPPENS TO BRIAN!!! At least YOU have...BLESS YOUR HEART Marsella! They have RUINED  IT... for everyone... all of the other 37,000 + "INQUIRING MINDS"   The "angry half dozen" have persuaded me "NOT TO REVEAL" what happens to Brian who has slipped out of our Airport Hotel suite, in Chicago, and has got some "fan", (who also thinks he LOVES Brian), to buy him DRINKS in the bar... and has decided to buy Brian a one way ticket to THE LAND OF SNOW so he can show off, to his friends, the CELEBRITY he bought DRINKS for and was FOOLISH enough to get on a plane with a COMPLETE STRANGER... BAREFOOT! I don't know...call me CRAZY... but does that sound CRAZY to you? I also don't know who's CRAZIER ... the guy buying the DRINKS?... or Brian?... or the people who don't even "ASK" WHAT HAPPENS TO BRIAN? Does he get FROSTBITE?... does he get DRUGS and OVERDOSE?... does he ever get BACK HOME?... "SAFE"!!! I guess you"ll never know... unless you do what the "angry half dozen" critisise me for... READ THE BOOK I'VE WRITTEN!(when it comes out) I just can't bring myself to share the outcome of this highly PERILOUS SITUATION with a bunch of WANKERS who don't even bother to inquire about Brian...IN SUCH A DANGEROUS PREDICAMENT (the person they are all so PROTECTIVE of and CLAIM THEY LOVE SO DEARLY) but do nothing but INSULT ME... someone who is trying with his HEART and SOUL to KEEP ALCOHOL and DRUGS out of Brian's LIFE! TRYING TO SAVE BRIAN OVER and OVER! Even trying to SAVE BRIAN FROM HIMSELF! My book "WIPEOUT" is filled with SCENARIOS of DANGER and GOOD  TIMES...LAUGHTER and TEARS and reams of PERSONAL"INSIDER" INFO you've never heard before... STUFF that will make THE HAIR ON THE BACK OF YOUR NECK STAND UP!   How "DARE" I write a book about such things...I'm just a sleazy OPPORTUNIST...(who can't spell... can't write... can't speak English... and is just a DUMMY TRAIN WRECK waiting to happen... and they can't STOP READING ME!!!   I'm not only gonna get PUBLISHED... but I already have the Producer who's going to make the MOVIE... "WIPEOUT"!!! Smiley  Smiley  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:03:08 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 19, 2016, 06:22:57 PM »

Hi Rocky,
I don’t expect you ever planned to deliver on your dangling anecdotes because this is your strategy to sell your book, but it’s right on par that you are trying to sow discord among posters here by accusing some of “ruining” it for others.
Regarding the number of reads on this thread, you’ve posted 50+ times. So if each person only opened the thread once for each time you posted, that’s less than 800 people reading the thread. If you consider that the readers are opening the thread to read other peoples’ posts as well, it probably ends up at less than 400 people reading the thread. So don’t get too excited.
I’ve noticed that when you feel insulted your response is pretty consistently “what have you done?” which of course leads others to think, “what really has Rocky done?”
You obviously didn’t get a proper primary school education but seem to have slipped through college due to football, at which you were not good enough to have a successful career. Since then, you’ve worked briefly as paid muscle then as a model. You express yourself like a hackneyed cartoon character. “I GOT YOUR MOTIVATION RIGHT HERE” – it’s like a parody of a 1930s movie thug.
Stephen Love received an mba at a second-tier program then got a nepotistic job in which he was obviously over-paid, then did what for the rest of his life? Surfed? He is morally bankrupt enough to support the physical assaults of two of his cousins and the imprisonment of his third out of greed. He has now, according to you, edited a book that trashes his brother and his cousins, two of which you claim you both “love.”
Regarding Hamady: I don't know where you get your information regarding entrance to the AMPAS, but I think it's incorrect regarding qualifying to be a member of the Producer's branch. You do not have to have worked on two (or even one) movie that has won an Academy Award. You only have to have received two valid producer credits without any awards:
http://www.oscars.org/about/branch-requirements/producers
Also, Mr. Hamady’s imdb listing does not appear to be very illustrious. In fact, it’s kind of embarrassing. I hope it is not he who plans to produce a film of your movie:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0357281/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_15
I don't know if he oversold himself to you or if you are overselling him to us.
People on this board have higher degrees from better schools than Stephen Love’s; they’ve written useful books of high quality that are actually based on research, not the memoirs of a functionally illiterate thug; they’ve written, performed, produced, engineered beautiful music; they’ve committed substantial time, some their entire careers, to helping others overcome personal challenges. They’ve actually contributed to the world in a positive way.
I am an underachiever it’s true, but I spent some time in the army, some time in the Peace Corps, and some time working on micro-financing in developing nations; other than that, I have a career that supports myself and my child and does not depend on selling-out or mooching off my friends and family. More to the point, I’ve known many people with much more impressive credentials than you and your very small cabal – my father was an Ivy League professor who wrote a classic macroeconomics text and led the international research division of the NBER; my godfather’s won a Nobel Prize; my stepmother was the Finance Minister of a European country. My siblings are professionals who have done very well so far in their fields without relying on nepotism. So I don’t shake in my boots from associating with a model, no.
So Rocky Pamplin, a model, thug, and mercenary with a surfer as an editor and a failed producer as a manager thinks he’s superior to others? What have you done that’s been a positive contribution to the world?
To others on this board who are all excited about hearing more dirt, sorry if I’ve spoiled that, but really, these are teasers, can’t you tell?

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 19, 2016, 06:29:29 PM »

Emily...I'll take a book from you over Rocky's any day. Well said!
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 19, 2016, 06:30:53 PM »

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, Emily. I'm impressed. Kudos. Well said.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
The_Holy_Bee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 19, 2016, 06:40:41 PM »

Bravo, Emily.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 19, 2016, 06:45:54 PM »

Hi Rocky,
I don’t expect you ever planned to deliver on your dangling anecdotes because this is your strategy to sell your book, but it’s right on par that you are trying to sow discord among posters here by accusing some of “ruining” it for others.
Regarding the number of reads on this thread, you’ve posted 50+ times. So if each person only opened the thread once for each time you posted, that’s less than 800 people reading the thread. If you consider that the readers are opening the thread to read other peoples’ posts as well, it probably ends up at less than 400 people reading the thread. So don’t get too excited.
I’ve noticed that when you feel insulted your response is pretty consistently “what have you done?” which of course leads others to think, “what really has Rocky done?”
You obviously didn’t get a proper primary school education but seem to have slipped through college due to football, at which you were not good enough to have a successful career. Since then, you’ve worked briefly as paid muscle then as a model. You express yourself like a hackneyed cartoon character. “I GOT YOUR MOTIVATION RIGHT HERE” – it’s like a parody of a 1930s movie thug.
Stephen Love received an mba at a second-tier program then got a nepotistic job in which he was obviously over-paid, then did what for the rest of his life? Surfed? He is morally bankrupt enough to support the physical assaults of two of his cousins and the imprisonment of his third out of greed. He has now, according to you, edited a book that trashes his brother and his cousins, two of which you claim you both “love.”
Regarding Hamady: I don't know where you get your information regarding entrance to the AMPAS, but I think it's incorrect regarding qualifying to be a member of the Producer's branch. You do not have to have worked on two (or even one) movie that has won an Academy Award. You only have to have received two valid producer credits without any awards:
http://www.oscars.org/about/branch-requirements/producers
Also, Mr. Hamady’s imdb listing does not appear to be very illustrious. In fact, it’s kind of embarrassing. I hope it is not he who plans to produce a film of your movie:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0357281/?ref_=fn_nm_nm_15
I don't know if he oversold himself to you or if you are overselling him to us.
People on this board have higher degrees from better schools than Stephen Love’s; they’ve written useful books of high quality that are actually based on research, not the memoirs of a functionally illiterate thug; they’ve written, performed, produced, engineered beautiful music; they’ve committed substantial time, some their entire careers, to helping others overcome personal challenges. They’ve actually contributed to the world in a positive way.
I am an underachiever it’s true, but I spent some time in the army, some time in the Peace Corps, and some time working on micro-financing in developing nations; other than that, I have a career that supports myself and my child and does not depend on selling-out or mooching off my friends and family. More to the point, I’ve known many people with much more impressive credentials than you and your very small cabal – my father was an Ivy League professor who wrote a classic macroeconomics text and led the international research division of the NBER; my godfather’s won a Nobel Prize; my stepmother was the Finance Minister of a European country. My siblings are professionals who have done very well so far in their fields without relying on nepotism. So I don’t shake in my boots from associating with a model, no.
So Rocky Pamplin, a model, thug, and mercenary with a surfer as an editor and a failed producer as a manager thinks he’s superior to others? What have you done that’s been a positive contribution to the world?
To others on this board who are all excited about hearing more dirt, sorry if I’ve spoiled that, but really, these are teasers, can’t you tell?

May I just say, You rock, gal!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 19, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »

You go girl Emily! Bravo and well said! To add to your resume, being a good parent is one of the most important things we do as human beings!

Beating people up and being a spokesman for a product that kills millions is pathetiic to brag about! I have posted that Rocky seems to be a Sociopath. If nothing else, he is a total jackass! Posters have asked him dozens of questions that he has refused to answer. What we get is a demented rant  about a story we know the ending to (Brian is found safe and sound).

Good for him if he gets his book published. Though I expect no publisher is going to invest in anything more than an e-book.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 19, 2016, 07:53:47 PM »

Emily, great post and well thought out. Very readable too. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 19, 2016, 08:33:03 PM »

sorry rocky, it’s just me viewing it 35,000 times  Smokin

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 19, 2016, 08:51:48 PM »

You go girl Emily! Bravo and well said! To add to your resume, being a good parent is one of the most important things we do as human beings!

Beating people up and being a spokesman for a product that kills millions is pathetiic to brag about! I have posted that Rocky seems to be a Sociopath. If nothing else, he is a total jackass! Posters have asked him dozens of questions that he has refused to answer. What we get is a demented rant  about a story we know the ending to (Brian is found safe and sound).

Good for him if he gets his book published. Though I expect no publisher is going to invest in anything more than an e-book.

Well, in Rocky's defense, this board is chock full of a handful of people who also loooove to refuse answering questions posed to them in back-and-forth conversations. Maybe it's catchy.

I still am mighty curious to read his perspective.
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 19, 2016, 09:04:57 PM »

Smiley  To the Smile Readers, It's really too bad when an "Angry Half Dozen," who actually THINK that they LOVE BRIAN don't even bother to ask..."WHAT HAPPENS TO BRIAN" when he gets on a plane with a COMPLETE STRANGER, going to Minnesota, in the dead of winter... "BAREFOOT"! The same "Angry Half Dozen" who have persuaded me "NOT TO REVEAL" what happens to Brian? The "Angry Half Dozen" who don't even know WHAT their ANGRY about?... IS IT?... the fact that Brian's wife Marilym, Brian's cousins Stephen and Stan, and a bodyguard named Rocky are TRYING THEIR DAMNDEST to keep "ALCOHOL and  DRUGS OUT OF BRIAN'S LIFE"?... to "PROTECT" Brian from Dennis and his "COCAINE and Heroin"?... trying to "PROTECT" Brian from STRANGERS buying him DRINKS and a TICKET to Minnesota?... trying to "PROTECT" Brian from "HIMSELF"... who has no regard for his OWN PERSONAL SAFETY?... who only wants to get DRUNK and do COCAINE and HEROIN?   Well... I CAN SURE SEE WHY YOUR ANGRY!!! Why don't we just let Brian "KILL HIMSELF" it that's what he wants to do?... and the "ANGRY HALF DOZEN" can just "DEBATE" (until the cows come home) IF BRIAN WAS "REALLY" TRYING TO KILL HIMSELF........ OR NOT? (I mean if he just "OVERDOSES" and "DIES" does that "COUNT" TECHNICALLY)? What do the other 35,000 reads think... Oh... forgive me... the other 37,000 reads (It was a three day weekend). WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THE "angry half  dozen"Huh   Because I'm "OUT" until you try to "REHABILITATE" the HATERS!!!   I'm just a "DUMMY TRAIN WRECK" being insulted by LITERARY EXPERTS.. PUBLISHING LAWYERS... PHYCIATRISTS... PROFESSORS... NOBEL AUTHORS... and the "MOST OPINIONATED" lovers of Brian on the planet!  Smiley    Smiley    Smiley   If I only "add some" brains...I could get back to Kansas!

There are professionals in this world who would have performed the same function...protecting a mentally-disturbed patient from himself...without affording himself such luxuries as shtooping the guy's wife and trying to establish a recording career with his money and contacts.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 09:15:42 PM by John Malone » Logged
ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 19, 2016, 11:39:12 PM »

Effing righteous, Emily.

I think the anecdote about Brian befriending someone on a plane and going to Minnesota is in at least one of the books. Obviously, Brian got home and got shoes somehow.

Rocky, would you be willing to respond to this assertion in Heroes and Villains on pages 322-323 that after Marilyn fired you and Stan, you "'stopped seeing Marilyn that day.'" (Your words.)
Then on page 323:

But Rocky wouldn't leave it at that. For months to come Marilyn received obscene messages from Rocky on her answering machine, in which he called her a "kike" and a "Jew." "I told her everything I ever felt about her," he said.

What was that about?

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 20, 2016, 12:00:55 AM »

This thread just graduated!

“We live in divisive times.”
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2016, 01:04:49 AM »

https://youtu.be/MwPLQ43JVYU
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 01:08:34 AM by adamghost » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 20, 2016, 01:35:16 AM »

I wanna know what happened with the plane to Milkwaukee, dammit!  Grin

Not much.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1314&dat=19861020&id=nfFPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=hAgEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4060,2944680&hl=en
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 20, 2016, 03:01:09 AM »

Emily wins this thread, I think.
(Incidentally, I've seen estimates that the board has around 200 active users. There are seven hundred posts, give or take, on this thread, so that would only require fifty people to be reading every post to get to that 35,000 figure.
But Mr. Pamplin will, I think, be unshakeable in his delusions. I've dealt with people like him before. No doubt in two years he'll be back here crowing about how his book "Got to number one on Amazon!" (without mentioning that it was number one for the hours of midnight to one AM on the day of release, in the top 100 free-to-download Kindle ebooks in the Arts & Photography -> Music -> Musical Genres -> Rock category).
Frankly, I think Mr. Pamplin is to be pitied rather than anything else. It must be very hard being someone whose only feelings of self-worth are tied to physical attributes, when those attributes fade with age.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Pacific Ocean Blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 20, 2016, 03:52:19 AM »

The funny thing is Rocky needed help beating up a drugged up Dennis  Cheesy
Brians Sandbox
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 20, 2016, 03:56:15 AM »

Well he is getting a kicking here.
gfx