gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 11:56:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 211883 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 30, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

....That's when I called over Mike and told him he does great stuff, so why doesn't he give me hand? ....
[/i]

Oh my giddy aunt.  Shocked
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:35 AM »

Sounds like the spoken introduction for the upcoming unreleased classic-to-be Mike's Back.

"Teenage gambler, sitting in a rambler,
Listening to the radio,
And I'm,
Screaming at the dashboard,
Saying that it's fraud,
Guess I'm going back to court..."

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #702 on: January 30, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »

Quote from: SonoraDick on January 29, 2013, 09:45:20 PM
Could it be???

Initial post: Jan 6, 2013 12:24:03 PM PST
Philip A.Cohen says:

Mike Love is also responsible for the fact that the proposed 6-CD box set "Made in California" was never released. He is an incurable, greedy, anti-artistry, lawsuit-filing jerk & troublemaker, who has been responsible for many of the bad things that happened in Brian Wilson's life and The Beach Boys' career, most recently the derailing the Beach Boys reunion.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3TLRCFLV3ZQ4Z/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009KKLQVS&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

We'll maybe find out from the horse's mouth – if Billy ever chooses to release Phil!

I'm more likely to release demons from the gates of Hell than release Phil at the moment
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:39:58 AM by Ducks...yet ANOTHER white meat » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: January 30, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »

The mystical dimension in the released version just doesn't work for me, the lyrics feel overwrought and meaningless.

I think the unreleased lyrics are meaningless. That is, they're meaningless to me.

This is what it is…

… but, like the rest of the folks on this board, I don't know where to get it… it's a perplexing mystery.

No Dance, Dance, Dance either! Didn't they play that at all at Knebworth?! They didn't play it in Berlin either, the f***ing b*****ds! Roll Eyes

Still thanks a lot, John! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 30, 2013, 10:38:25 AM »

I was at that April 18, 1980 concert in Philadelphia. Brian participated very little, but he did request a song (to Mike) which they performed - "Long Tall Texan".  Shocked
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: January 30, 2013, 03:24:21 PM »

I was at that April 18, 1980 concert in Philadelphia. Brian participated very little, but he did request a song (to Mike) which they performed - "Long Tall Texan".  Shocked
Still, it was a great show, nonetheless. The Spectrum was rocking that night. I had my sister record the show from radio station WIOQ. I remember that a few songs were hard to hear the band singing from the audience singing along with them. One of my favorite Beach Boys concerts that I attended over the years.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:25:32 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #706 on: January 30, 2013, 11:30:12 PM »

Engineered by Steve Desper.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
EthanJames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 30, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »

Could it be???

Philip A.Cohen says:

Mike Love is also responsible for the fact that the proposed 6-CD box set "Made in California" was never released. He is an incurable, greedy, anti-artistry, lawsuit-filing jerk & troublemaker, who has been responsible for many of the bad things that happened in Brian Wilson's life and The Beach Boys' career, most recently the derailing the Beach Boys reunion.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3TLRCFLV3ZQ4Z/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009KKLQVS&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=#wasThisHelpful

We'll maybe find out from the horse's mouth – if Billy ever chooses to release Phil!

I'm more likely to release demons from the gates of Hell than release Phil at the moment
Agreed lol
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 11:39:02 PM by EthanJames » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 31, 2013, 12:42:26 AM »

Could it be???

Philip A.Cohen says:

Agreed lol

Phil's Phull of sh*t. He knows what he's stating as Phact isn't close to the truth – he just likes to antagonise Pholks and see them pull their hair out in despair.

Just sit back and enjoy his Phireworks, don't rise to it.

“We live in divisive times.”
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #709 on: January 31, 2013, 01:03:18 AM »

Could it be???

Philip A.Cohen says:

Agreed lol

Phil's Phull of sh*t. He knows what he's stating as Phact isn't close to the truth – he just likes to antagonise Pholks and see them pull their hair out in despair.

Phuck!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 31, 2013, 01:09:12 AM »

I like it. And you?

Imagine if something in good taste like this came out rather than cheezy surfboards or whatnot. I feel sadness in the inevitability that some form of bad taste will attach itself to the cover of MIC. 50 BO was evidence of that and it's still horrible to behold after 1/2 year....
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:13:46 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 31, 2013, 01:28:51 AM »

I like it. And you?

Imagine if something in good taste like this came out rather than cheezy surfboards or whatnot. I feel sadness in the inevitability that some form of bad taste will attach itself to the cover of MIC. 50 BO was evidence of that and it's still horrible to behold after 1/2 year....

Agree. I don't like the 'neon sign' BBs logo (present on 15BO and TWGMTR and other product) at all. And 50BO also.

This one's more pleasant to the eye, though  it's not perfect. The orange might be done differently, with a different typefont. But the impressionist painting of a California landscape is beautiful.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: January 31, 2013, 01:57:40 AM »

Could it be???

Philip A.Cohen says:

Agreed lol

Phuck!

Trying to teach Phil is phutile.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:45 AM »

Phil just wasn't made phor these times. He won't even 'get' Made In Caliphornia. He wrote a lot of phluphph on here.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 31, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »

I like it. And you?

Agree. I don't like the 'neon sign' BBs logo (present on 15BO and TWGMTR and other product) at all. And 50BO also.

This one's more pleasant to the eye, though  it's not perfect. The orange might be done differently, with a different typefont. But the impressionist painting of a California landscape is beautiful.

Not sure I like  the misappropriation of Van Gogh's style… though I do love the image! Appeal to the Spirit is my favourite BBs icon image and that whole first nations thing with Trader, Heroes, Lookin' Down the Coast… etc resonates very well… but it's such a small percentage of their output…

Expect surfboards… anything else is a bonus.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 31, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »

I like it. And you?

That is really beautiful

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 31, 2013, 07:08:41 AM »

You need the Stoneage Music release  Grin

What is that and where can I get it?

This is what it is…

… but, like the rest of the folks on this board, I don't know where to get it… it's a perplexing mystery.

hey john.....here's another one. different pics i see. but, unlike the one you don't know where to get, the extra philly stuff isn't on this one. and like you, i don't know where this is found or if it really exists. a perplexing mystery indeed!

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #717 on: January 31, 2013, 07:37:33 AM »

I like it. And you?

This one's more pleasant to the eye, though  it's not perfect. The orange might be done differently, with a different typefont. But the impressionist painting of a California landscape is beautiful.

Art's not my area of expertise, but I'm pretty sure that's of the plein air school, not impressionism.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 31, 2013, 07:47:02 AM »

^^ I got corrected by AGD!

One of the great honours in this world.

I will drink to that.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 31, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »

^^ I got corrected by AGD!

One of the great honours in this world.

I will drink to that.

And no open wounds! Result!

sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: January 31, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »

Is this a legit image of (part of) the MIC packaging?

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 31, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »

Yep!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 31, 2013, 05:07:49 PM »

Yep!

Source?

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »

Could it be???

Philip A.Cohen says:

Agreed lol

I dunno. I don't think he's intentionally trying to rile people up; people do a pretty good job of that themselves here.  I think he's just an obsessive compulsive who believes the sky is falling.  He's not happy unless he's paranoid about something.  But you're right in not rising to his nonsense; you're not going to get through to him.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #724 on: January 31, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »

Please tell me this stupid-looking frisbee won't be the box cover!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx