gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680986 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 01:43:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where is that %^&$@#&* MIC Box Set @#$%^&*(!!!  (Read 211857 times)
Gohi
« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »

Should be up to 10-20 discs by the time it's with us!

LOL

The dreamer side of me says these delays are because they decided to add in another disc or two and therefore they need to make according adjustments and/or additions to the booklet/liner notes and overall packaging.

The more realist side of me says this is all about approval. Not just approval of what tracks go on there but things like the look of the packaging, whats said in the booklet(s), and so on. I mean, for all we know one of the big reasons for the delay could be because Bruce Johnston hasn't gotten around to looking at his copy of the liner notes because he's too busy breaking television sets over Obama's re-election.  Evil No, I don't really think that's an actual possible reason.

Agree with that.  If there was substantial new material I'm sure we'd be looking at a second archive package much further down the line rather than augmenting what must already have been virtually in the can.

Also think it might auger well for a promotional tour by the revived band, assuming they're all still fit enough by Fall 2013.  Imagine a set list that kicks off with Beatrice From Baltimore, peaks with Lazy Lizzie and closes with an encore of Battle Hymn.

They're just as likely to all be dead by next September, as touring playing any of those songs
Wow, thanks for that.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: December 30, 2012, 12:47:31 PM »

I think they're more likely to be dead than to be playing any of those songs!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:21 AM »

Was MIC already issued and I missed it??

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 08, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Made-California-Limited-Beach-Boys/dp/B008XZKSRY/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1357674657&sr=1-2

Not yet.

“We live in divisive times.”
Paulos
« Reply #504 on: January 08, 2013, 11:53:54 AM »

'Fraid so, it was a run of only 2396 copies so looks like you missed out. It had WIBNTLA, California Feelin', the second movement of Surf's Up and a Bruce-produced disco versions of every Beach Boys song ever. It was alright.
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 08, 2013, 12:14:40 PM »

'Fraid so, it was a run of only 2396 copies so looks like you missed out.

Of course, compared to the limited run of the new Dylan box set, 2396 copies would be practically saturating the market.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »

Oh right.  This thing.  They're still doing this, huh?  Whatevs...
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 11, 2013, 02:32:36 AM »

'Fraid so, it was a run of only 2396 copies so looks like you missed out. It had WIBNTLA, California Feelin', the second movement of Surf's Up and a Bruce-produced disco versions of every Beach Boys song ever. It was alright.

LOL

I missed out on it too. But judging from your product description, I was right in investing in beer.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 11, 2013, 03:20:18 AM »

Phil said "It could have been better".

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 11, 2013, 03:42:54 AM »

Phil said "It could have been better".

You never know. Perhaps he's currently grooving to the Good Vibrations/Surf's Up/Kokomo disco mix. I hear it's a classic.

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #510 on: January 12, 2013, 03:14:35 AM »

As I'm told, Phil denies it ever came out.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 15, 2013, 04:17:06 PM »

So... Phil was right after all???

Tongue

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 15, 2013, 06:33:04 PM »

I had a thought today.

Maybe they are delaying the release of the box set till the next reunion tour this summer  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 15, 2013, 08:39:27 PM »

So... Phil was right after all???

Tongue

Gotta admit that it is a bit ridiculous that this was announced to be released in 2012, and then (I'm pretty sure) said to be coming "soon" in like August, and we still haven't heard any info. It's not so much that it hasn't come out yet that bugs me - because I'm willing to give the boys and Capitol as much time as they need to put together a great product - it's more the fact that maybe somebody from within the organization could let us know what the hold up is. I've seen things that hold up other groups archival releases, such as The Doors L.A. Woman box, but at least they had some kinda rep inform the fans that its not out because of "blah blah blah". I'd rather just hear the truth, then have false hope that it's coming out anytime soon.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #514 on: January 15, 2013, 10:36:59 PM »

I had a thought today.

Maybe they are delaying the release of the box set till the next reunion tour this summer  Grin

Gonna be a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait then.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 15, 2013, 11:40:48 PM »

If a tour's not on then what?

Waiting for the opportunity to release the box on the back of the publicity caused by another studio album?
Found sommat super-good in the vaults?
Mike's rewriting the sleeve notes?

And maybe no tour but, AGD, are special one-off gigs also written off?

“We live in divisive times.”
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 15, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »

I predict one or two stadium shows this summer.. Maybe a return to the Hollywood bowl.

Gonna be good!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: January 16, 2013, 12:21:04 AM »

Could the release of MiC follow the same pattern as that of the Pet Sounds Sessions set?

Booklet issues? Exerting influence on the biographical info?

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:25 AM »

Waiting for the opportunity to release the box on the back of the publicity caused by another studio album?

Mike's recording the vocals. Not just his vocals. Everyone's.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: January 16, 2013, 02:27:39 AM »

Mike's recording the vocals. Not just his vocals. Everyone's.

Yes. And to get those special '70s Brian and Dennis timbres, he is ingesting mountains of coke and booze at the mo, along with smoking 5 packs of Marlboros a day.

Allegedly.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 16, 2013, 02:38:21 AM »

"I'll show them who can party. Mike Love's still got it!"

He closed his eyes and snorted the line off the mixing board. The 70's he never knew. He regained his focus, strode confidently into the vocal booth, flipped the recording engineer off to show he was ready, and intoned huskily into the mic,

"Better Get Back In Bed, Take 4"

The next thing he knew, he was awoken abruptly. Rubbing his eyes, he took a moment to fully comprehend the pain that swept through his head. "I need a cup of coffee", he mumbled to no-one. He had no time to sleep it off, however, as the Chinese man clutching the assault rifle seemed to be in a hurry.

"Mr President, the rebels are storming the compound. The country has fallen. You need to take your cyanide capsule now, otherwise God knows what they'll do to you."

Mike stared dumbfoundedly.

"It's been a pleasure, Sir." Mike wished he hadn't seen the man, who seemed all of 20 years old, the age he was when he first hit the charts, splatter his brains over the wall. He was now alone.

Mike Love looked around. The brass band kept playing that mournful tune. Why was it snowing? It looked like the boxset would have to wait.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:39:55 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 16, 2013, 02:45:21 AM »

Hypehat, I see you have been working on your Mike Love novel "love of darkness" LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 16, 2013, 02:58:30 AM »

LOL

...for the above two comments.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 16, 2013, 03:46:20 AM »

So help me God, if I ever make a concerted effort to write Mike Love fan fiction I'll be the craziest SOB on this board.

*hides 300 pages worth of coffee and blood stained notes, detailing the fall and fall of Mike Love as he travels through his depraved opium visions*

Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 16, 2013, 04:26:55 AM »

So help me God, if I ever make a concerted effort to write Mike Love fan fiction I'll be the craziest SOB on this board.

*hides 300 pages worth of coffee and blood stained notes, detailing the fall and fall of Mike Love as he travels through his depraved opium visions*
LOL

Oh how I wish that you actually have that written down somewhere!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 53 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx