-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:34:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Pet Sounds Forum
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds Forum  (Read 302873 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 05, 2016, 06:06:22 PM »

Maybe you know since you know the whole truth?

Someday, Kid, it will make sense to you.

One thing about the internet is it saves money on the cost of invitations, both the invitations themselves and the postage. Mailing them from the UK is quite expensive unless it's being underwritten and declared as a business expense.

When will it make sense to me?  I'd really like to know and so would a lot of people, apparently.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 05, 2016, 06:09:50 PM »

And I'm still waiting for that personal invitation so many people got to join that board.   Cool Guy

You'd almost think that I'm not someone desired there.  But maybe I'm just paranoid. Uh-huh...

I did not get an invitation but notified by friends that I am being insulted over there. Like anything, they will reap what they sow

Where were you insulted over there?  I honestly haven't seen your name mentioned in anyway.
I didn't see it, just told. I tried to find it but kinda hard to navigate around. It's all good though. :-)

I think your friends were mistaken.  Glad to hear it's all good, though.  Smiley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: June 05, 2016, 06:14:38 PM »

One thing about the internet is it saves money on the cost of invitations, both the invitations themselves and the postage. Mailing them from the UK is quite expensive unless it's being underwritten and declared as a business expense.

When will it make sense to me?  I'd really like to know and so would a lot of people, apparently.

That's up to you, I guess, right? Charlie Brown has been landing flat on his ass for decades because he must think this next time I try to kick that ball, Lucy will not pull it away and she'll let me kick it. And she never lets him kick it, and he always ends up on his ass. Maybe someday it will make sense to him and he'll quit or find another person to tee it up for him.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 05, 2016, 06:19:24 PM »

Maybe you can get Andrew to tell everyone what he said about David Beard.

Said to who, and said where?

Ask him.

You brought it up so I'm asking you.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »

That's up to you, I guess, right? Charlie Brown has been landing flat on his ass for decades because he must think this next time I try to kick that ball, Lucy will not pull it away and she'll let me kick it. And she never lets him kick it, and he always ends up on his ass. Maybe someday it will make sense to him and he'll quit or find another person to tee it up for him.

So you're just going to keep up with the innuendo for the foreseeable future.  Gotcha.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2016, 06:28:05 PM »

So you're just going to keep up with the innuendo for the foreseeable future.  Gotcha.

No, I'm just saying considering recent events you should start to get a sense of how things really happened, and considering how you and many others were duped into believing absolute bullshit, you might eventually end up tired of having the football pulled away as you're trying to kick it.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 05, 2016, 06:29:18 PM »

Ask him.

Of course you are! But better to hear it from the source, since you're on the same boards at this point.

When you get that answer, come back and let us know. Then we'll compare notes.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 05, 2016, 06:40:47 PM »

No, I'm just saying considering recent events you should start to get a sense of how things really happened, and considering how you and many others were duped into believing absolute bullshit, you might eventually end up tired of having the football pulled away as you're trying to kick it.

Yeah, at this point I have a pretty good idea of what has been and is going on.  I wasn't duped on anything, and it had almost nothing to do with what you think.  I'll say it again, my words were twisted into something I didn't say.  I and others look forward to the day when you can let all of this bs die out.  Good luck.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 05, 2016, 06:44:50 PM »

Ask him.

Of course you are! But better to hear it from the source, since you're on the same boards at this point.

I don't even know which Andrew you are referring to.  I'm on this board and you brought it up and I'm asking you: said to who and where?

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2016, 07:02:36 PM »

Yeah, at this point I have a pretty good idea of what has been and is going on.  I wasn't duped on anything, and it had almost nothing to do with what you think.  I'll say it again, my words were twisted into something I didn't say.  I and others look forward to the day when you can let all of this bs die out.  Good luck.

And again, Kid, consider you think you have an idea but you've got a lot more left to find out before speaking from a position of moral authority, or anything even close to that. And the people behind a lot of this might have reasons that go beyond what you've been led to believe. If you haven't already, I might recommend stepping off the soapbox and consider that there is more at play here than you know, and maybe you should withhold some of the swagger and make sure you have the facts before blowing up another issue, intentional or not.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: June 05, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »

Ask him.

I don't even know which Andrew you are referring to.  I'm on this board and you brought it up and I'm asking you: said to who and where?

You have better access at this point than I do. Just reach out and ask him, Cam, then come back and we'll trade notes.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 05, 2016, 07:07:54 PM »

Wow. Just...fuckin' wow.  Sad

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 05, 2016, 07:13:32 PM »

And again, Kid, consider you think you have an idea but you've got a lot more left to find out before speaking from a position of moral authority, or anything even close to that. And the people behind a lot of this might have reasons that go beyond what you've been led to believe. If you haven't already, I might recommend stepping off the soapbox and consider that there is more at play here than you know, and maybe you should withhold some of the swagger and make sure you have the facts before blowing up another issue, intentional or not.

Most of the people you don't like are no longer here, so why don't you just let it go?  You're ruining the forum for everyone else.  Your personal crusade against Andrew really needs to end. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 05, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »

GF didn't decide alone though to ban Mr. Doe. You gotta agree that no BBs historian or regular Joe, but esp. somebody whose work is to correct facts should be respected for doing nasty thing as slandering Brian's wife JUST because he doesn't like her. Brian's family is not his business. It's not about not liking "Andrew", not sure how you came to this conclusion.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 05, 2016, 07:24:20 PM »

GF didn't decide alone though to ban Mr. Doe. You gotta agree that no BBs historian or regular Joe, but esp. somebody whose work is to correct facts should be respected for doing nasty thing as slandering Brian's wife JUST because he doesn't like her. Brian's family is not his business. It's not about not liking "Andrew", not sure how you came to this conclusion.

I wasn't talking about only AGD.  The issue here isn't even about his ban.  I don't have issue with it and neither do the vast majority of people here. 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2016, 07:35:57 PM »

Ask him.

You have better access at this point than I do. Just reach out and ask him, Cam, then come back and we'll trade notes.

I'm not asking about what this Andrew knows or what was said, I'm asking you about what you know. Who said whatever it is to you and where did they say it?

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2016, 07:37:04 PM »

I wasn't talking about only AGD.  The issue here isn't even about his ban.  I don't have issue with it and neither do the vast majority of people here. 

Hard to have an issue about it when we still know nowt about the detail behind the innuendo. We just have to believe the little we're told. Again, we're told it's to do with Brian's wife. Nothing more. And that is worse than nothing. Would rather that tidbit wasn't in the public realm.

“We live in divisive times.”
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2016, 07:40:54 PM »

And I'm saying this with no malice toward you, but if you're unaware of the issues behind what is being discussed, I would hold off on making definitive statements until you find out more. I can only assume the behavior and actions of other banned members who are now welcomed back with open arms must not be an issue either, but for some it is.

It is difficult to accept sometimes, but not a difficult realization to consider that perhaps what you have been led to believe might not be the truth, and I say that as a general statement.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2016, 07:42:33 PM »

Hard to have an issue about it when we still know nowt about the detail behind the innuendo. We just have to believe the little we're told. Again, we're told it's to do with Brian's wife. Nothing more. And that is worse than nothing. Would rather that tidbit wasn't in the public realm.

Issues like that should never have been a part of fans discussing a band or their music in the first place. With that I agree 100%.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2016, 07:45:57 PM »

I mentioned the ban after seeing "your personal crusade against Andrew". Did I miss sth.? Where did you get this idea that it's "personal" if GF plenty of times repeated that the PM system itself, based on what they found out, is real troublemaker. And sorry but "people you don't like" seems like attempt to add fuel. If it's not, explain what you meant by that. Lots of the Pet Sounds posters do post here, as Smilin Ed H said 90%? Nobody shooed them away.It's voluntary. They can check in here and there.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2016, 07:52:22 PM »

And I'm saying this with no malice toward you, but if you're unaware of the issues behind what is being discussed, I would hold off on making definitive statements until you find out more. I can only assume the behavior and actions of other banned members who are now welcomed back with open arms must not be an issue either, but for some it is.

It is difficult to accept sometimes, but not a difficult realization to consider that perhaps what you have been led to believe might not be the truth, and I say that as a general statement.

About the only thing I don't know at this point is what your end game is.  Everyone seems ready to move on. 
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2016, 07:55:40 PM »

I mentioned the ban after seeing "your personal crusade against Andrew". Did I miss sth.? Where did you get this idea that it's "personal" if GF plenty of times repeated that the PM system itself, based on what they found out, is real troublemaker. And sorry but "people you don't like" seems like attempt to add fuel. If it's not, explain what you meant by that. Lots of the Pet Sounds posters do post here, as Smilin Ed H said 90%? Nobody shooed them away.It's voluntary. They can check in here and there.

Yeah, you missed something.  It's not worth explaining it further.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2016, 08:17:36 PM »

Try running the explanation by me, I'd like to hear it.

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2016, 08:42:44 PM »

Most of the people you disagree with are gone and nobody cares about this thing you have against Andrew, justified or not.  People want to move on at this point. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2016, 08:49:55 PM »

Most of the people you disagree with are gone and nobody cares about this thing you have against Andrew, justified or not.  People want to move on at this point. 

So it's now changed to people I disagree with, not people I don't like? What are you talking about? Again, you have no knowledge of the issues other than what I can only assume you've been told or led to believe. And if your explanations are any indication, you've either ignored everything that has been said or you've been duped.

Maybe you should also look at Andrew's own personal crusades, and a handful of other board members (and on other boards) who have been targeted through the years before making such statements like you actually know what's going on.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: