gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680885 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 03, 2024, 12:11:36 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last known pictures of Dennis and Carl  (Read 155285 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 14, 2011, 12:34:49 PM »

Here's the funny thing. In all my meetings with any of the Wilsons, they have always made me feel comfortable and valued as a fan. The two main culprits are the one's who live up to their infamy. No love lost there at all and absolutely no desire to support their post BB musical efforts. It is amazing how deep those feelings still run. maybe I need to see a psychiatrist??

I'd love to hear your stories......  Cheesy

I guess this must be from near the end, too, right?

That tour shirt is very early eighties and dennis often wore the current tour shirt.  I think that one is 81 or 82.
slp22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 15, 2011, 09:01:35 PM »

1983 at some point in the year. I found this on a file sharing site
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 09:09:32 PM by slp22 » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 15, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »

Something about that doesn't look right...

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
dennyschild
« Reply #203 on: February 17, 2011, 07:30:31 PM »

I'm looking at the photo for 10 minutes. What don't look right? Just curious.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: February 17, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »

He looks too good in that photo for it to be '83.  My guess would be '81.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 17, 2011, 09:51:15 PM »

Look at the edge of hia jaw, and the beard on the left side of the picture. Notice how blurry the beard is? It looks photoshopped. Badly done, too.

Edit: It looks like the picture was taken down. I can't see it anymore.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 09:52:31 PM by Jay » Logged

dennyschild
« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2011, 03:06:17 AM »

Look at the edge of hia jaw, and the beard on the left side of the picture. Notice how blurry the beard is? It looks photoshopped. Badly done, too.

Edit: It looks like the picture was taken down. I can't see it anymore.

I can still see the picture.  It does look blurry around the beard.
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2011, 02:59:54 PM »

Dennis looked different in nearly every picture in 1983. Some pictures in early 83 he might look worse than in June of 83.  Then worse in July.  My guess he was having health (liver) issues.  Bloating up and then thinning down.  It's those last three months or so, that I've not seen pictures of and that's the time ,I'm assuming, James Taylor saw him and described him as looking green and unrecognizable.

dennyschild
« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2011, 04:43:24 PM »

Dennis looked different in nearly every picture in 1983. Some pictures in early 83 he might look worse than in June of 83.  Then worse in July.  My guess he was having health (liver) issues.  Bloating up and then thinning down.  It's those last three months or so, that I've not seen pictures of and that's the time ,I'm assuming, James Taylor saw him and described him as looking green and unrecognizable.

I was told he was really bad. He was tore up from the floor up.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:39:51 PM by dennyschild » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »

Sorry, thought you were talking about the most recently posted photo in this thread...from the remarks about the beard looking blurry, I surmise you actually are referring to the one with Mike playing the saxophone and Bruce holding a mic to it?  Yes, I gotta say that one looks like Dennis has been photo-shopped.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2011, 05:04:15 PM »

alright, let me break up this sad morbidity for a post

dennis was kind of unreal.  i'm saying this in as straight a way as possible but damn
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2011, 05:12:21 PM »

Sorry, thought you were talking about the most recently posted photo in this thread...from the remarks about the beard looking blurry, I surmise you actually are referring to the one with Mike playing the saxophone and Bruce holding a mic to it?  Yes, I gotta say that one looks like Dennis has been photo-shopped.

No, it's a black and white picture of dennis. It's a fairly close up shot. I can't see it anymore...I don't know what happened. Denny'schild says she can still see it though.

dennyschild
« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2011, 05:46:22 PM »

Denny'schild says she can still see it though.

I can see it. You can't?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2011, 05:56:51 PM »

Denny'schild says she can still see it though.

I can see it. You can't?
Nope. It should be right after the picture of dennis at the drums. It was posted by slp22.

dennyschild
« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2011, 07:04:02 PM »

alright, let me break up this sad morbidity for a post

dennis was kind of unreal.  i'm saying this in as straight a way as possible but damn

The middle photo don't look like Denny. The face is to round. Are you sure that's Denny.
SBGIRL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 18, 2011, 07:36:33 PM »

Middle photo is Carl
dennyschild
« Reply #216 on: February 18, 2011, 08:37:07 PM »

Middle photo is Carl

Ok. now that I look again.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:04 PM »

yeah i sandwiched carl in there
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2011, 02:07:36 AM »

Dennis looked different in nearly every picture in 1983. Some pictures in early 83 he might look worse than in June of 83.  Then worse in July.  My guess he was having health (liver) issues.  Bloating up and then thinning down.  It's those last three months or so, that I've not seen pictures of and that's the time ,I'm assuming, James Taylor saw him and described him as looking green and unrecognizable.

I never knew James Taylor did meet Dennis again after TLB. In fact I've never heard anyone talk about the other, which surprised me, because I thought they would hit it off as musicians and Taylor liked the Beach Boys (I remember an interview where he said he loved "Surfin' safari"). Do you got more infos? I would really like to know more about that. I was going to start another thread for that topic, but maybe another time

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »

I never knew James Taylor did meet Dennis again after TLB. In fact I've never heard anyone talk about the other, which surprised me, because I thought they would hit it off as musicians and Taylor liked the Beach Boys (I remember an interview where he said he loved "Surfin' safari"). Do you got more infos? I would really like to know more about that. I was going to start another thread for that topic, but maybe another time

I'm trying to find the article I read with little luck. To my recollection ,Taylor said he was broke down on the road in his car, a flat tire if I recall correctly. A bum looking guy walked over to him and started talking. He said he was Dennis. Taylor didn't recognize him at first and in the article said he looked green. 

My guess and only that, is he probably was looking like he had jaundice.
I'll keep looking for the actually article.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »

I'm trying to find the article I read with little luck. To my recollection ,Taylor said he was broke down on the road in his car, a flat tire if I recall correctly. A bum looking guy walked over to him and started talking. He said he was Dennis. Taylor didn't recognize him at first and in the article said he looked green. 

My guess and only that, is he probably was looking like he had jaundice.
I'll keep looking for the actually article.
The story was that Taylor got into a fender bender near the Santa Monica pier on PCH. He was surveying the damage and some shirtless, shoeless bum walked up to him and said "Hey James!" He just ignored the guy thinking it was some creepy street creature. The guy got closer and said "hey, don't you recognize me...it's Dennis!" Taylor said he was shocked when he finally realized it was DW...unrecognizable, bloated, green. He didn't know what to say, i think he just turned away.

BTW, there are photos of the Two Lane Blacktop shoot that show Dennis and Barbara hanging out with James Taylor and Joni Mitchell. I have heard there were some moments of singing and guitar playing etc... I've also heard that Dennis and James didn't really get along, perhaps some jealousy and tension through competition. I've also heard that Taylor had a serious heroin problem around that time, which doesn't make for an open social environment. The truth is probably a little of each of these things, they had some fun, they hung out a little, they grew weary and paranoid, they each had their own issues to deal with...and probably never got close.
kirt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2011, 12:30:27 PM »

THANK YOU Jon!!   I've spent the last hour googling  James Taylor and Dennis Wilson.
 You're great, thanks again....kirt
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: February 19, 2011, 12:36:07 PM »

Yes, thank you !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
dennyschild
« Reply #223 on: February 19, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »

Thanks Jon. Great Info.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 19, 2011, 07:57:37 PM »

The story was that Taylor got into a fender bender near the Santa Monica pier on PCH. He was surveying the damage and some shirtless, shoeless bum walked up to him and said "Hey James!" He just ignored the guy thinking it was some creepy street creature. The guy got closer and said "hey, don't you recognize me...it's Dennis!" Taylor said he was shocked when he finally realized it was DW...unrecognizable, bloated, green. He didn't know what to say, i think he just turned away.
[/quote]That probably happened to dennis a lot in the last few weeks/months of his life, which probably just made him feel even more depressed and desperate.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx