gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680999 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 14, 2024, 12:15:24 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: judging from the tracklist what will make u smile from the Smile Sessions  (Read 7026 times)
ghost
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 07:10:57 AM »

I'm really looking forward to hearing a good quality version of Mrs O'Leary's Cow - Fire, (I love the BWPS version) surprised that no one else has really mentioned this. 

Fire is so good that none of us can speak about it very much. It's demonic & utterly insane, the bass, the strings, the drums, the crackling fire, oh god. It's intense, 2-3 minutes of the heaviest rock & roll ever made - by the Beach Boys! [well, the Wrecking Crew led by demonic conductor Bryan Wilson].
ghost
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 07:13:29 AM »

Fire is the sound of a complete paranoiac mental meltdown. The kind you only get when you're stoned into space and hear sirens close by and you run instinctively like a deer through the woods from the predator. The bass line is demented, evil, it should be locked away and never played in the company of sane people, lest they become mesmerized by its dark allure and fall prey to its madness.
ghost
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 07:17:20 AM »

Oh and Brian's "eccentric" feelings about that particular piece of music are not unrealistic at all. Music has a powerful, powerful effect on anything within its vibratory impact. Brian knew all too well how his beautiful timeless songs like the Warmth of the Sun had been healing people worldwide and giving them solace. But now... he wanted to scare people, he said. Fire will do that, certainly - I think he got too afraid. What if he set off a horrible chain reaction of events due to everyone hearing that demonic twisted Fire on the Smile album? What if nationwide The Beach Boys - Smile album was destroyed by bulldozers, considered witchcraft and sorcery?

seanmurd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 07:21:30 AM »

I'm really looking forward to hearing a good quality version of Mrs O'Leary's Cow - Fire, (I love the BWPS version) surprised that no one else has really mentioned this. 

I always thought the booted takes sounded very good, so I feel like I've heard this already. No doubt there will be some kind of surprises in store on the disc one version, or the sessions, but my attention is elsewhere...

---------------------------
Sean Murdock
ghost
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 07:26:07 AM »

There's going to be a take called the Tobelman edit of Fire where over the music Brian recites a poem he wrote summarizing his LSD ego-death experiences according to the far out zen theory.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 07:35:42 AM »

I always thought the booted takes sounded very good, so I feel like I've heard this already. No doubt there will be some kind of surprises in store on the disc one version, or the sessions, but my attention is elsewhere...

I don't think I've heard it in mono - and I think that track was MADE for mono. I didn't even the about MOC until Paulos mentioned it - can't wait to hear it!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
thevigilanteoflove
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »

The whole thing of course, but more specifically the Wonderful/(Look)Song For Children/Child Is Father Of The Man/Surf's Up suite. 

This. The second movement on BWPS is my favorite part of the album and perhaps my favorite bit of music ever. I am so excited to hear a proper Beach Boys version of Look and Child Is Father of the Man, along with Surf's Up with Brian's vocal. Aww, just thinking about listening to it properly altogether is scary-awesome.
The Demon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »

Aside from better sound quality, I'm looking forward to this new version of "Surf's Up," the "Surf's Up" session excerpt, and a lot of "Dada."  I'm also very happy they included skits, which I didn't think would make it (though I'll keep my SOT box, since they whittled roughly 25 minutes of "Vega-Tables" skits to 1:30).
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »

ghost
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37:07 PM »

You're going to need more than one joint to get through the entire set my friend.
ghost
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 05:38:19 PM »

take every one of these tabs 20 mins before putting the music on
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »

^printed that out on my inkjet (for a test run), cut out a tab, placed it in my mouth....nothing is happening. Undecided

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
ghost
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 09:43:54 PM »

^printed that out on my inkjet (for a test run), cut out a tab, placed it in my mouth....nothing is happening. Undecided

You've just turned into an orange and there's no looking back now.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 12:16:50 AM »

You're going to need more than one joint to get through the entire set my friend.
Even though that joint is bigger than the ENTIRE BOXSET?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 03:27:40 PM »

Post of the Century LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »

Can I just say every single second of the box set

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 01:25:18 AM »

Good point Slim. Every single second indeed!!!. Just wish I could afford it lol Smiley
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 02:07:02 AM »

Good point Slim. Every single second indeed!!!. Just wish I could afford it lol Smiley
Don't worry, I'll PM you when I get it and tell you how great it is.
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 03:10:02 AM »

Lol thanks Iron Smiley
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 03:17:31 AM »

At least I will be posting a review of the 2cd Smile Sessions on 31st October!!. Please note their may be spoilers in my review lol Wink.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx