gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680928 Posts in 27621 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 07:42:13 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help identifying another song  (Read 2837 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2010, 09:53:44 PM »

Ok, I'm hoping somebody can help me here. I first heard this song once on the radio eight months ago, and it's kind of stuck in my head since. I don't remember a lot of it, but I remember it was a country sounding song, and it had an unusual "call and response" structure to it. The lead singer(a man) would sing a verse, and part of it would be repeated as backing vocals. The only lyric I remember went something like "sometimes I get ashamed when I get to feeling like I'm really feeling no pain". Can anybody help me figure out who does it and the name of it?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Uncomfortable Seat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »

perhaps:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOs-MqDOI0

"There's one thing I do that's kind of a personal thing -- I tell jokes sometimes which are corny, which are outright stupid, and bomb. That, to me, is funny when nobody laughs."
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 11:18:09 PM »

Yes! Thank you!!  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:43:49 PM »

Always loved Gordon Lightfoot.

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 11:48:19 AM »

Here's one. I last heard it in a pub in Camden (shame on me). As far as i could tell, it had a pretty motorik beat - you know, stompstompstomp - sounded vaguely germanic, with dernernerner thing going with the guitars and possibly a saxophone, and had a beach boys esque ooo-wee-ee-oo in the chorus. I couldn't make out the words though.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx