gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680975 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 06:37:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still Cruisin' and Summer In Paradise rerelease?  (Read 54538 times)
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2015, 04:59:54 PM »

Agree that Still Cruisin' should be re-released with tracks such as Spirit of Rock and Roll (maybe with a Dylan version bonus track of it too) and Rock and Roll to the Rescue and California Dreaming, Problem Child etc included along with the old hits, but order it so the old hits are last on the format since most people are probably tired of them.  Or heck, just delete the older hits and go with all of the above tracks plus more b-sides, oddities etc.  This thing could really make a nice fill-in compilation for the BB's in the eighties.  Heck, while we're at it stick Getcha Back and Its Gettin' Late on there too.

Also I really liked Still Cruisin' the single, had some great close harmony singing.  It was funny, I remember the vinyl single at the time had Kokomo as the B-side, like they were hoping if you didn't go for Cruisin' maybe you would want Kokomo if you didn't have it.  Funnier still that there were still 45's out at this late date!
bluerincon1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 08, 2015, 05:21:26 PM »

FYI - "Kokomo" was also the b-side to "Somewhere Near Japan" in January 1990.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 08, 2015, 07:23:46 PM »

Both albums are part of the band's story for better or worse. Let the fans hear them and support the band in the process.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 08, 2015, 10:42:43 PM »

FYI - "Kokomo" was also the b-side to "Somewhere Near Japan" in January 1990.
That is true, although I only saw it on cassette single. Took me years to locate a 45 of "Still Cruisin" - a promo copy, same on both sides.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 08, 2015, 11:07:49 PM »

A friend and neighbour turned up on my doorstep last week with a promo copy (all stickers removed though) of the vinyl Still Cruisin' album, which he was about to turf out if I wasn't interested… he reviews albums for a local paper back in the day. Plugged a gap (one if many) in my collection rather unexpectedly. Have always had the CD but never bothered with the LP at the time… thought vinyl was heading for extinction!

“We live in divisive times.”
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2015, 12:38:02 AM »

Have always had the CD but never bothered with the LP at the time… thought vinyl was heading for extinction!

Saw a great documentary on the return of vinyl yesterday. Suddenly I'm hip instead of outdated! Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: December 09, 2015, 03:12:09 AM »

Would make a nice 2fer to complete the set, if bonus tracks were included. Otherwise, for hard core fans only.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx