gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680955 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 03:47:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 75 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and Bruce Tour 2015  (Read 394891 times)
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: December 08, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »

BTW, the pic on the tickets page shows Christian, instead of Jeff. Don't hear anyone bitching about that.  Grin

And here is the reason why:

Brian Wilson = Beach Boy
Al Jardine = Beach Boy
David Marks = Beach Boy

Jeff Foskett = not Beach Boy
Christian Love = not Beach Boy
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:07:42 PM by The Legendary Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 08, 2014, 03:07:37 PM »

BTW, the pic on the tickets page shows Christian, instead of Jeff. Don't hear anyone bitching about that.  Grin

Brian Wilson = Beach Boy
Al Jardine = Beach Boy
David Marks = Beach Boy

Jeff Foskett = not Beach Boy
Christian Love = not Beach Boy

Aren't they at least Beach-Type-People?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2014, 03:08:29 PM »

But it's still misleading advertising concerning an M&B gig - you guys really missed a trick there.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2014, 03:13:27 PM »

These mykolites are such a pain over a lame nostalgia act like M&B. What kind of reward do you get from being Mike's water carriers?

Do you get pointed at by Mike at a M&B show?, paid with free tickets?, and mentioned in Mike's book?

I don't get why you guys are so negative about Brian Wilson and so high on his fucking slimeball cousin.

but when Mike points at me does this mean I'm going backstage or to his trailer?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2014, 03:18:12 PM »

I don't get why you guys are so negative about Brian Wilson and so high on his fucking slimeball cousin.

Irrespective of the perceived merits of the various bands, a comment like this makes me feel ashamed to associated with such a small-minded cadre of so-called "fans" of this wonderful band. Were I you, I wouldn't expect to be posting on this board for a while, as I can't believe the mods will let this pass.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2014, 03:20:29 PM »

AGD, that isn't a board rule. You made that up to try to get me and OSD banned.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 08, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree. It's ridiculous to think that attacks on band members are worthy of banning folks on the board.

Frankly, I always found OSD's exile curious for that reason.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: December 08, 2014, 03:25:07 PM »

He was banned for something else entirely, as Billy explained several times.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: December 08, 2014, 03:32:41 PM »

Part of rule #2: "Please behave and not be an embarrassment to the good name of Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys." I think referring to the lead singer of said combo as a "fucking slimeball" in a public qualifies as an embarrassment given that they monitor this forum and others.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 08, 2014, 03:33:55 PM »

I wholeheartedly agree. It's ridiculous to think that attacks on band members are worthy of banning folks on the board.

Frankly, I always found OSD's exile curious for that reason.

There is a double standard here for sure:

1. attack Mike and risk a ban.
2. call BW a puppet of others and its accepted.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 08, 2014, 03:36:31 PM »

Part of rule #2: "Please behave and not be an embarrassment to the good name of Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys." I think referring to the lead singer of said combo as a "fucking slimeball" in a public qualifies as an embarrassment given that they monitor this forum and others.
If it was up to you, it would be "do not ever attack Mike Love since he is the BBs legacy keeper. Attacks on BW are okay since he is controlled by his wife and managers against his will and loving cousin."

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: December 08, 2014, 03:42:59 PM »

Nope, if it was up to me we'd have reasoned discussions without one party snarling, growling and foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog at the mere mention of someone's name. No-one is above deserved criticism.

But it's not, and that's probably a very good thing.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 08, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »

If it was up to you, it would be "do not ever attack Mike Love since he is the BBs legacy keeper. Attacks on BW are okay since he is controlled by his wife and managers against his will and loving cousin."
Rules from Rules and Guidelines - read this before posting.

"Rule 2) Treat others as you want to be treated. Think about what you are saying before you post a message. Lift each other up, don't  tear each other down. Harassment of members is not tolerated. Please behave and not be an embarrassment to the good name of Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys."

There appears to be a "presumption" of the good name of all the members.  That would mean every member.

That appears to be the underlying concept, here.  
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:04:29 PM by filledeplage » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 08, 2014, 04:21:49 PM »

When's the last time someone called Brian Wilson a fucking slimeball on this board?

And there's talk of negativity?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: December 08, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »

Personal attacks on either,  esp on their families are what i myself have an issue with. As far as banning for that, though,.that's not happening unless it's an issue that could result in a libel suit.

As I've said numerous times, osd was not banned for not liking Mike...that would be a very stupid reason. I wasn't even the one who.actually put the ban in, although i supported it. In any case, he's back now, and hasn't done anything for me to regret reinstating him, so let's leave the past in the past.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: December 08, 2014, 04:32:48 PM »

These mykolites are such a pain over a lame nostalgia act like M&B. What kind of reward do you get from being Mike's water carriers?

Do you get pointed at by Mike at a M&B show?, paid with free tickets?, and mentioned in Mike's book?

Point me to a thread where the specific posters accused are negative on Brian. Not being sarcastic. ..i really do want to see the posting url so i can see the posts for myself.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 08, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »

It's ridiculous to think that attacks on band members are worthy of banning folks on the board.

You have any problems with this?

Post from 11/30/14 -  Wirestone wrote: A petty, short sighted, self centered, insecure, conniving, little dipshit of a man.

A "little dipshit of a man"? If somebody wrote that about Brian Wilson, you'd be the first one in line calling for a ban.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 08, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »

Point me to a thread where the specific posters accused are negative on Brian. Not being sarcastic. ..i really do want to see the posting url so i can see the posts for myself.

Mykolites is a good term though Smiley

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 08, 2014, 04:45:51 PM »

When's the last time someone called Brian Wilson a fucking slimeball on this board?

Brian Wilson has never been called a fucking slimeball because he isn't one.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 08, 2014, 05:47:53 PM »

No need - just click on "tickets" then hover over the seating map. You'll see that the most expensive regular (i.e. non-VIP experience) seat is $69.50 ($80.55 with taxes and fees). However, the usual suspects were so busy being outraged at this latest example Mike's sheer greed that they couldn't be bothered to do such a simple thing. Really, it's like shooting fish in a barrel with a bazooka, with the fish handing me the shells.
That's about £51, which isn't too unreasonable.

My intent was not to add to the Mike is satan tone of things, I was sincerely shocked at what I thought were the actual venue price for decent seats.    The website lists cheap to best price seats along side dates and pictures of upcoming acts.  Having been to the Ryman previously I thought these were straight up prices.   I didn't even know they had VIP for the basic Mike and Bruce and company shows.   Now I see club Kokomo etc.  by the way, WTF is club Kokomo?

by the way, I have seen every Mike and Bruce show Playing wherever I can manage to attend since 2008.  I am not a ML basher.  Nor a Bruce or JF basher.     the thread title is 2015 tour.   I was talking about show prices.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 08, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »

Neither is Mike
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 08, 2014, 06:02:55 PM »

It's ridiculous to think that attacks on band members are worthy of banning folks on the board.

You have any problems with this?

Post from 11/30/14 -  Wirestone wrote: A petty, short sighted, self centered, insecure, conniving, little dipshit of a man.

A "little dipshit of a man"? If somebody wrote that about Brian Wilson, you'd be the first one in line calling for a ban.

If you actually believe that, you must not have read my posts particularly closely over the past nine-plus years. I have never, ever called for someone to be banned based upon their opinions of anyone in the group. And that's because I do think, honestly, that posters should be able to say whatever they think on that subject.

In general, I am uncomfortable with anyone being banned -- outright harassment and bullying of other posters excepted.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 08, 2014, 06:20:05 PM »

Re: the last point, I'm with you. I very rarely ban anyone...i personally dislike having to. Heck, there have been members who have criticized me privately (and occasionally publicly. ..) for letting things 'get out of hand'.  So, yeah, i would never ban anyone for their opinions.

Some the attacks people are making on each other,  however,  ARE seriously crossing the line, however.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 06:26:51 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2014, 06:23:48 PM »

OK, did you notice I said "otherwise" and admitted my error?  Calm down...

Who isn't calm in this? It's all cool, but no need to tell me or anyone to calm down. Seriously, it was explained back on page 3, and not singling you out, but this whole thing from the first replies that were posted to the Smoking Gun link did not consider the most basic content of that page, or specifically pages 1 and 2 of what the SG site posted. That content being the fact that such a document could not have existed prior to a certain date, end of story, case closed. Yet there were still attempts to suggest otherwise, to discredit it, to remove its relevancy to the discussion at hand, etc based on its age. If something that is a hard and established fact, as in a date or year, is put through the wringer like this, it's surprising everything stayed as relatively calm as it did.

Wasn't there a recent autographed album or something that a poster linked to on this board which featured a Dennis Wilson autograph on an album, and the point was that the album came out after Dennis had passed away...or something like that? Let's say we all as fans know exactly when Dennis passed, and there was the owner of said album trying to tell us fans it was legit. What would be the reaction? How long before frustration would set in since we fans know beyond any doubt that anything released after 1983 claiming to be autographed by Dennis was an outright fraud...and how long would the patience last if the person defending such an autographed album refused to see what the hard and established facts of the timeline were saying about his/her claims?

It's the same deal with this contract in question. Yes, some fans may not have known or spotted the specifics, but they are there in black and white, hard facts that are established facts and not subject to opinions. Those facts from the first time posters clicked on the SG link proved 100% that the document was not as old as some were saying. My analogy earlier is probably the best one to consider: If there is a Beach Boys document which is not dated, yet has official/legal references to "Brother Records", we know beyond any trace of doubt that it could not have been written before a certain point in 1967. There is no debating or nuancing that kind of fact. And the same situation existed on at least two pages posted by Smoking Gun...yet it was challenged by numerous posters. There is/was the issue.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2014, 06:59:27 PM »

Right, Mikie, and I highly doubt you ever will. In the case of Mike Love, it must be common knowledge that he is not held in high regard not only here, but other boards as well. youtube, Facebook, and various and sundry sites, such as I Hate Mike Love or Mike Love Is An Asshole, and so on. Are there sites or boards that follow suit about Brian, Carl, Dennis, Al, David or even Bruce? No. So then, why Mike and only Mike? Of course there have been negative, even bashing comments made over time about all of them but in the long run, it's clearly the lovester that draws far and beyond the bulk of the ire of fans and the general public as well. Look at his pathetic fan club site where he periodically gets bashed.
There has to be very strong, clear reasons for this type of  disdain for any individual. The answer? Simple-he's clearly earned this reputation by acts of greed and jealousy through time. He is, without a doubt, the most hated, laughed at performer in the music business. The list of reasons reads like a dictionary. He has supporters, but the general consensus is, no matter what is said in defense here or elsewhere, this individual sparks controversy and heated debate that has followed him throughout most of his career. This will never subside or ever go away. Look at me- I'm not a well liked poster on this board by quite a few members. I've earned that, but truth be told, it really doesn't matter. I'm not trying to alter anyone's opinion. It is what it is regardless of what those "defenders" say.  

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 75 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx