gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680898 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 06, 2024, 01:10:18 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Today's Mainstream Music  (Read 51516 times)
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2014, 10:40:17 PM »

Hopefully now the little prick would just disappear into history!

LOL LOL LOL did you see that newscast on YouTube where the girl interrupted an important topic for him going to jail?

Nope. Send me the link

ok here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH68bSJXGE8  LOL LOL LOL

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2014, 10:50:08 PM »

LOL LOL LOL did you see that newscast on YouTube where the girl interrupted an important topic for him going to jail?

Nope. Send me the link

ok here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH68bSJXGE8  LOL LOL LOL

She interrupted the Congresswoman who was talking about a very important issue for Bieber!
And his arrest is Breaking News?!

Un-freaking-believable!  LOL Grin
bluesno1fann
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2014, 10:57:19 PM »

Bieber always acts like he's a badass and he's always trying to look cool, but really he's a little douchebag who only got famous because he was eye-candy to pre-pubescent girls!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2014, 11:24:18 PM »

Bieber always acts like he's a badass and he's always trying to look cool, but really he's a little douchebag who only got famous because he was eye-candy to pre-pubescent girls!

when I first saw him I thought he looked like little Donny Osmond with a bad hair cut  LOL and yea now it's finally caught up to him.  And can you believe that his fans at one point were cutting themselves for him, (I forgot what the reason for it was) and he didn't even speak out about that.  Angry

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2014, 11:37:15 PM »

when I first saw him I thought he looked like little Donny Osmond with a bad hair cut  LOL and yea now it's finally caught up to him.  And can you believe that his fans at one point were cutting themselves for him, (I forgot what the reason for it was) and he didn't even speak out about that.  Angry

When he tries to make himself look cool (perhaps because he realized that everything thinks he's gay?) he only makes himself look like a complete phony jackass.
Their fans I cannot stand (though I still prefer Beliebers over Directioners for obvious reasons), and the crazy ones actually started cutting themselves because Bieber started smoking marijuana!
Can you believe that?! Marijuana isn't even a bad "drug" and they're cutting themselves up over that! It's not like he was using Meth or Heroin or sh*t like that which can actually harm you and/or kill you!
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: January 26, 2014, 12:42:44 AM »

When he tries to make himself look cool (perhaps because he realized that everything thinks he's gay?) he only makes himself look like a complete phony jackass.
Their fans I cannot stand (though I still prefer Beliebers over Directioners for obvious reasons), and the crazy ones actually started cutting themselves because Bieber started smoking marijuana!
Can you believe that?! Marijuana isn't even a bad "drug" and they're cutting themselves up over that! It's not like he was using Meth or Heroin or sh*t like that which can actually harm you and/or kill you!

o yea that sure was the reason for that.  he should be ashamed of himself  Angry and the fact that most of his fans are 12 years old and under..... can you imagine 5 year olds cutting themselves over that and probably don't even know what marijuana is (I know I didn't when I was 5).  and I know 1D fans were upset that Zayne smokes but I don't know if they do anything as stupid as what Bieber's fans did on those terms.

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #181 on: January 26, 2014, 02:36:09 AM »

o yea that sure was the reason for that.  he should be ashamed of himself  Angry and the fact that most of his fans are 12 years old and under..... can you imagine 5 year olds cutting themselves over that and probably don't even know what marijuana is (I know I didn't when I was 5).  and I know 1D fans were upset that Zayne smokes but I don't know if they do anything as stupid as what Bieber's fans did on those terms.

True. But I still say Directioners are worse, and why they're worse I already explained earlier in this thread
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 26, 2014, 06:59:49 AM »

Perhaps fifty years ago he would have.  Now most of the world subscribes to the theory that there is no such thing as bad press. 

If you can't stand the guy don't worry though, his clock is ticking.  Unless he is able to make the transition that Timberlake made from boy band pop star to a successful adult singer, this kid is going to have his best days behind him in a few years.  Fair warning though: as I mentioned awhile back, someone in an office right now is dreaming up another one (or a group of them) just like him to serve as his "replacement".

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 26, 2014, 07:37:32 AM »

If you can't stand the guy don't worry though, his clock is ticking.  Unless he is able to make the transition that Timberlake made from boy band pop star to a successful adult singer, this kid is going to have his best days behind him in a few years.  Fair warning though: as I mentioned awhile back, someone in an office right now is dreaming up another one (or a group of them) just like him to serve as his "replacement".

I think you're on the right track, except one thing: the part I bolded in your quote implies that his best days are yet to come. I'd say that's highly unlikely. Usually the major non-musical drama associated with child/tween/teen pop stars only really begins once their initial musical stardom has begun to fade. Bieber's most recognizable (and I'd say best--and yes, I think it's a good song, actually) song, "Baby," is from 2010. His other biggest hit, "Boyfriend," is two years old. The girls who loved him most are a few years older, and at that age, that's usually enough to move on and find something they think is a little more substantial. So I'd say Bieber's best musical days are most likely behind him, unless he happens to find the sort of Justin Timberlake rebirth you mentioned. (I doubt this, as he doesn't strike me as even half as talented as JT.)

What astounds me, though, is that anyone outside the target markets for people like Bieber even cares at all. To read or hear in associated papers, magazines, message boards, or whatever, the kind of righteous rage or condescension to me just baffles. It's a bit like getting angry at the actors on Nickelodeon's TV shows for failing to be up to the standards of Meryl Streep and Robert DeNiro, or the writers of children's books for not being Tolstoys. Pop is pop. It's meant for kids, tweens, teens. It's stupid, catchy, and put placed in the mouths of attractive performers. That's just what happens. Always has, as long as we've had mass media. Always will. It's a universe that doesn't apply to grown-ups. Why get worked up over whether it's good, bad, or indifferent?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 26, 2014, 07:40:40 AM »

I would get angry at him for what he did because he apparently got a DUI and seems pretty unaffected by this -- he's smiling in his mug shot, after all. His fans furthermore seem to think this is just fine as well, as they're supposedly trending on Twitter to exonerate him. That is pretty disgusting, that just because you're famous (and more to the point, wealthy) you should be able to get away with things that no one else is able to get away with. Plus, a DUI is a big fucking deal, doing that can and often does kill people...
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2014, 07:53:16 AM »

That makes more sense, in that it isn't really about how or why he's popular or the quality of his music.

But the sense of entitlement and bad behavior does pretty much go with the territory of being a child star. Unlimited money, the adoration of a huge number of people and attempts at ingratiation (for financial benefit) of another huge number creating a buffer zone between you and reality, etc.

That the wealthy--forget famous--can get away with what the poor can't is just a pathetic piece of reality, too. Bieber's just one little example of that. (Personally I'm more frustrated by the people far more wealthy and far less famous than him, and what they get away with. But that's a Sandbox discussion...)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 26, 2014, 08:09:43 AM »

I don't think it should be a competition about which wealthy person can get away with worse things, it's all equally repulsive to me. And I think at this point, especially for a teen idol figure like Bieber, this will affect his popularity. Plenty of other famous, rich people do similarly terrible or worse things and get adulation for it all the same. You're right though, this is at least not relevant to the discussion of his music. I just figured it was worth pointing out since I find it especially disgusting...
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 26, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »

True. But I still say Directioners are worse, and why they're worse I already explained earlier in this thread

Yea what you shared earlier about them is unforgivable  Wall

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2014, 02:39:04 PM »

Perhaps fifty years ago he would have.  Now most of the world subscribes to the theory that there is no such thing as bad press.  

If you can't stand the guy don't worry though, his clock is ticking.  Unless he is able to make the transition that Timberlake made from boy band pop star to a successful adult singer, this kid is going to have his best days behind him in a few years.  Fair warning though: as I mentioned awhile back, someone in an office right now is dreaming up another one (or a group of them) just like him to serve as his "replacement".

This is why I respect Justin Timberlake. He turned from a member of a crappy manufactured boy band to a great actor!
I wouldn't bet money on Bieber being nearly as successful
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:40:23 PM by Maybe I DON'T Know?! » Logged
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 26, 2014, 03:42:09 PM »

Perhaps fifty years ago he would have.  Now most of the world subscribes to the theory that there is no such thing as bad press.  

If you can't stand the guy don't worry though, his clock is ticking.  Unless he is able to make the transition that Timberlake made from boy band pop star to a successful adult singer, this kid is going to have his best days behind him in a few years.  Fair warning though: as I mentioned awhile back, someone in an office right now is dreaming up another one (or a group of them) just like him to serve as his "replacement".

This is why I respect Justin Timberlake. He turned from a member of a crappy manufactured boy band to a great actor!

To me the word "great" is stretching it.  As captain referenced above Meryl Streep and Robert DeNiro are great actors, to call Timberlake a great actor to me would be disrespectful to those who have actually earned the title.  Probably why I've always disliked how loosely the word "great" is thrown around.  "Successful" would be a more appropriate term in my opinion.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 26, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »

The only problem i've got with Beiber is that he's a little punk, I don't mind that he's making a fortune singing and don't mind that a ton of little girls think he sounds good.  I do mind that he's a disrespectful little twit, even down to that video of him pissing in a mop bucket at some restauraunt... he's pissing in a mop bucket, and then saying something about 'f*** Bill Clinton' or something like that, the whole thing was just stupid.  Deserves a good ass kicking and maybe he'll settle down.

Also I cannot stand that he wears those pants with the crotch at his knees, that sh*t has GOT TO GO it ought to be illegal to dress like a clown if you're not in full face paint.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 26, 2014, 04:32:56 PM »

BTW if you want to know why society is f***ed up, or why anybody is f***ed up, look at their father.  The lack of good fathers in society is ruining America. 

His father was there the whole day while he was getting high, and helped set up the drag race, and now his son's arrested. 

His dad ought to have his ass kicked before they kick Justin's ass. 
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 26, 2014, 04:38:45 PM »

The only problem i've got with Beiber is that he's a little punk, I don't mind that he's making a fortune singing and don't mind that a ton of little girls think he sounds good.  I do mind that he's a disrespectful little twit, even down to that video of him pissing in a mop bucket at some restauraunt... he's pissing in a mop bucket, and then saying something about 'f*** Bill Clinton' or something like that, the whole thing was just stupid.  Deserves a good ass kicking and maybe he'll settle down.

Also I cannot stand that he wears those pants with the crotch at his knees, that sh*t has GOT TO GO it ought to be illegal to dress like a clown if you're not in full face paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3GBQCYxNho  LOL LOL LOL LOL the voice crack
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 04:39:59 PM by retrokid67 » Logged

-Dennis Wilson
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 26, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »

I'm not a big fan of Timberlake (don't really like him or his songs) but at least he's a contributing member of society that you won't see going to jail for stupid nonsense, or smoking drugs or driving intoxicated.  So to me he's a respectable person because he's living his life and also has his charities and things that he works for, etc.  He's just an all around respectable guy like anybody else you might meet, just happens to be rich and famous.  If somebody's doing their thing I don't care how famous or rich they are, good for Justin that he's successful, he's not harming anybody and he's actually helping in what little ways he can, that's the sign of a good man to me.  

bluesno1fann
« Reply #194 on: January 26, 2014, 09:41:14 PM »

To me the word "great" is stretching it.  As captain referenced above Meryl Streep and Robert DeNiro are great actors, to call Timberlake a great actor to me would be disrespectful to those who have actually earned the title.  Probably why I've always disliked how loosely the word "great" is thrown around.  "Successful" would be a more appropriate term in my opinion.

Good point. Guess I'll have to agree with you. Compared to the legends he's nothing, but he's not that bad.

The only problem i've got with Beiber is that he's a little punk, I don't mind that he's making a fortune singing and don't mind that a ton of little girls think he sounds good.  I do mind that he's a disrespectful little twit, even down to that video of him pissing in a mop bucket at some restauraunt... he's pissing in a mop bucket, and then saying something about 'f*** Bill Clinton' or something like that, the whole thing was just stupid.  Deserves a good ass kicking and maybe he'll settle down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3GBQCYxNho  LOL LOL LOL LOL the voice crack

Oh man that's funny!  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I bet if the bodyguard weren't there and Bieber tried to attack the Paparazzi, Bieber would have got his arse kicked!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 09:51:48 PM by Maybe I DON'T Know?! » Logged
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: January 26, 2014, 11:52:05 PM »

ooo I could imagine that  LOL LOL LOL it would be ugly, and with his outfit and the blood he would be covered in red from head to toe  Evil

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2014, 12:05:50 AM »

ooo I could imagine that  LOL LOL LOL it would be ugly, and with his outfit and the blood he would be covered in red from head to toe  Evil

And Now for Something Completely Different!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 02:13:57 PM by Maybe I DON'T Know?! » Logged
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2014, 01:16:17 AM »

ooo I could imagine that  LOL LOL LOL it would be ugly, and with his outfit and the blood he would be covered in red from head to toe  Evil

Yeah, at first Bieber would be trash-talking trying to look like a "badass", and throws the first punch. Then he gets a punch to the face. He doesn't get knocked out, and gives a barrage of punches. Bieber's punches are so weak that the paparazzi can barely feel a thing. Then the paparazzi would kick him in the gut, bringing Bieber down with a scream of pain. Then the paparazzi starts on him, just pinning Bieber down and going at him, with no mercy as he had enough of Bieber's douchebag attitude and his crappy music. Bieber starts begging for him to stop, and starts crying. Every time he tries to fight back he fails miserably. Finally, a bunch of people pull the paparazzi off him and call the police and ambulance.
In the aftermath, Bieber gets sued by the paparazzi on the grounds that Bieber threatened and attacked him first and he only attacked back on self-defence. Bieber's face is unrecognisable due to the punches he sustained, and he is disgraced and is force to retire. He spends the rest of his miserable life at his mum's home in Canada.         

Imagine if that happens in real life, that would be awesome! And this is coming from someone who doesn't usually support violence                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

LOL Grin yea I don't support violence either and in the past felt bad for people like him and Rebecca Black for the constant threats they were getting, but while Rebecca seems like a sweet girl, Bieber now comes across as a douchebag  Angry

-Dennis Wilson
bluesno1fann
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2014, 01:17:25 AM »

ooo I could imagine that  LOL LOL LOL it would be ugly, and with his outfit and the blood he would be covered in red from head to toe  Evil

And Now for Something Completely Different!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

LOL Grin yea I don't support violence either and in the past felt bad for people like him and Rebecca Black for the constant threats they were getting, but while Rebecca seems like a sweet girl, Bieber now comes across as a douchebag  Angry

Yeah, Rebecca Black is a victim of both ARK Music Factory and the Public. Bieber is just a jerk
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:45:09 PM by Maybe I DON'T Know?! » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2014, 04:01:43 AM »

Yeah, at first Bieber would be trash-talking trying to look like a "badass", and throws the first punch. Then he gets a punch to the face. He doesn't get knocked out, and gives a barrage of punches. Bieber's punches are so weak that the paparazzi can barely feel a thing. Then the paparazzi would kick him in the gut, bringing Bieber down with a scream of pain. Then the paparazzi starts on him, just pinning Bieber down and going at him, with no mercy as he had enough of Bieber's douchebag attitude and his crappy music. Bieber starts begging for him to stop, and starts crying. Every time he tries to fight back he fails miserably. Finally, a bunch of people pull the paparazzi off him and call the police and ambulance.
In the aftermath, Bieber gets sued by the paparazzi on the grounds that Bieber threatened and attacked him first and he only attacked back on self-defence. Bieber's face is unrecognisable due to the punches he sustained, and he is disgraced and is force to retire. He spends the rest of his miserable life at his mum's home in Canada.         

Imagine if that happens in real life, that would be awesome! And this is coming from someone who doesn't usually support violence                                            
I never cared about Bieber but you went totally overboard by posting this. I mean, he didn't do anything bad to you & your family personally. Why would you even waste time in writing sth. cruel like this? Or better yet, why would you follow his news discussing what bad he'd done then or now etc. if you clearly don't like his music? I thought everyone who's not into some artist ignores them & concentrates on their favorites.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx