gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681020 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 08:43:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No Pier Pressure available for preorder on iTunes...  (Read 4653 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2015, 08:52:07 PM »

Hey, so No Pier Pressure is available on iTunes to pre-order in both regular and deluxe editions. And right now, "The Right Time" is available to purchase. So that's cool.

Now here's the interesting thing.

According to iTunes, the track listings are now as follows:

No Pier Pressure
1 "This Beautiful Day"
2 "Runaway Dancer"
3 "What Ever Happened"
4 "On the Island"
5 "Half Moon Bay"
6 "Our Special Love"
7 "The Right Time"
8 "Guess You Had To Be There"
9 "Tell Me Why"
10 "Sail Away"
11 "One Kind of Love"
12 "Saturday Night"
13 "The Last Song"

No Pier Pressure (Deluxe)
1 "This Beautiful Day"
2 "Runaway Dancer"
3 "What Ever Happened"
4 "On the Island"
5 "Half Moon Bay"
6 "Our Special Love"
7 "The Right Time"
8 "Guess You Had To Be There"
9 "Don't Worry"
10 "Somewhere Quiet"
11 "I'm Feeling Sad"
12 "Tell Me Why"
13 "Sail Away"
14 "One Kind of Love"
15 "Saturday Night"
16 "The Last Song"

So, yeah...for those of you keeping score at home, either iTunes has messed up the track listings (doubtful) or the album has been resequenced to make "Half Moon Bay" the fifth track and "The Last Song".......the last song. And of course this pushes every track from "Our Special Love" on one spot back. If indeed this was a deliberate decision on Brian's teams part, that would be interesting as I do remember some on here pointing out that "The Last Song" wasn't the last song on the album (or something of that nature).

Also in other news, neither "In the Back of My Mind" nor "Love and Mercy" are listed, so it indeed looks like they will not be available on any US releases of the album. Ah well.
NickandthePassions
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »

Looks like "Right Time" will be a single. I would've thought "On an Island" would be too.

"Living a dream
Don't wanna sleep
Might miss something"
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »

Just bought Right Time.  Hopefully it will make an appearance on the AC chart, but I won't get my hopes up.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 10:14:54 PM »

I wonder if there will be a music video to accompany the song.  It would be odd to have a lead single without some kind of video.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 12:51:01 AM »

NZ itunes now. Delux release April 3 (April 2 in the US) so 5 days before most of you guys. Razz
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 04:15:42 AM »

Amazon Canada has one NPP package tp pre-order for $51.33...cd  It has another NPP cd listed to pre-order for $16.77.  Then there's the vinyl for $25.44.

So really?  For the 'deluxe' version with the 3 extra songs...it's an extra $34.56...plus tax???  Huh

For the less expensive cd and lp it says that the item will be delivered when available.  For the way overpriced [seemingly at least] version they continue to maintain that it will be released March 31st.  Is THAT the deal?  Get it a week early PLUS 3 bonus songs for $51.33?  Shocked
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also e-mailed 'them' to ask as their answer might be more informative.  As of typing this...it's a dead heat.  0 information from either direction.  It's neck and neck. LOL
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:40:43 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 04:56:55 AM »

Arseholes!!! Roll Eyes

I was specific about the album/cd Title, name of artist and release DATES...not to mention the prices when I sent my e-mail...and I get THIS??? Angry

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I'm very sorry, but I was unable to determine the exact item you are referring from the content of your e-mail message.

Please write back to us using the link below with complete title of the item along with ASIN so that we will able to assist you better in this regard.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

http://www.amazon.ca/=[+ more= their link to fill out form (not in triplicate) with more info]
Please note: This e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.  Please use the link above to send us your reply.

All items in our catalog are identified by ten-digit ISBNs (International Standard Book Numbers) or ASINs (Amazon Standard Identification Numbers). The ISBN search tool on our site is able to search for items by either ISBN or ASIN.

Please be assured that all of us here are working very hard to provide a thorough, personal reply to each of our customers as quickly as possible.

We look forward to hearing from you, and thank you for shopping at Amazon.ca.  

Best regards,
Divya R.
-----------------------------------------------

Score now?  SS-0  Amazon Canada-minus 25.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:02:36 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 05:16:20 AM »

Amazon Canada has one NPP package tp pre-order for $51.33...cd  It has another NPP cd listed to pre-order for $16.77.  Then there's the vinyl for $25.44.

So really?  For the 'deluxe' version with the 3 extra songs...it's an extra $34.56...plus tax???  Huh

For the less expensive cd and lp it says that the item will be delivered when available.  For the way overpriced [seemingly at least] version they continue to maintain that it will be released March 31st.  Is THAT the deal?  Get it a week early PLUS 3 bonus songs for $51.33?  Shocked
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also e-mailed 'them' to ask as their answer might be more informative.  As of typing this...it's a dead heat.  0 information from either direction.  It's neck and neck. LOL

It looks to me that the expensive one is the same one that is listed on Amazon US for $36.98 (and with the same early release date), and it's probably an import (it says it's an import on Amazon US).  The one for $16.77 shows the basic version tracklist.  If you scroll down you'll see another version (April 7 release date), which lists the deluxe version tracklist, plus Love and Mercy, and In The Back Of My Mind, but there's no price listed for that one.  This is the ASIN: B00NSOP6ZE. 
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 05:55:56 AM »

Thanks...Ya I saw all that.  Just ordered the basic cd to start.  I get the cd/vinyl choice.  I DON'T get the bonus versus no bonus tracks to start 'thing'.  It should be one set release.  Same lineup of tracks for everybody.  No 2nd rate option.  It's BAD marketing.  As for other bonus materials...OK...but the music should be identical.

It's like UK vs North American Beatles albums back in the day.  The thing is...it's 2015 and the global community has shrunk.  'We are the world'.  Everybody sing.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 08:51:14 AM »

For what it's worth, I just ordered the Japanese CD from CDJapan and was done  with it. I'll order vinyl closer to the time.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 09:16:16 AM »

Amazon Uk is now listing an 18 track version for preorder with Somewhere Quiet, I'm Feeling Sad & Tell Me Why [featuring Al Jardine] added after track 8 +  In The Back Of My Mind & Love And Mercy on the end.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NSOP6ZE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03MW9Y0MGEPWAD8MDHZS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »

Amazon Uk is now listing an 18 track version for preorder with Somewhere Quiet, I'm Feeling Sad & Tell Me Why [featuring Al Jardine] added after track 8 +  In The Back Of My Mind & Love And Mercy on the end.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NSOP6ZE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p15_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=03MW9Y0MGEPWAD8MDHZS&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

The United States...still paying for their Revolutionary War victory  LOL

I wonder though...with auto rip, would that work for me or is it region blocked?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2015, 09:37:44 AM »

Amazon Uk is now listing an 18 track version for preorder with Somewhere Quiet, I'm Feeling Sad & Tell Me Why [featuring Al Jardine] added after track 8 +  In The Back Of My Mind & Love And Mercy on the end.

Nice to see that > The Last Song< is no longer last, again

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
wild neon sins
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »

The United States...still paying for their Revolutionary War victory  LOL

I wonder though...with auto rip, would that work for me or is it region blocked?
region blocked I think.

"And suddenly I find myself, listening to a man I've never known before,
Telling me about the sea..."

Looking for contributions for a Dennis fanzine
https://denniswilsonzine.tumblr.com
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 10:24:32 AM »

I presume audio samples are not up yet then, or we'd be talking about them endlessly...
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 11:45:37 AM »

Get a load of those track lengths. Several very short tunes, which as a fan of "This Whole World," I like a lot.
Catbirdman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 01:28:02 PM »

Also in other news, neither "In the Back of My Mind" nor "Love and Mercy" are listed, so it indeed looks like they will not be available on any US releases of the album. Ah well.

I don't think we can conclude that. This is the digital download release. The physical US deluxe edition might very well have those two tracks, and I'm guessing it will.

My real name is Peter Aaron Beyer. I live in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 01:55:07 PM »

I don't think we can conclude that. This is the digital download release. The physical US deluxe edition might very well have those two tracks, and I'm guessing it will.

I think it’s very rare for a domestic (US) physical release (not counting retailer exclusives) of an album to have tracks that its digital download counterpart doesn’t.

It’s more common for iTunes to have exclusive tracks that a physical CD counterpart doesn’t.

Unless Best Buy or Target gets an exclusive version of Brian’s album, I doubt any US CD release of the album will have those bonus tracks.

I’m actually still not fully convinced the Canadian release will have those two extra tracks; Japan “exclusive” bonus tracks are usually just that, exclusive. At least initially. There are exceptions (the Japan TWGMTR CD had “Do It Again” as an exclusive; even though it was technically available in that “Zinepak”). Japan releases add bonus tracks to entice domestic consumers to buy the Japan version instead of importing a cheaper US (or other country) version. (As a byproduct, this is also why when US or UK fans then buy Japanese import CDs, they are exponentially more expensive).  

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 03:33:09 PM »

I think it’s very rare for a domestic (US) physical release (not counting retailer exclusives) of an album to have tracks that its digital download counterpart doesn’t.

It’s more common for iTunes to have exclusive tracks that a physical CD counterpart doesn’t.

Unless Best Buy or Target gets an exclusive version of Brian’s album, I doubt any US CD release of the album will have those bonus tracks.

I’m actually still not fully convinced the Canadian release will have those two extra tracks; Japan “exclusive” bonus tracks are usually just that, exclusive. At least initially. There are exceptions (the Japan TWGMTR CD had “Do It Again” as an exclusive; even though it was technically available in that “Zinepak”). Japan releases add bonus tracks to entice domestic consumers to buy the Japan version instead of importing a cheaper US (or other country) version. (As a byproduct, this is also why when US or UK fans then buy Japanese import CDs, they are exponentially more expensive).  

I have always wondered why domestic Japanese albums would be more expensive than an US import.  It doesn't seem to make any sense.  Do you know why this is?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 04:09:27 PM »

I have always wondered why domestic Japanese albums would be more expensive than an US import.  It doesn't seem to make any sense.  Do you know why this is?

That's the part of the equation that is indeed puzzling. The only explanation of the Japan "bonus tracks" phenomenon starts with, within Japan, domestic CDs being more expensive than even US imports. So folks there would, understandably, flock to the cheaper alternative. They are then swayed (hopefully) with exclusive bonus tracks.  The result then turns to the rest of the world's "hardcore" fans paying an import cost *on top* of the already-more-expensive price. But why their domestic CDs are more expensive in the first place, I haven't a clue. For all I know, the original reason behind "bonus tracks" is no longer true, and the CDs are evenly priced, and Japan labels simply want/expect the bonus tracks.

Sometimes we get the exclusive bonus tracks later in other formats (McCartney recently did this with his "New" album Japan exclusive; the track was later issued on a "deluxe" edition of the album). Sometimes the exclusive tracks aren't really exclusive to begin with, can be found on other obscure releases, or exclusive downloads, etc.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 04:17:19 PM »

Just put my order in on itunes...

This is getting pretty out of hand, I've got the japense version, itunes version and I know I'll pick the deluxe up  Roll Eyes

Anything for Brian  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2015, 12:49:45 AM »

UK Amazon listings keep changing.

Currently stands at four different CD versions and a download. The vinyl has disappeared.

UK deluxe download offering has the three bonus tracks but not the two Japanese bonus tracks.

No track listing for the UK deluxe edition yet. However, an import deluxe CD version lists all of the Japanese deluxe edition tracks and is priced a few quid cheaper than the UK deluxe.

No doubt it'll all come out in the wash but I'm glad I pre-ordered the delux back in November - cheaper, and has all the deluxe bonus tracks inc the Japanese bonus bonus tracks.

Edit: the vinyl's there… just described as an "MP3 download"…!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 09:13:07 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx