-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:40:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Is it just me...?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it just me...?  (Read 33752 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2011, 11:15:11 AM »

looks like  he wandered onto a motor home.

Funny, I get visions of IceT or Eminem; 
but I really wanted to post on this thread to get my post count up, and revel in all the hostility going down

feel bad I didn't tune in quick enough to see Jay's deleted post( tho I'm thinking I did, and forgot it just as quick)
Pretty sure Sandbox posts don't even count.

true

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011, 01:22:49 PM »

looks like  he wandered onto a motor home.

Funny, I get visions of IceT or Eminem; 
but I really wanted to post on this thread to get my post count up, and revel in all the hostility going down

feel bad I didn't tune in quick enough to see Jay's deleted post( tho I'm thinking I did, and forgot it just as quick)
Pretty sure Sandbox posts don't even count.

true

Oh, you mean they don't count towards my running post total on smiley, right?
I was more getting at my total Post count in life, and how I need a few more for my get thru the gates quota. 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »

jay what did you say
Something.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2011, 07:33:20 AM »

BANNED

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2011, 08:39:51 AM »

BANNED

on the run?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »

BANNED

You're kidding?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:08 AM »

Yeah, its a joke.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »

Glad to see my humour bypass was a success, then!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2011, 08:26:27 PM »

nothin to do with trolling, but "is it just me" or do you find yourself sighing every time there's a new Smile post.
I honestly can't keep up with them all. I need someone to just PM me whenever there's something notable or official from the "big wigs."   Afro

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »

Me too. I'm also getting a bit annoyed that SMiLE is the only thing people want to talk about. I know that this board was originally meant to be mostly about SMiLE and Smiley Smile, but those aren't the only two albums that the group released in their career.  Roll Eyes

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:26 PM »

Me too. I'm also getting a bit annoyed that SMiLE is the only thing people want to talk about. I know that this board was originally meant to be mostly about SMiLE and Smiley Smile, but those aren't the only two albums that the group released in their career.  Roll Eyes

I understand and appreciate all the SMiLE talk..but until we can time travel or the new box set is released, then there is really just recycled talk...(which I also can't keep up with, but I still love it...I mean, would you rather talk about the European Reformation?)

I wanted to start a thread about the cool bvox to IKTAAnswer, but I feel I could save that for a rainy day....I think the new set is going to kick butt though, much better than we expect...
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

It is getting fairly redundant, however, in 5 years when our SMiLE boxsets are collecting dust on a shelf, we will have the happy memories of the months prior to the SMiLE release where we all had a hand in Dead Horse

I'm just super happy that it is coming out...and since my friends, family, coworkers could care less about this release, I'm glad to share the joy with you all...and it's nice to have a place to talk about it...even if it means helping debate SMiLE track-listing for the umpteenth time Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »

right right....I understand the hype.

I just like to provide threads that detour from Smile and try to talk about something new that hasn't been discussed...and that's a tough task, sometimes, at work, I'll just have these ideas and questions that pop in my head...and I try to instantly write that idea down or type it on here when I get the chance.

I'm pretty confident that my Bambu thread is somewhat new. There's some questions I wanted to raise that I've never seen asked about the old mixes vs. the new ones. I try to listen to the tracks back to back...it's slightly tough when all my tracks are so far away on my ipod, from Denny Remembered to POB. I just need to make a fan mix of stuff back to back to back....like Wild Situation would be a real good one...the original '79' (or so) mix to the backing track to the backing track with backing vocals to the newest mix....sounds fun to me...I don't know if it's just me?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2011, 12:57:23 AM »

I'm very glad to see Smile is getting released but frankly the disscussions about which fragment Brian intended to put wth that fragment and what was intended for what suite and the running order of the tracks intended put me to sleep after a day or two.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 01:06:23 AM »

I'm very glad to see Smile is getting released but frankly the disscussions about which fragment Brian intended to put wth that fragment and what was intended for what suite and the running order of the tracks intended put me to sleep after a day or two.
I agree. Especially when Brian himself doesn't know, and most likely never knew, even in 1967.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »

nothin to do with trolling, but "is it just me" or do you find yourself sighing every time there's a new Smile post.
I honestly can't keep up with them all. I need someone to just PM me whenever there's something notable or official from the "big wigs."   Afro

This is all you need to know on the subject:

1 - it will be released this year

2 - whatever is included, someone will bitch about their fave fragment being left off

3 - whatever the CD 1 sequence is, almost everyone will bitch about it being "wrong"...

4 - ... whereas the indisputable fact is, no-one knows what it was going to be anyway. No-one, not even Brian.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 01:11:17 PM »

For me it's the overanalyzing of the Smile lyrics, and the pissiness if one doesn't agree.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:20 PM »

For me it's the overanalyzing of the Smile lyrics, and the pissiness if one doesn't agree.

Oh I concur!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 06:25:45 PM »

I gave up on the whole smile minutae a couple years ago...but I still love the music. Its just that sharing track listings and arguing over what exactly this lyric here means/why Brian trashed Smile/when exactly did smile end, etc. has turned into a  "been there done that" situation for me.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »

Didn't know there were so many people here that weren't bb fans.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 07:34:24 PM »

Because bb fan is defined as...

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »

2 - whatever is included, someone will bitch about their fave fragment being left off

3 - whatever the CD 1 sequence is, almost everyone will bitch about it being "wrong"...

4 - ... whereas the indisputable fact is, no-one knows what it was going to be anyway. No-one, not even Brian.

I just hope there's a 5 - everyone marveling at an unearthed lead vocal that's never been booted.  Cool
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 09:16:17 PM »

Assorted list of things I've found...let's say, amusing:

1. Overreading the "BWPS as a template" line.
2. Subsequent strong condemnation of BWPS.
3. Suggestions to use the original tracklisting.
4. Most lyrical analyses.
5. Nearly all discussion and argument about whether to use/not use the modern-day Beach Boys, Wondermints, or other backing vocalists.
6. Most discussion, argument, and confidence directed towards the content, quality, and owners of acetates, and, for that matter,
7. Any post at all relating to using acetates for the project that operates on the assumption that Msrs. Linett and Boyd have not considered it previously.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 09:44:29 PM »

Because bb fan is defined as...
A cooling device.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »

I just hope there's a 5 - everyone marveling at an unearthed lead vocal that's never been booted.  Cool
Better yet, an unreleased vocal that's never been booted, featuring lyrics not previously known to exist, or known of in any way shape or form.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: