gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681062 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 19, 2024, 01:04:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album project incorrectly described in online article.  (Read 49143 times)
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2015, 09:30:06 PM »

news bits:
http://www.fullaccessmagazine.com/The%20Beach%20Boys%20-%2001012015
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:34:09 PM by ESQ Editor » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 09:33:27 PM »

Whaaaaat???

wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 09:34:47 PM »

I'm drunk right now but I hope this is real.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

Is this a Mike Love-Beach Boys album?
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 09:43:16 PM »

I'm drunk right now but I hope this is real.

Me too.  1/2 cut anyway.  Not 'Summer in Paradise Volume II' though right?  I HAVE TO ask...Can'you' really put out a NEW Beach Boys album at any point in, or near, THIS day and age and not include Brian Wilson?  And Al Jardine?  And David Marks?  [and Blondie and Ricky too?]

This is almost shocking...and it should, instead, be GREAT news.

Creedence Clearwater Revisted?  Ooooooh-boy.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 09:49:36 PM »

This sounds very vague though. More details? Hopefully this is more of an Al Jardine-style whistlebreak instead of more bullshit. Maybe Mike could've just meant another "NASCAR salute" type album. I hope it isn't the case. Bruce said that they had dates booked through 2016 on BBB, so hopefully we could get another anniversary tour in 2017. That would be great.

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 09:54:34 PM »

I am suspicious. If at the very least Brian and Al are not involved, I don't think that they can call themselves the Beach Boys. I think that his rights only apply to the touring issue and not the recordings.
Have we heard anything from the Wilson or Jardine camps?

Make waves, not love
bluesno1fann
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 09:57:39 PM »

Holy sh*t.... even if it's just Mike and Bruce this is pretty big news!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 10:00:17 PM »

Given that Mike's book has been reported everywhere else as a 2016 publication - which would make complete sense, given the title - yet here is reported to be due the following year, I'm thinking someone misheard or misunderstood. We'll see.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 10:07:01 PM »

It's pretty known here that I am a supporter of the M&B touring band, and that they're just as good (in a different way) as Brian's band. That said...

releasing an album under the Beach Boys name with this configuration is going to be a major mistake, especially if there are re-recordings of old songs as the article states. I can get down with a live album, but a studio album? Uh uh. Not saying that it won't sound good...it might. But, really? At least SIP had Carl and Al. If Mike releases it under his own name, or as 'Mike Love and Bruce Johnston of the Beach Boys', I'm okay with that too. This? Not so much. I feel bad, because I do have the upmost respect for the current configuration, but I can't get down with this at all.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 10:07:25 PM »

I am suspicious. If at the very least Brian and Al are not involved, I don't think that they can call themselves the Beach Boys. I think that his rights only apply to the touring issue and not the recordings.

That was my understanding too.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »

That was my understanding too.

Yeah... and given that Mike is usually a lot more restrained in his interviews, I doubt he'd be the one to blow the news. Maybe he's talking about his solo album with some Beach Boys tracks (Everyone's In Love With You, Cool Head, Pisces Brother, etc.).

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 10:28:11 PM »

Hope so.  I'd be interested in that.

To be clear...I have no qualms that the album would sound good. Just...I have an issue with calling it a Beach Boys album without Brian and Al, just the same as I would have a problem if it was Brian and Al without Mike. If Carl was still alive and involved, I might feel different.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »

"New renditions of older songs"

What does this mean; new renditions of other artists songs (covers) or new renditions of older Beach Boys songs?

Either way, I don't really care to hear these.

Also, I hope Brian and Al are included on the tracks, otherwise FGI.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2015, 10:44:30 PM »

Maybe he's talking about his solo album with some Beach Boys tracks (Everyone's In Love With You, Cool Head, Pisces Brother, etc.).

Those last two titles are not BB tracks. Solo. Always have been.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 10:56:15 PM »

Following their tour state-side and a tour overseas in 2015, fans can expect The Beach Boys to put forth a new album in 2017, which will consist, according to Love, of both new songs and new renditions of older songs. Love also expects his autobiography tentatively titled “Good Vibrations: My Life as A Beach Boy” to be released the same year. There are also talks of revisiting their collaboration with the musical group Chicago in the future. Love says, “We’re always open to collaboration. We like a whole lot of different types of music and appreciate all kinds.”

So far away that we don't need to speculate. Let more news seep out over the next 24 months, then meet back here to pick it apart! Smiley

“We live in divisive times.”
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »

Wouldn't be the Beach Boys if they didn't (possibly) end things on a totally bizarre and unfitting note, right?

I'm really thinking/hoping some sort of wires got crossed on this one, but we'll see.

Edit: plz put a question mark at the end of the title. Plz. This is gonna get so many folks' hopes up and then CRRRUSH THEM.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:59:57 PM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 12:10:11 AM »

Shocked

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 01:12:01 AM »

This seems a bit vague. Who would be involved? Why would it take 2 years? Why is it mentioned so casually in an obscure article? I wouldn't make too much of this quite yet.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 01:38:25 AM »

It's gonna be a collection of Dennis Wilson cover songs only, with lead vocals by John Stamos. Looking forward to the power-ballad version of Make It Good.
wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 01:57:25 AM »

Maybe he's talking about his solo album with some Beach Boys tracks (Everyone's In Love With You, Cool Head, Pisces Brother, etc.).

Those last two titles are not BB tracks. Solo. Always have been.

Ah, right. "Tracks Mike has performed with the Beach Boys" was what I was thinking.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 02:36:17 AM »

This album is going to be SIP part two. Sad

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 02:44:09 AM »

This album is going to be SIP part two. Sad

SIP, revisited with an orchestra. Finally Mike's vision will have its full realization. And we shall all be taken on a luuuuurve vacation.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 02:54:43 AM »

This seems a bit vague. Who would be involved? Why would it take 2 years? Why is it mentioned so casually in an obscure article? I wouldn't make too much of this quite yet.

This.

Unless the next issue of ESQ contains several pages of confirmation with interviews on the subject with Brian, Al, Dave and Blondie and those Mike and Bruce chaps, I ain't swallowing it.

“We live in divisive times.”
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 03:31:08 AM »

Following their tour state-side and a tour overseas in 2015, fans can expect The Beach Boys to put forth a new album in 2017, which will consist, according to Love, of both new songs and new renditions of older songs. Love also expects his autobiography tentatively titled “Good Vibrations: My Life as A Beach Boy” to be released the same year. There are also talks of revisiting their collaboration with the musical group Chicago in the future. Love says, “We’re always open to collaboration. We like a whole lot of different types of music and appreciate all kinds.”

So far away that we don't need to speculate. Let more news seep out over the next 24 months, then meet back here to pick it apart! Smiley

This description of course seems to be more in line with what Mike wanted the 2012 album to be.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx