gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681017 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 10:20:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread For VIP Experiences  (Read 45848 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 18, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »

Let's try this again!

Which one is you? ( whoever you are)

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 18, 2012, 04:18:15 PM »

Let's try this again!

Which one is you? ( whoever you are)

The one behind Brian with the dorky smile. LOL

The woman would be Grandmother. Bruce thought she was my mom, we went with it LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 18, 2012, 04:41:29 PM »

Let's try this again!

Great stuff

The Hawaiin shirt is a must

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 18, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »

*starting to be thankful I'm not 'in line' for meet and greet.*

I've already had the privilege of speaking with Brian, Dennis, Carl and Audree. I'll reserve yakking with Dave Marks for some LESS obvious and predictable moment. Got some questions that might lead to more beer than 'meet and greet' would allow.  Cool

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »

Let's try this again!

Great stuff

The Hawaiin shirt is a must

Mike acknlowedged both my shirts and my "Good Vibrations/Thirty Years Box Set" Surf Board pin seen in the pic...SO worth wearing it all. Cheesy
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2012, 12:53:41 AM »

Two things jump out at me from seeing all of these photos.  First, David Marks is clearly the best dresser of the group.  Second, why hasn't anybody given Mike Love rabbit ears yet?
jwoverho
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2012, 06:49:02 PM »

Sorry for those with bad experiences at the Meet And Greets. Could be the opportunity of a lifetime or a huge letdown. Glad that the concert experiences have been much better!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2012, 06:56:58 PM »

Two things jump out at me from seeing all of these photos.  First, David Marks is clearly the best dresser of the group.  Second, why hasn't anybody given Mike Love rabbit ears yet?

My guess, from having checked hundreds of these photos:  everyone did, but they were digitally edited out

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2012, 10:13:27 PM »

....why hasn't anybody given Mike Love rabbit ears yet?

Cause they are giving him a wedgie instead!
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2012, 07:23:18 AM »

Had my meet n greet and soundcheck last night in Bangor. I've been reading everyone's reviews so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect.
Sound check was a fantastic experience. We filed in and the BB's were already on stage. Brian was sitting motionless at the piano and only his eyes were moving. Very surreal. It rained during the sound check which was kind of a bummer but it was all good. It was very enjoyable. At the end, Scott told the BB's they should go to the meet n greet but that he needed Dave to stay and work on Pet Sounds. Once I heard that, that was my cue to get in the back of the line since I knew the first several pics were going to be done without Dave.
The MnG tent was set up back stage in front of a tour bus. As we left the stage area we filed around the tent to line up along the bus. As I was last, I was walking by the tent and Mike was there seated early by himself. I stopped for a moment said hello and told him that I had seen them the night before last in Montreal and that this was my 4th show on the tour. He responded "really?, nice". Then I was told to catch up to the line by the VIP hostess. Wasn't as if I was holding anything up, the other BB's weren't even there. I can tell you that VIP's charge is to make sure the fans have as little interaction as possible with the BB's. They were pushing people through at  about an 8 to 10 second clip. The only exception was when Mary Ann Jardine went up to fix Al's hair. A funny moment. When it came to my turn, I was not gonna settle for 8 seconds with my heroes. The Beach Boys owe me nothing, but VIP Nation sure as hell owe me more than 8 seconds of a silent photo op when I shelled out big $ for a "MEET & GREET". Well, instead of walking behind the 5 of them I walked right up to Bruce, said hello and shook his hand, then I quickly went to Al, did the same thing, and then to Brian. My goal was to shake each of their hands and say hello. by the time I got to Brian the hostess and the other security guys were pitching a fit saying no, no, you need to get behind them! Well too late I had already shaken three of their hands. All three were gracious, but I could tell they were a little surprised. They all had a look on their face like " I think he might be breaking the rules" but they were cool.
I then got behind Brian and as she was snapping the pic, Mike turns around to me and says, "so you were at the Montreal show huh?". I simply said, yes, I sure was. I thought it was nice of Mike to make a point of saying something to me and then I reached out my hand and he shook it. Well that set off the VIP people again; "you need to leave now!". Said hello to Dave on my way out. Even with my "extra" time, it went by so fast, but it was a thrilling moment for me and I can't wait to see how the pic comes out.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 07:25:51 AM by J.G. Dev » Logged
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2012, 08:33:45 AM »

Had my meet n greet and soundcheck last night in Bangor. I've been reading everyone's reviews so I had a pretty good idea of what to expect.
Sound check was a fantastic experience. We filed in and the BB's were already on stage. Brian was sitting motionless at the piano and only his eyes were moving. Very surreal. It rained during the sound check which was kind of a bummer but it was all good. It was very enjoyable. At the end, Scott told the BB's they should go to the meet n greet but that he needed Dave to stay and work on Pet Sounds. Once I heard that, that was my cue to get in the back of the line since I knew the first several pics were going to be done without Dave.
The MnG tent was set up back stage in front of a tour bus. As we left the stage area we filed around the tent to line up along the bus. As I was last, I was walking by the tent and Mike was there seated early by himself. I stopped for a moment said hello and told him that I had seen them the night before last in Montreal and that this was my 4th show on the tour. He responded "really?, nice". Then I was told to catch up to the line by the VIP hostess. Wasn't as if I was holding anything up, the other BB's weren't even there. I can tell you that VIP's charge is to make sure the fans have as little interaction as possible with the BB's. They were pushing people through at  about an 8 to 10 second clip. The only exception was when Mary Ann Jardine went up to fix Al's hair. A funny moment. When it came to my turn, I was not gonna settle for 8 seconds with my heroes. The Beach Boys owe me nothing, but VIP Nation sure as hell owe me more than 8 seconds of a silent photo op when I shelled out big $ for a "MEET & GREET". Well, instead of walking behind the 5 of them I walked right up to Bruce, said hello and shook his hand, then I quickly went to Al, did the same thing, and then to Brian. My goal was to shake each of their hands and say hello. by the time I got to Brian the hostess and the other security guys were pitching a fit saying no, no, you need to get behind them! Well too late I had already shaken three of their hands. All three were gracious, but I could tell they were a little surprised. They all had a look on their face like " I think he might be breaking the rules" but they were cool.
I then got behind Brian and as she was snapping the pic, Mike turns around to me and says, "so you were at the Montreal show huh?". I simply said, yes, I sure was. I thought it was nice of Mike to make a point of saying something to me and then I reached out my hand and he shook it. Well that set off the VIP people again; "you need to leave now!". Said hello to Dave on my way out. Even with my "extra" time, it went by so fast, but it was a thrilling moment for me and I can't wait to see how the pic comes out.

Wow, I enjoyed reading that. Way to show those VIP people how it ought to be, that's funny how the band seemed cool but the VIP people weren't. I'm glad it worked out!

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2012, 03:52:55 PM »

Tara is pretty hot though!
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2012, 04:32:43 PM »

VERY edumacational.  Smokin

I'm certainly glad, now, that I didn't spend the extra dough for "meet 'n' greet".

I've been to meet and greets before with big name acts, and it was always very casual - no rush rush . Usually the 'stars' would  'hang' for as long as it took to satisfy the fans who bothered to yak with them.

The big difference being that those 'meet and greets' took place AFTER THE SHOW when there wasn't any pressure.

WHY are the Beach Boys allowing this kind of *slam, bam, glad to meet you, 'mam* kind of treatment for their fans who shell out the hard-earned money to prove how long they've been faithful fans?

8 to 10 seconds?  Tongue

"Move along briskly now, fan-person. We got your money and you're due at the merchandise table!"

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2012, 05:43:11 PM »

So anyway.....after making a post on this topic, I have been sent this. Anyone else?

If anyone wants to contact this guy, knock yourself out!

Hey there. I'm a writer with SmartMoney, the personal finance magazine of The Wall Street Journal. I'm doing a piece on VIP experiences of all sorts — first-class air travel, concierge lounges at hotels and, yes, VIP experiences at concerts.

I'm looking at how customers have felt about their VIP purchases for some recent tours, including the Beach Boys one. Saw your comments on a message board. I'm hoping you will be wiling to speak to me. Please get back and let me know how I can get in touch. Thanks!

Charles Passy
Staff Writer, SmartMoney
Contributor, The Wall Street Journal

1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
            (212) 416-2003      
            (646) 415-2179       (mobile)
charles.passy@dowjones.com<mailto:charles.passy@dowjones.com>

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 05:50:39 PM by Undesirable Element » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 02, 2012, 05:48:15 PM »

Wanna see something weird?  Someone used my group photo on their ebay auction for a signed 8x10 that they're selling.  Is this seller on this board? 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261056690567

If they were apparently at the meet and greet why not post THEIR picture on the auction?  The sad thing I think I know who this seller is.  One of those ebay autograph hunters.  Gag.
SG7
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »

Wow, Justin that is really messed up  Shocked
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 02, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »

Tell me about it.  I sent him a message asking how/why they chose my photo. 

I was just browsing ebay checking to see how much new signed stuff from the tour have been popping up---(a few signed CDs from the merch table are up) and was saddened to see how much stuff was up there.  Then I come across this auction, I look at the picture and was like "What the F??" 
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: July 02, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »

Hey there. I'm a writer with SmartMoney, the personal finance magazine of The Wall Street Journal. I'm doing a piece on VIP experiences of all sorts — first-class air travel, concierge lounges at hotels and, yes, VIP experiences at concerts.

It was great except that part when Bruce "Historical" Johnston touched me inappropriately. I can show you on the doll. I will be forever haunted by Al Jardine's mocking laughter.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2012, 08:26:09 PM »

We just had the VIP experience in Detroit.  Tara was a wonderful host, the seats and soundcheck were priceless, and the picture is what I've been waiting 22 years for.  It was great, except VIP Nation is not getting the pictures uploaded very fast.  There are people who are still waiting for their picture from the Boston show.  With as much money as they charge us for the package, I'd of thought that the pictures would be posted rather quickly.  I'm not really complaining, just being impatient.
Help_Me_Honda
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2012, 11:48:31 AM »

Wanna see something weird?  Someone used my group photo on their ebay auction for a signed 8x10 that they're selling.  Is this seller on this board? 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261056690567

If they were apparently at the meet and greet why not post THEIR picture on the auction?  The sad thing I think I know who this seller is.  One of those ebay autograph hunters.  Gag.

Bottom photo looks better (only kidding Smiley)

May I suggest reporting the seller citing infringement of owned material (your photo)?
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2012, 12:10:02 PM »

HA!   LOL

Yeah I've already emailed him and he said he chose a "random" photo because they took his down.   Roll Eyes Yeah ok.  So he offered to take mine down, which is good.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2012, 12:11:33 PM »

HA!   LOL

Yeah I've already emailed him and he said he chose a "random" photo because they took his down.   Roll Eyes Yeah ok.  So he offered to take mine down, which is good.

Nah it's just because you're one sexy male! look at you!!!  Afro
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »

A bunch of us are still waiting for our pictures to be posted.  VIP Nation has been terribly slow at uploading pictures lately.  And to make things worse, I just got an email from them stating that in observance of July 4th, they will be closed until July 9th.  So I guess this means we don't even have a chance of seeing our picture for at least another week?  Unbelievable!  This has to be about the worst customer service I've ever seen! I'd like to email our host directly, but the only email address VIP Nation has given out is there generic one which gets you nowhere.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:16:06 PM by acedecade75 » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2012, 12:16:23 PM »

haha nice Ziggy.  Maybe he should show the full pic with me in it if he really wants his stuff sold! LOL
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »

A bunch of us are still waiting for our pictures to be posted.  VIP Nation has been terribly slow at uploading pictures lately.  And to make things worse, I just got an email from them stating that in observance of July 4th, they will be closed until July 9th.  So I guess this means we don't even have a chance of seeing our picture for at least another week?  Unbelievable!  This has to be about the worst customer service I've ever seen! I'd like to email our host directly, but the only email address VIP Nation has given out is there generic one which gets you nowhere.

FYI, they posted my pics almost three weeks after the show.  So, while you might be lucky and get it "soon"...be prepared to wait.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx