gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680979 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 04:37:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here's One For Alan and Mark - Still I Dream Of You  (Read 1358 times)
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »

Simple question - will we ever get a set like the CD STILL I DREAM OF YOU - THE RARE WORKS OF BRIAN WILSON here in the states, with the original mono mixes and not the NEW STEREO REMIXES (PET PROJECTS) or the DUOPHONIC MIXES (THE BRIAN WILSON PRODUCTIONS)? Hopefull soon........please!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 11:57:29 AM by petsite » Logged
bellagio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 10:39:25 PM »

Yeah, that one seems like a no-brainer. What could the hold up on something like this be? Surely there is a market for this at least as big as The Super Stocks, yet their albums have been released TWICE on cd (though both times were crappy stereo mixes). Between this, the Spring album and Denny's record you'd think we'd get something. Is it really just legal stuff getting in the way?
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 01:06:52 AM »

There could be legal stuff in the way. In the "Pet Projects" liner notes (which are really, really good), it is mentioned that they would have liked to include more tracks but that they hadn't been able to, because of legal reasons:

"Ace Records would have loved to include every gem that Brian Wilson produced in the 60s by artists other than the Beach Boys, but has been limited by contractual constraints"

Undecided

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx