gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680984 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 12, 2024, 01:31:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to 'write' autobiography  (Read 35816 times)
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »

Post deleted by Moon Dawg
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:23:16 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2013, 05:37:52 PM »

Yeah, why speculate that Brian might be dead in the next two years. We never know, obviously, so it is a possibility, but it's just as likely that he'll be around in 2025 as 2015, for all we know.

AGD sounds annoyed that Brian is doing a book. Doubtless he knows more about Brian's life than Brian.

That I seriously doubt, but I've forgotten more than you could ever dream of knowing, sonny.

Reading your posts isn't fun anymore. Pretty tedious, in fact.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »

Those words sound familiar, I wonder who said them before..... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
oldsurferdude
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »

I think we're derailed now,
the screaming and the yelling
are gettin' real loud now,
I think we're derailed now,
we better get back on topic real soon now. LOL
oldsurferdude
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »

Yeah, why speculate that Brian might be dead in the next two years. We never know, obviously, so it is a possibility, but it's just as likely that he'll be around in 2025 as 2015, for all we know.

AGD sounds annoyed that Brian is doing a book. Doubtless he knows more about Brian's life than Brian.

That I seriously doubt, but I've forgotten more than you could ever dream of knowing, sonny.

There you go...the insufferable pomposity and the haughty arrogance in full flower. Carole Kay was right...about you anyway.  Speculating that Brian (or anyone) has a ""fair" chance of dying within two years WAS tacky. You were called on it and responded with your usual level of discourse.   
Doesn't matter with him-he'll walk away from those comments unscathed. Roll Eyes
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2013, 07:07:49 PM »

Speculating that Brian (or anyone) has a ""fair" chance of dying within two years WAS tacky.

In all fairness, with Brian's past, it is a valid point. He'll be 73, and not a 'young' 73. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be gone (certainly hope not), but there is a possibility that he may suffer a decline by that point. Really, it's rather miraculous that he's in good of a shape as he is right now all things considered (especially considering what Landy did to him in the 1980s). Although the statistics that Wirestone posted did contain some pertinent information, one has to remember what Brian did to himself, and what was done to him. Also, one must take genetics into account. Murry, Carl, and Dennis all died relatively young; although Dennis's death was a drowning, he wasn't in the greatest of shape anyway...there have been people who have drank and abused drugs harder  (and for a longer period of time) than Dennis that were in better condition than he was. However, Audree lived to a good age, and I think so did Buddy Wilson, so one never knows.

Didn't come across to me as being annoyed that Brian's doing a book, just annoyed at having his statement about Brian's health taken out of context . The rest of his post did point out something valid...anybody who has ever talked to Brian knows how he is if he is not fully engaged, and how his memory of somethings can change depending on the day.

No need for that at all.

Doesn't matter with him-he'll walk away from those comments unscathed.

He wouldn't have if you wouldn't have posted that.  In all seriousness, though, there have been several comments in this thread that were a bit much, from more than one person.

Smile Holland asked everyone to bring this on topic. I'm not asking . The thing I responded to at the top of my post is relevant to the topic.   The going back and forth between Andrew and a few others was not. Everyone had their chance to say their piece, and it's done.  Let's have more discussion about the format of the book, our hopes/fears about it, ect. and less of the sniping back and forth.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:59:34 AM by Capt. Bossypants » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2013, 05:10:24 AM »

"Mein Kampf - The Mike Love Story"

Will Brian comment Mike's habit of genocide in his new autobiography?

"Mein Kampf - The Mike Love Story"
w00t! Thumbs Up High Five

One can debate about AGD's comment being tasteless or not ... but if you are of the opinion that that's the case, then above quote + response - IMO - are at least as offensive.

(or am I missing the joke here?)

You're missing the joke, and that speaks in your favor. (I hope I translated my thought into the right English words, which I'm not sure about in this case.)

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »

Loop de Loop Santa's Got an Airplane, Al Jardine.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2013, 07:55:47 AM »

....And in conclusion that is why I hate Mike Love.

Cotton Fields (The Cotton Song)

Al Jardine.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Nicko1234
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2013, 08:29:32 AM »

Really? That's a very clumsy choice. At least, Brian's "L&M" sounds logical, i.e. after every news, writing he addresses the fans wishing them to be all friendly, not much bashing of Mike etc. And what is meant by "Come Go With Me"? Sounds out of place. How about "Don't Fight the Sea" or "Postcards from California, Al Jardine" instead?

I think it was when Al was hoping that he could have a decent solo career and the idea was, 'come go with me on my solo journey'. The journey didn't end up travelling too far though...
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2013, 09:43:00 AM »

Love and Mercy as a salutation has always bothered me. It's so new-agey, Landy, I'm OK/You're OK.  It reminds me of Spock on "Star Trek" saying "Live long and prosper," and I think of Leonard Nimoy with pointy ears when I see it in print.

I'm also not sure about the mercy part. Is Brian asking for mercy, or giving mercy, and is either asking for or giving mercy an appropriate thing for Brian to be doing?  It's a bit messianic.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:39 AM »

Love and Mercy as a salutation has always bothered me. It's so new-agey, Landy, I'm OK/You're OK.  It reminds me of Spock on "Star Trek" saying "Live long and prosper," and I think of Leonard Nimoy with pointy ears when I see it in print.

I'm also not sure about the mercy part. Is Brian asking for mercy, or giving mercy, and is either asking for or giving mercy an appropriate thing for Brian to be doing?  It's a bit messianic.
He merely wishes for mercy to be given to you (as well as love). It might be a tad tacky, but I think it's an appropriate sign-off for Brian Wilson.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2013, 10:13:49 AM »

"Love and mercy to you and your friends tonight"

I don't see what the big deal is. It's just a message of peace to his fans.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2013, 10:16:55 AM »

To be honest I'd much rather read Mike's bio than one by Brian.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2013, 10:21:11 AM »

I'd so ghostwrite Mike's autobiography.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2013, 10:23:41 AM »

"I wrote the words to 'Good Vibrations' - The Mike Love Story".

That should be a thread. Mike Love biography names.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2013, 10:27:36 AM »

"I wrote Kokomo (And Brian Didn't)"- Mike Love

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2013, 10:29:07 AM »

'I'm Not Singing that sh*t" - The Life and Times of Mike Love
"Beaches, Babes and Baldness - The Mike Love Story

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2013, 10:35:40 AM »

"Fun, Fun,Fun- The Mike Love Story"

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42:36 AM »

Every time I get a message from Carl it's signed "Heaven - Carl Wilson"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2013, 10:43:01 AM »

All hilarious but this is incredible  LOL

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »

All hilarious but this is incredible  LOL

Thanks Shady but somehow I can't see Mike going for it.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:03 AM »

"I write the hooks" The Mike Love Story..

Forward by Bruce Johnston

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »

Mike's book will have a whole chapter about Van Dyke Parks and his "evil" ways in leading cousin Brian astray.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2013, 10:59:23 AM »

Mike's book will have a whole chapter about Van Dyke Parks and his "evil" ways in leading cousin Brian astray.

And the following chapter will be about Mike getting retribution by sticking VDPs with the bill of a private plane flight.

Now a Van Dyke Parks bio would interest me quite a bit.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx