gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681079 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 22, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can a Reunion Tour Have Two Band Leaders?  (Read 9564 times)
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2012, 10:00:28 AM »

Here's hoping!

And a live Cabinessence with Mike singing the tag -- how cool would that be?

That would be very cool! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2012, 10:40:07 AM »

Darian directly told me after an 09 BW show that he generally declines to participate in BW hits-only tours. I would be surprised, but quite happy, to see him on this one.

Would it be then safe to assume that Darian hates the "greatest hits" section of each show then?  Even the Lucky Old Sun and Gershwin tours had a section of greatest hits...it's not like Darian could completely avoid it.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2012, 12:05:51 PM »

They undoubtly will have a great band ! I only hope that they will be in shape and sound as good as the band certainly will

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012, 12:09:27 PM »

Darian directly told me after an 09 BW show that he generally declines to participate in BW hits-only tours. I would be surprised, but quite happy, to see him on this one.

Would it be then safe to assume that Darian hates the "greatest hits" section of each show then?  Even the Lucky Old Sun and Gershwin tours had a section of greatest hits...it's not like Darian could completely avoid it.

I think you'd have to be a massive funhater not to enjoy playing those songs for an adoring crowd in the context of a much larger, artistically driven show. And he's no fool, I bet he loves the 'hits'. He certainly looked like he was having fun when I saw him at the RFH. I guess Darian doesn't like the 'Mike&Bruce' model of touring, which is understandable.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
harrisonjon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »

How many Brian tours has Darian skipped?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012, 03:57:24 PM »

I think he skipped the 2009 North American 'mini' tour.... but someone would have to confirm.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

SG7
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »

I know in 2008 he didn't take part in the half band tours.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2012, 05:25:51 PM »

I think he skipped the 2009 North American 'mini' tour.... but someone would have to confirm.

He actually appeared in the late 09 North American dates. That's when I talked to him. Darian said that he didn't usually do those kinds of shows, but that he ended up coming on the tour anyway and found it surprisingly fun. And the shows on that leg were amazing. BW's unexpected high point as a live performer.

He did sit out some 08 touring. As surfergirl says, I saw a stripped-down BW band in the summer of 08, and it featured Gary Griffin. Billy Hinsche filled in on some European dates for Darian that year too, I think.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:26:42 PM by Wirestone » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »

Blah, my bad - I thought that was the stripped down one.

SG7
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:53 PM »

Summer of 07 tour in Europe he wasn't at either! So wasn't Nicky Wonder interestingly enough. Only time I can remember Nick not being there!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 05:59:42 AM »

He did sit out some 08 touring. As surfergirl says, I saw a stripped-down BW band in the summer of 08, and it featured Gary Griffin. Billy Hinsche filled in on some European dates for Darian that year too, I think.

Billy Hinsche joined BW's 2007 European tour when Al Jardine withdrew at the last moment

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »

I guessed he didn't take part in the 2009 european summer hits tour? At least he didn't show at the gig I attended in Germany - Griffin was there.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx