gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 01:55:25 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Brian Wilson fired" now trending on yahoo..  (Read 9202 times)
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »

wow,yahoo is now trending on the front page that Mike love fired Brian,I know there's a thread about the negative reports but I think this should warrent a thread of its own,this is kind of big news to trend on yahoo..
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 09:06:08 AM »

I was just about to post this:

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:06:58 AM »

yeah it went to #1 within minutes.. Shocked
BB Universe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 09:31:34 AM »

The guys should get together and do a PR release explaining the situation - just the facts etc. Current existing bookings, license arrangement; no one got fired (if I understand the situation correctly); future collaboration; etc. It would go a long way to stop the "sensationalism" reporting going on. That is, hopefully, they can do so...
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »

Yep, this thing's gone viral now. NOT good for the legacy of the band. And just when I was really beginning to like Mike Love.

One guy said he was the biggest d!ck in Rock and Roll.  Even moreso than Lars from U2.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2012/09/27/brian-wilson-beach-boys-fired/

Really love the comments on this one:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/09/brian-wilson-got-fired-from-the-beach-boys.html

http://www.spin.com/#articles/beach-boy-fired-beach-boys-reunion-tour-brian-wilson-mike-love

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 09:40:27 AM »

Lars from U2, eh?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »

So am I right in saying: basically we already knew Mike/Bruce faction would continue but to go on with the "Beach Boys Legacy," they needed to fire the rest of the guys??!?!

that doesn't make sense. Why not just say the guys are going their own separate ways. Hopefully we'll be able to get to the bottom of this on monday when we meet with Alan Boyd.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 09:50:02 AM »

Lars from U2, eh?

"That's the letter U and the numeral 2. The four-man band features Adam Clayton on bass, Larry Mullin on drums, Dave Evans, nicknamed ‘The Edge’— Wait, this is bullsh*t. Nobody cares! These guys are from England and WHO GIVES A sh*t? Just a lot of wasted names that don’t mean DIDDLEY sh*t!”
 - Casey Kasem
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:36 AM »

This is nuts. I didn't think the guys would really have to deal with this. But it looks like they will have to soon. And announce what their plans are.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:56 AM »

The guys should get together and do a PR release explaining the situation - just the facts etc. Current existing bookings, license arrangement; no one got fired (if I understand the situation correctly); future collaboration; etc. It would go a long way to stop the "sensationalism" reporting going on. That is, hopefully, they can do so...

yes, bb universe, that is exactly why I turn on the computer each day, but we are still waiting for exactly that. . . . . .
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 10:04:22 AM »

I did try to explain all this to people over at the Pollstar article ... which is the source for a lot of this crap. Don't know if it worked, though.

Someone just needs to post a version of this on every one of these stupid things. I'm a media person, and I hate the media at times like this ...

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=802788
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »

well, Mike got his #1 hit, right?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »

haha....nice southbay. LOL
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »

We're sure to get a million clicks in January.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 10:16:29 AM »

Lars from U2, eh?

Lars Ulrich from Metallica!!   Geez, can't mulittask this morning!   Shocked

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »

Lars from U2, eh?

"That's the letter U and the numeral 2. The four-man band features Adam Clayton on bass, Larry Mullin on drums, Dave Evans, nicknamed ‘The Edge’— Wait, this is bullsh*t. Nobody cares! These guys are from England and WHO GIVES A sh*t? Just a lot of wasted names that don’t mean DIDDLEY sh*t!”
 - Casey Kasem

Yes!

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 10:32:12 AM »

yeah, well don't forget that after his R&R hall of fame speech in 1988, Mike was at a loss to figure out what all of the controversy was about.  He was convinced he had made the Beach Boys the stars of the show with his rant.  He has ALWAYS come from the school of "any publicity is good publicity".  He is probably telling his (now "fired") bandmates that he should get a bigger piece of the reunion income because of the sh**load of free publicity he has brought them.  Seriously.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:33:09 AM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 10:37:49 AM »

He was convinced he had made the Beach Boys the stars of the show with his rant.  

He did. Who remembers The Beatles' induction on the same night?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:43:27 AM by I. Spaceman » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 10:41:42 AM »

yeah, well don't forget that after his R&R hall of fame speech in 1988, Mike was at a loss to figure out what all of the controversy was about.  He was convinced he had made the Beach Boys the stars of the show with his rant.  He has ALWAYS come from the school of "any publicity is good publicity".  He is probably telling his (now "fired") bandmates that he should get a bigger piece of the reunion income because of the sh**load of free publicity he has brought them.  Seriously.
Mike is a very odd person to figure out. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 10:42:27 AM »

Pitchfork adds to the hyperbole, but they embedded one of my favourite Beach Boys live performances at the end of the article so I'm not overly bummed  Tongue

http://pitchfork.com/news/48008-beach-boys-mike-love-kicks-brian-wilson-al-jardine-and-david-marks-out-of-the-band/

A few choice comments from Facebook:
"This is like Ringo firing all of The Beatles."
"Thank God he didn't kick out Stamos!"
"We should flood Mike Love with angry telephone calls. Anyone know Kokomo's area code?"

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2012, 10:47:15 AM »

(throws jug of apple juice against the wall and leads everybody on a high speed chase)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 10:48:47 AM »

(throws jug of apple juice against the wall and leads everybody on a high speed chase)
Mike Love's greatest hour as a human being. Cool Guy

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 10:50:08 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »

"Tainted Wilson Blood" would be a fine song title.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 11:00:13 AM »

Should we really be surprised?
It's the Beach Boys Universe.
this type of shite just adds more to the Lovester's bio
...can't wait until he releases it.
a coffee-table sized book twice as big as the Beatles Anthology.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 11:01:51 AM »

"Tainted Wilson Blood" would be a fine song title.
It would be a great song for your BBs "tribute" show or video series.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx