gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680994 Posts in 27625 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 13, 2024, 02:12:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys Trading Cards !!  (Read 73466 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2013, 08:05:32 AM »

I'm a shy guy, so my gf asked the Collector's Connection guy if he had any Beach Boys cards and he said he could order a box and probably sell the packs at $4.50 a piece. He seemed impressed that you could actually open a pack and potentially get a piece of their shirts or an autograph. He said they may be in within a week if he decides to go through with it. He'll email us. Not too shabby  3D

So I might have a card dealer here pretty soon lol.

Thats around a 40% inflated price per pack. A retail pack goes for $2.99. Better to buy a hobby box of 24 packs online for around $80.

Or you could make this seller an offer for their full, opened box:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/261337285860

Or bid on this complete set( I bid $1.00 ) :   http://www.ebay.com/itm/200992182144   

or buy a new sealed box here for $75 injcluding the shipping( USA):  http://www.ebay.com/itm/200991968064   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Marcella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2013, 04:41:02 PM »

[/quote]

Thats around a 40% inflated price per pack. A retail pack goes for $2.99. Better to buy a hobby box of 24 packs online for around $80.
[/quote]

Go to blowout cards.com and a box of hobby cards is $65
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah. the same company that is selling them for 74.95 including the shipping, on ebay( above). Might be a dollar or two cheaper at their site, but they will add shipping. 

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 24, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right. with shipping add another $10. so I was $5 off base.  Razz

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:14 PM »

Where can I buy...?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »

Where can I buy...?

Look up  ^^

lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2013, 03:51:11 PM »

What stores sell them..?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2013, 04:12:43 PM »

What stores sell them..?

just buy a box. so few stores sell them, it's not worth looking

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2013, 06:57:38 AM »

What stores sell them..?

Well, Target for one...but not all of their stores. If you want a shot at the basic set (120 cards) and can stand the "bidding game" I  would check ebay as dealers are stripping out the hits and then trying to sell the plain vanilla cards at much less than Hobby Box price. As for Retail Boxes, I do not think one box would have the basic set and you are bound to get many more dupes that route.  Roll Eyes

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 28, 2013, 07:01:52 AM »

Going to post some more scans of my favorites later today but have to go out and pig out with friends first.

Happy T-Day to all - whats celebrates it...  Razz

Necessity knows no law
CAFeelin89
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 04, 2013, 01:47:38 PM »

Are there any more scans available? I think I'm getting one of the complete sets for Christmas from Ebay, so I'll scan some that haven't been done before when I get those, since scanning is pretty easy for me to do.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 04, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »

There still have been no signs anywhere of the David Marks autographed cards.  This seems kind of strange since there have been multiples of the other guys for sale on the secondary market.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 04, 2013, 08:34:08 PM »

What cities have retail cards been spotted in? I just spent a weekend looking all over the Nashville area to no avail.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 05, 2013, 05:49:14 AM »

There still have been no signs anywhere of the David Marks autographed cards.  This seems kind of strange since there have been multiples of the other guys for sale on the secondary market.

I asked Carrie and she told me that David had signed at least 70 cards!  ( So they must be out there) 

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 05, 2013, 07:05:17 AM »

Are there any more scans available? I think I'm getting one of the complete sets for Christmas from Ebay, so I'll scan some that haven't been done before when I get those, since scanning is pretty easy for me to do.

Just be patient - I think they are holding back some cards...there are some Etchings / Concert Gear fabric relic and others Ive yet to see and I have been monitoring the 2nd hand sales closely. And no sign of any Concert Gear "Buttons" yet at all

Necessity knows no law
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 05, 2013, 07:09:44 AM »

I wonder what exactly Concert Gear Buttons are suppose to be?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11:01 AM »

Q: After slicing and dicing a bunch of shirts

whats left?

Necessity knows no law
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2013, 10:46:40 AM »

Q: After slicing and dicing a bunch of shirts

whats left?
White undershirts with real sweat stains and pants!!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2013, 10:48:35 AM »

Btw, I've gotta video of the cards I got on my first run. Need to do another video of the second time I bought some packs.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »

Btw, I've gotta video of the cards I got on my first run. Need to do another video of the second time I bought some packs.

Okay lets see em.

Necessity knows no law
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 07, 2013, 03:06:31 PM »

Okay lets see em.
Oh shoot, sorry!

http://youtu.be/ZhUlkw2LKSA

~post of the century~
-Mikie

acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2013, 06:55:14 PM »

It really seems funny that none of the David Marks signature cards have turned up.  There have been no reported finds of any of these cards and there are no pictures to be found of them.  It's been confirmed that David did sign at least 70 of the cards, but where are they?  It is just chance that none have surfaced, or is Panini intentionaly withholding them?
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2013, 08:06:24 PM »

It really seems funny that none of the David Marks signature cards have turned up.  There have been no reported finds of any of these cards and there are no pictures to be found of them.  It's been confirmed that David did sign at least 70 of the cards, but where are they?  It is just chance that none have surfaced, or is Panini intentionaly withholding them?

Every single one is in the box which I bought to keep sealed!!

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 14, 2013, 07:17:08 AM »

Izzat you selling 4 autograph cards right now on de Bay?

Necessity knows no law
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 14, 2013, 07:22:59 AM »

I have all the Etchings now except one (Dennis, and I have seen it) so those have all been released.

Every hobby box will have a couple of Concert Gear cards, there are not any picks in them though. You have to go with retail packs to get those.

I still intend to post some more pics of the cards maybe I will find the time this weekend.

Necessity knows no law
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx