gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680894 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 04, 2024, 06:21:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BBs Hammond Organ for sale  (Read 1879 times)
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2012, 07:16:25 AM »

Found this listing on Los Angeles Craigslist from Gil Lindner's grandson; selling a Hammond Organ and Leslie speaker ( plus pictures!)he says was previously owned by the BBs: 
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/msg/3402957054.html

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:04 AM »

There are some days where I wish I had money.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:44:36 AM »

I'd be more inclined to believe it was kosher if...

1 - there weren't so many crass errors of fact and...

2 - the since disproven tale about rehearsing at Lindner's wasn't repeated...

3 - there's no mention of Dennis' equally famous older brother.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:46:04 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 07:50:06 AM »

Wonder if he'll copy and sell those photos as a separate lot?  Grin

rab2591, that money may be better spent elsewhere: It's like owning an antique car, the original Hammond is all mechanical parts that need to be maintained regularly. The maintenance and repair hassles alone can make vintage Hammonds like this as much of a money investment after the sale as the cost itself.

Having said that, and having played a simply beautiful, well-maintained B3 mated with the Leslie 147 last year which eventually sold as a perfectly working pair for $3,300 US, there is simply NOTHING like the sound a feel of a real Hammond and Leslie. One of the best instruments ever made. But like a vintage car, you need to have some time, money, and mechanical skills in order to keep it that way, unless you have a repair person nearby. Or if it's being bought as simply a collector's piece and won't be played, none of that is an issue!  Cheesy

The Model A was the model that was Hammond's most famous tonewheel organ before the "3" series like the B3 and C3 which everyone loves. An older version, basically.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 09:34:44 AM »

Don't think Dennis knew how to play the organ in 1959, much less '62. He was just starting to get proficient on the drums during those years. I think the guy meant Brian.

"As they played to Chuck Berry and Glen Campbell". Really?  Doubt very much they even knew who Glen Campbell was in 1962.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx