gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681067 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 20, 2024, 08:26:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian and Melinda on The View, Friday 6/5/15  (Read 14294 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »

Ray Lawlor to the rescue!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Gohi
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2015, 03:24:42 PM »

He hasn't done an interview with Melinda for 11 years.
I guess that's why I thought we were done with this, right?

She is a major character in the movie, as well as Brian's wife. The story is about both of them. She should be talking in interviews about this movie,  she has earned that right.  Case closed
Yes, I agree all those things are a shame, Ray. Thank you.

Well I see the trolls are back out in their usual bullshit form.
Not a troll, just someone who has an opinion you don't like. Sorry for disturbing the community.
Ray Lawlor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2015, 03:25:35 PM »

She is a major character in the movie, as well as Brian's wife. The story is about both of them. She should be talking in interviews about this movie,  she has earned that right.  Case closed

Not a troll, just someone who has an opinion you don't like. Sorry for disturbing the community.

So what exactly is your opinion ?
Gohi
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2015, 03:29:26 PM »

So what exactly is your opinion ?
I find Melinda annoying in interviews and don't like when she pipes in and interrupts Brian and talks way more than he does. You're right that she plays a key part in Love & Mercy, yes. 

However, I found the sections of Love & Mercy that focused on her to be much weaker than the parts of the film that took place in the 60s. A lot of that can't be blamed solely on her character (I thought Landy was energetically performed but given absolutely no depth and was pretty much a cartoon villain, Cusack struggled to portray Brian's mannerisms but did a good job imitating his voice). I wish the film had focused less on her.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2015, 03:30:34 PM »

She is a major character in the movie, as well as Brian's wife. The story is about both of them. She should be talking in interviews about this movie,  she has earned that right.  Case closed

You wouldn't happen to be Evan Landy, would you? Sorry you feel her being Brian's wife is a shame. Perhaps you would've been happier had your dad finished the job?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Gohi
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2015, 03:31:57 PM »

She is a major character in the movie, as well as Brian's wife. The story is about both of them. She should be talking in interviews about this movie,  she has earned that right.  Case closed

You wouldn't happen to be Evan Landy, would you? Sorry you feel her being Brian's wife is a shame. Perhaps you would've been happier had Landy finished the job?
Haha, I was mainly focusing on the interviews and her being in the film, I'm sure she's a decent enough person and makes Brian happy. I was in error to say all those things are a shame.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2015, 03:37:13 PM »

You think Melinda being Brian's wife is a shame. Yeah, I don't like your opinions and I also think you're a troll.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2015, 03:39:29 PM »

Love and mercy, fellas.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »

You wouldn't happen to be Evan Landy, would you? Sorry you feel her being Brian's wife is a shame. Perhaps you would've been happier had Landy finished the job?
Haha, I was mainly focusing on the interviews and her being in the film, I'm sure she's a decent enough person and makes Brian happy. I was in error to say all those things are a shame.
She is in the film because she was an important person in Brian's life at that time. So much so that he sought her out after he became free of Landy. She and Gloria were the catalysts that got ball rolling and gave Carl the proof he needed for the courts that Landy was a scheister.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Gohi
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2015, 04:27:48 PM »

You think Melinda being Brian's wife is a shame. Yeah, I don't like your opinions and I also think you're a troll.
Look at the post above yours, that's not really the case. Sorry to have upset you!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »

Look at the post above yours, that's not really the case. Sorry to have upset you!

What is your opinion? Just come out and say it.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2015, 05:02:14 PM »

Way to keep it classy, chief.

Oh yeah, I'm the unclassy one around here.

Don't worry; I'm sure at some point he'll sit down and write  another one of his infamous page long posts explaining  why you're unclassy, and why guys like you are the reason that this message board has gone downhill.

Go back to the Record Room, boys.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2015, 06:54:38 PM »

F*** off.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:01:14 PM by Bubba Ho-Tep » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »

F*** off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJcFbEnYbsY
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:15:08 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2015, 07:15:01 PM »

And a body slam from "the Castillo"!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2015, 07:16:59 PM »

And a body slam from "the Castillo"!

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 07:18:24 PM by ♩♬ Billy C ♯♫♩ » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2015, 07:19:42 PM »

Yes! LOL

John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2015, 10:01:23 PM »

Gohi, I know I haven't posted much in the past (51 or so total as of now!). But, I've been lurking around for many years. And, I've sought out and researched the history of BB/BW since I was a very young man. In addition, I think I share the opinion of the BB historians and veterans of this page in believing that novices should not be faulted for having less knowledge of the history than they do...as long as they ask good questions and show a desire to understand.

But...when they plow straight ahead into these turbulent waters, even taking on people who are known to be long time first-person witnesses to the situations in which they profess to know the "truth"....well....then...they deserve whatever ridicule comes their way.

There are people here, including AGD, who have spent their lives compiling this data. And, they are all pretty reasonable people when approached in an appropriate and polite manner. There are so many people out there in this BB/BW universe that will add insight. And, with today's internet, one can find almost anything.

It's better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Gohi
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2015, 10:57:28 PM »

But...when they plow straight ahead into these turbulent waters, even taking on people who are known to be long time first-person witnesses to the situations in which they profess to know the "truth"....well....then...they deserve whatever ridicule comes their way.
I'm not taking anybody on. I'm not saying Melinda isn't a good person or that she didn't save Brian from Landy or that she doesn't deserve her credit. All I'm saying is she's annoying in interviews and I'm hoping she isn't involved in too many more.  Sorry guys. If you enjoy her constantly correcting Brian and throwing out her two cents all the time, then good on you. This is the last I'll say about it.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2015, 11:20:35 PM »

I'm not taking anybody on. I'm not saying Melinda isn't a good person or that she didn't save Brian from Landy or that she doesn't deserve her credit. All I'm saying is she's annoying in interviews and I'm hoping she isn't involved in too many more.  Sorry guys. If you enjoy her constantly correcting Brian and throwing out her two cents all the time, then good on you. This is the last I'll say about it.

She's rarely IN interviews,  but is important to get her take on what happened because she was there and directly affected.

As her her correcting Brian and throwing her two cents in, well, married couples do that all of the time.

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2015, 11:55:35 PM »

She's rarely IN interviews,  but is important to get her take on what happened because she was there and directly affected.

As her her correcting Brian and throwing her two cents in, well, married couples do that all of the time.

Ain't that the truth!!! Wink
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2015, 01:18:06 AM »

Couldn't agree more. It's her story too.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2015, 02:00:04 AM »

Way to keep it classy, chief.

Oh yeah, I'm the unclassy one around here.

Don't worry; I'm sure at some point he'll sit down and write  another one of his infamous page long posts explaining  why you're unclassy, and why guys like you are the reason that this message board has gone downhill.

Damn! BURN!
Gohi
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2015, 02:52:14 AM »

Can't argue with that!  Cheesy
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2015, 03:21:31 AM »

When I was lucky enough to meet Brian face to face and thank him for all of his music, he shook my hand and thanked me. I felt the same way Whoopi did during this interview. It's not just music, it's a connection and to be able to thank its creator was one of my favorite moments ever.

As for Melinda, I got to meet her after a show in Portland OR back in 2004 ( the SMiLE tour.) I was waiting near the buses, hoping to see Brian and introduce him to my son. Not surprisingly he never appeared but I did hang out with the rest of the band and towards the end Melinda showed up and actually took the time to talk to me and my son. She couldn't have been nicer to us, listening to my praise and glowing over our concert experience. She handled our interaction with flying colors, even though she didn't have to. Leave her alone, she's good people.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx