gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680910 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 08, 2024, 07:07:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson / Al Jardine / Blondie Chaplin Fall 2015 Tour Thread  (Read 100436 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2015, 08:16:23 AM »

White suit, blue suit, whatever suit: Blondie Chaplin needs to be at all these dates along with Al. Sure Matt or Scott can do his songs but not like THAT and not while adding tasty fuzz guitar! This is definitely my favorite configuration of the BW band and sure hope carries into winter studio sessions.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2015, 08:18:16 AM »

Blondie is the rock and roll edge the BW band needs! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »

Man white sneakers with all black is a good look, you squares.

ANYWAY... one thing I noticed was Brian had no giant teleprompter on his piano. Where'd it go?!

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »

Found some new dates on the Blue, including one with Blondie:

Oct. 20 -- Charleston, SC (Gaillard Center, with Al Jardine) 
Oct. 22 -- Richmond, VA (The National, with Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin)
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2015, 10:30:17 AM »

I've updated the opening post with the new dates. Curious if that will be the only other Blondie appearance, or if he just hasn't been listed for the other shows.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2015, 12:36:00 PM »

With the addition of the Richmond concert (plus the pre-existing shows in Easton PA & two in Jersey) I very highly doubt any chances of a DC/MD area concert at this point.
KDS
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2015, 12:38:34 PM »

With the addition of the Richmond concert (plus the pre-existing shows in Easton PA & two in Jersey) I very highly doubt any chances of a DC/MD area concert at this point.

I wouldn't think so, but you never know. 

Since I didn't get to catch the 2002 or 2006 Pet Sounds Tours, I'm kinda hoping for a DC/MD date for a Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary show at some point in 2016. 
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2015, 01:32:53 PM »

I wouldn't think so, but you never know. 

Since I didn't get to catch the 2002 or 2006 Pet Sounds Tours, I'm kinda hoping for a DC/MD date for a Pet Sounds 50th Anniversary show at some point in 2016. 

Brian's going to be out touring.
there's no way the whole entourage is going home for 9-10 days, so that means they're looking to book( or already have, just unannounced) the weekend of Oct 16-17.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »

I can't help wondering, on top of the UK tour screwup, is it normal for tour dates to be announced so late in the game and so haphazardly? A month doesn't seem like a lot of time to sell tickets for a major artist like Brian. 

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2015, 07:42:40 PM »

Officially seeing Brian and Al for the second time this year (and fourth time total) November 21st in New Jersey.   Grin

First time my mom will be joining us.  Seeing Love & Mercy really made her want to see Brian live.

I hope Blondie will be there again.  If not, at least I got to see him at the PNC show.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2015, 08:06:35 PM »

I want *THAT POSTER* hanging in the living room next to the Smile framed stuff...that's a cool print. If they sold that kind of thing, I'd buy it immediately.

Absolutely!! Calling bgas...BGAS!!!! Are you able to get your hands on a few of these??

From what I understand, they only made one. Seems a bit odd, that, tho I'm not certain on the costs involved for something like this.
Perhaps the Symphony have their own printing press? 

In any case, I took two approaches: 

1; I talked to someone connected to Brian, who I thought might be able to get his ear, and asked if they'd be willing to suggest to Brian/his management
 that this is a poster his fans would LOVE to own and would be an easy sell. 
 I'm hopeful something will come of this AND if they do make them, I sure hope they add it to his website. 

2; I called every number I could find for the venue/ people associated with the venue.
I told them I'd really LOVE to have THAT poster at MY house, and I'd be only TOO Happy to Pay for it! 

Evidently, I spoke to the right people and I was very convincing because they called me back, said the poster was mine, come pick it up!!   
A HUGE PLUS was having a friend in the SF area who was willing and able to pick it up, taking any complications out of their hands. 
( there was some initial misunderstanding relative to my being in St Louis Mo)
 This went GREAT!  Thanxx for the push you guys!!

Now I just count on the Postal service to do their part .... 

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2015, 01:38:57 AM »

I can't help wondering, on top of the UK tour screwup, is it normal for tour dates to be announced so late in the game and so haphazardly? A month doesn't seem like a lot of time to sell tickets for a major artist like Brian. 

Thinking back, it's pretty much SOP for Brian's people to announce dates piecemeal, at least stateside.That's not unique to him, of course.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2015, 07:06:16 AM »

Anyone know what the internet presale code is for the Cincinnati show?
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2015, 07:12:02 AM »

[/quote

I'd like to know as well.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2015, 07:15:23 AM »

me too!

Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2015, 07:22:02 AM »

me too!

It is probably the same for all the venues.  It looks like earlier dates the code was BWROD15, so I have tried a bunch of different options and have not figured it out.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2015, 07:49:46 AM »

me too!

It is probably the same for all the venues.  It looks like earlier dates the code was BWROD15, so I have tried a bunch of different options and have not figured it out.

maybe join presalepasswords for $10 /year and get all the codes

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 16, 2015, 08:46:16 AM »

Pre-sales aren't always the best way to go, especially if it's not a show that's likely to quickly sell out. They usually only set aside a smaller pool of seats for the presales. Less competition, but less seats to pick from.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: September 16, 2015, 08:52:50 AM »

I want *THAT POSTER* hanging in the living room next to the Smile framed stuff...that's a cool print. If they sold that kind of thing, I'd buy it immediately.

Absolutely!! Calling bgas...BGAS!!!! Are you able to get your hands on a few of these??

From what I understand, they only made one. Seems a bit odd, that, tho I'm not certain on the costs involved for something like this.
Perhaps the Symphony have their own printing press? 

In any case, I took two approaches: 

1; I talked to someone connected to Brian, who I thought might be able to get his ear, and asked if they'd be willing to suggest to Brian/his management
 that this is a poster his fans would LOVE to own and would be an easy sell. 
 I'm hopeful something will come of this AND if they do make them, I sure hope they add it to his website. 

2; I called every number I could find for the venue/ people associated with the venue.
I told them I'd really LOVE to have THAT poster at MY house, and I'd be only TOO Happy to Pay for it! 

Evidently, I spoke to the right people and I was very convincing because they called me back, said the poster was mine, come pick it up!!   
A HUGE PLUS was having a friend in the SF area who was willing and able to pick it up, taking any complications out of their hands. 
( there was some initial misunderstanding relative to my being in St Louis Mo)
 This went GREAT!  Thanxx for the push you guys!!

Now I just count on the Postal service to do their part .... 

That's how it's done!  Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2015, 09:21:19 AM »

Pre-sales aren't always the best way to go, especially if it's not a show that's likely to quickly sell out. They usually only set aside a smaller pool of seats for the presales. Less competition, but less seats to pick from.

OK, I will probably just wait until Friday at this point.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2015, 09:34:42 AM »

Thinking back, it's pretty much SOP for Brian's people to announce dates piecemeal, at least stateside.That's not unique to him, of course.

The post-Summer Tour shows have certainly been announced piecemeal. Announcing shows only a month before the date is a bit late. But these aren’t huge venues, and at least some of these shows are in the sub-$100 price range. So I would imagine they’ll sell okay.

As far as additional dates being added, I could see it going either way. But if there’s an oddly sized gap of like 8 or 10 days between shows, it isn’t unheard of for them to just leave that gap. The end of the Summer tour was kind of weird, with a date on July 12 and then a gap until the last two shows on July 24 and 25 (the last two dates were added after the rest; I don’t know if they planned but failed to fill that 12-day gap, or just got really good offers to do those two late July gigs).

They’ve filled in these Fall tour dates more than I thought they would; I thought they were going for the 2014 pattern of a show here and there. But they’ve pieced together a tour of 15 dates (versus the Summer tour’s original 18 dates which turned to 20), with the possibility of more to be added.

Chug-A-Lug
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:28 AM »

Haven't seen it posted here yet, but there is a November 20th show in the DC area at Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland.  Tickets went on sale this morning.  Theater seats 509.  Yes Al, no Blondie.

http://www2.montgomerycollege.edu/departments/reppac/index.htm
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2015, 11:17:21 AM »

I've added the 11/20 date to the top post. We're up to 16 dates!

KDS
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2015, 11:59:53 AM »

Haven't seen it posted here yet, but there is a November 20th show in the DC area at Montgomery College in Rockville, Maryland.  Tickets went on sale this morning.  Theater seats 509.  Yes Al, no Blondie.

A million thank yous for posting this.  I just ordered my tickets.  Can't wait to see Brian Wilson a second time this year!!!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2015, 12:08:04 PM »

A million thank yous for posting this.  I just ordered my tickets.  Can't wait to see Brian Wilson a second time this year!!!!

Looks like there's LOTS of great seats available. 2nd row right in front of Brian's stage location, hard to beat that for $65

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx