gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681084 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 22, 2024, 01:56:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wonderful thing, Google street view.  (Read 6805 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: February 20, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »

Just out of idle interest, I put the address where Murry was born into it, and behold ! the house is still there. It's pretty shabby and looks like no-one's lived in it for a good while... but interesting that while the house where Brian was born is, essentially, no more, and the Bellagio house is just rubble, this place - which has to be 100 years old or so - is still there.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »

That's pretty cool.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 12:15:43 PM »

I agree that street view stuff is amazing.

Every once in a while, I'll put in somewhere I used to live (in different states) and you can actually drive down the street, and see how things look now (or did a year or two ago when the pictures were taken).  It's amazing, and if you happen upon a place you haven't visited in years, it can really stop you in your tracks. 

Incredible world we live in nowadays.
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:49:50 AM »

Just out of idle interest, I put the address where Murry was born into it, and behold ! the house is still there. It's pretty shabby and looks like no-one's lived in it for a good while... but interesting that while the house where Brian was born is, essentially, no more, and the Bellagio house is just rubble, this place - which has to be 100 years old or so - is still there.

Maybe you should post the url. Some of  us might be interested.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 04:09:24 AM »

Maybe you should post the url. Some of  us might be interested.

Hopefully, this will work:

Murry's birthplace

It's the one on the left in the small photo.

And this is where the Bellagio house used to be - 10452 (you need to zoom in)

Finally, where Brian & Dennis were born - 8012 S. Harvard Blvd. - although the only original part is the garage.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 04:23:27 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 04:23:26 AM »

Not quite, but a noble effort! I've tried loads of times to sends links to specific street views and somehow something always fucks up.

However, I have now seen down the length of Bellagio Rd, and to these sad winter-bound English eyes it looks impossibly beautiful.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 05:38:01 PM »

You know what I'd like to see? Directions to the Bellagio house based on the directions given in Busy Doin' Nothin', reverse engineering it to the song's starting point.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 05:50:08 PM »

How dumb.  Someone knocked down the famous house where so much music was made.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:24:43 PM »

While looking at Bellagio Rd, I happened to right click on the image and realized google street view has a 3D option.  Awesome.  I love you google.  3D
Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:46:18 PM »

I have pictures (somewhere) of the Bellagio house from a few years ago, and it looks like it was still standing, albeit quite overgrown with trees and shrubs.  Was it knocked down recently?  Does anyone live there?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 01:04:51 AM »

You know what I'd like to see? Directions to the Bellagio house based on the directions given in Busy Doin' Nothin', reverse engineering it to the song's starting point.

It doesn't quite work - there's a bit missing in the middle.  Grin

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 01:36:58 AM »

Shall we petition to turn it into a rock and roll landmark, then? Where the most tenderly loving and caring R & R Dad was born?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 07:03:02 PM »

I was in Hutchinson Kansas today for my nephew's national track and field championships. Took a quick detour during the afternoon lull. Looks the same!

John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 07:04:27 PM »

By the way....it's in a terrible neighborhood. Lots of disrepair and apparent poverty. This house is actually the most well-kept on the block. The others are falling down.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 08:39:01 PM »

By the way....it's in a terrible neighborhood. Lots of disrepair and apparent poverty. This house is actually the most well-kept on the block. The others are falling down.

Do you think there's any chance the current owners have any idea of its history?

John Malone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 08:24:50 AM »

Do you think there's any chance the current owners have any idea of its history?

Good question. I stopped across the street and took a quick picture with my smart phone. Right after I took the picture, a lady came out from the back and walked to the car in the driveway. She had a quizzical look as to why I was there. I just drove off without saying anything. I probably should have asked her, but I chickened out.

It's very obvious those homes are of "turn of the 20th century" vintage. And, the Murry house seems to be the only one on that side of the street that was currently occupied.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 08:30:53 AM »

I don't know Andrew.  I just 'drove' by the spot I'm at right now...looked in the window...and I wasn't there.  Either this thing doesn't work or I'm not here.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 11:29:54 AM »

Maybe you should post the url. Some of  us might be interested.

Hopefully, this will work:

Murry's birthplace

It's the one on the left in the small photo.

Guess I'm doing it wrong?   When I click on your link. it takes me to a map/street view of 726 E 6th Ave. 
But when I searched thru Google, the address was listed as 120 West 13th  ( http://www.countyhistorian.com/knol/4hmquk6fx4gu-535-ancestry-of-brian-wilson-of-the-b.html  )

so which is the correct one? 

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 11:51:32 AM »

I don't know Andrew.  I just 'drove' by the spot I'm at right now...looked in the window...and I wasn't there.  Either this thing doesn't work or I'm not here.

It isn't live.

Please delete my account
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »

It isn't live.

Oh, it's Memorex?

Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 09:17:12 PM »

I thought Brian was born at Centinala Hospital ?

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 09:54:07 PM »

BTW, that ancestry site for Brian needs some serious work. For example, Murry & Audree married 3/26/1938, not "early 1940s", and his father on 3/7/1914.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 10:00:50 PM »

Guess I'm doing it wrong?   When I click on your link. it takes me to a map/street view of 726 E 6th Ave.  
But when I searched thru Google, the address was listed as 120 West 13th  ( http://www.countyhistorian.com/knol/4hmquk6fx4gu-535-ancestry-of-brian-wilson-of-the-b.html  )

726 East 6th is Murry's birthplace.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 10:01:55 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 05:39:17 AM »

Guess I'm doing it wrong?   When I click on your link. it takes me to a map/street view of 726 E 6th Ave. 
But when I searched thru Google, the address was listed as 120 West 13th  ( http://www.countyhistorian.com/knol/4hmquk6fx4gu-535-ancestry-of-brian-wilson-of-the-b.html  )

726 East 6th is Murry's birthplace.

THANXX for clearing that up. 

As to the above " terrible neighhborhood" , I suppose the pictures are deceiving, as all the houses look to be in nice shape when I view them. Not new of course, but certainly not run-down in appearance, simply older. 

urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 12:45:52 PM »

8012 S. Harvard Boulevard, Hawthorne?

I can't understand why anyone would tear down Brian Wilson's home on Bellagio Road.  So much history, so much to explain to friends and guests that come over to visit.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx