gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 06:15:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blue and white striped shirts  (Read 1097 times)
Crow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2012, 07:28:35 PM »

I am going to the boys next Sunday and I would like to get one of the blue and white striped shirts they wore - like on the concert 64 album.  Does anyone know where to get one? I am having NO luck... Thanks!!
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 08:52:28 PM »

I am going to the boys next Sunday and I would like to get one of the blue and white striped shirts they wore - like on the concert 64 album.  Does anyone know where to get one? I am having NO luck... Thanks!!

I got one off American Apparel's website. Its not perfect, but its the closest I've found. Search chambray striped, I'd do it but I'm on my phone right now.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »

Forgive me, but can anyone explain where do the striped shirts come from? What were they associated with at the time in order to be adopted as the group's outfit?

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »

Forgive me, but can anyone explain where do the striped shirts come from? What were they associated with at the time in order to be adopted as the group's outfit?

I think it was Murry's idea. There's a line in An American Band that suggests he bought them at JC Penney(!) - I'm sure that's inaccuarate.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 06:17:31 PM »

Borrowed the idea from the Kingston Trio who were HUGE in the 50's and early 60's.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx