gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681140 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 25, 2024, 05:30:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A tribute to the Friends album.  (Read 3394 times)
sheknowsmetoowell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2012, 12:47:07 PM »

http://vimeo.com/40542315
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »

Thanks!
I had never seen those interviews with Al & Mike.

oldsurferdude
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »

The concert was good, well executed but the real show was watching most everyone go home before the maharishi could begin his nonsense.  LOL
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

OSD, you should do a blog about all the Beach Boys shows you've seen!

Not kidding!
meltedwhiskeyinmyhand
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 07:18:32 AM »

Anyone know where it is that they filmed the promo film with the kids? A park or perhaps someones property?
MBE
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 07:29:25 AM »

I don't know but I would say it was filmed in the summer of 1968 after the Friends album had been out.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 07:45:34 AM »

The concert was good, well executed but the real show was watching most everyone go home before the maharishi could begin his nonsense.  LOL

OSD - Lucky boy! What city?
oldsurferdude
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 08:03:22 AM »

OSD, you should do a blog about all the Beach Boys shows you've seen!

Not kidding!
Love to but the mind deletes things along the way. At least I've still got the highlights left.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 08:05:11 AM »

The concert was good, well executed but the real show was watching most everyone go home before the maharishi could begin his nonsense.  LOL

OSD - Lucky boy! What city?
Saw this one in Philly at the Spectrum.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:08:26 AM by oldsurferdude » Logged
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

Alas, what a pretencious, pompous bore Al comes across as in the opening of this clip!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 12:57:58 PM »

Why is everyone ragging on Al lately?

He doesn't come off that way at all to me. He seems peaceful and sensitive and warm and friendly.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »

Why is everyone ragging on Al lately?

He doesn't come off that way at all to me. He seems peaceful and sensitive and warm and friendly.

He's fine.

It's of it's time
mammy blue
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 06:46:36 AM »

Alas, what a pretencious, pompous bore Al comes across as in the opening of this clip!

No, he's describing exactly what meditating is like.
MBE
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 03:09:12 AM »

He seems nice enough in the clip. Very cool to see any new sixties or seventies footage.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2013, 07:05:48 AM »

Great find! Isn't it wonderful to discover a new vintage video of The BBs? There's a little of what surfaced from that era, you can count it finger-by-finger. And it ain't good.

What I like about this short interview the most is that Al's finally given a spotlight. Usually, from what I've seen, more attention is paid to others. And it ain't good again because he has perfect diction & is really able to articulate his mind. Therefore, deserves to be asked. But of course, I'm not interested in meditation, mantras & such - just glad to watch a 26-year-old Al saying something. As for Mike, well, we already know how well he can speak, plus he's visible in every video of the band. Still, nice to see him with Al being together like friends. Though at the end of the day, I'd love to see all the Beach Boys together.

Conclusion: the interview lasts only 50 seconds, while the whole video=9 minutes. That's a bit disappointing since the other stuff is whether old (the Friends & Wake the World clips) or highly unnecessary (footage of Maharishi walking & talking about TM (never liked his voice) combined with scenes of mountainous scenery). Instead of this rubbish we could get more interview bits. Otherwise, it's worth for those 50 or at least 31 (Al's time) seconds.
Thanks to sheknowsmetowell!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx