gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680897 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 05, 2024, 04:17:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live in Concert: 50th Anniversary DVD and Blu-ray.  (Read 68385 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:15 PM »

No details yet but it would seem somethings on the way.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Concert-50th-Anniversary-Blu-ray/dp/B009KKLQVS/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1349199818&sr=1-2&keywords=beach%20boys&tag=vglnk-c930-20

« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 12:52:10 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:53:44 PM »

Oh.

HELL YEAH.

MBE
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:07:09 AM »

This should be the doc I was interviewed for. The director seemed to have a very good overall grasp on the Beach Boys entire history which means that it should be good. Hope I make a cameo lol.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 03:35:56 AM »

How is this thread not bigger? This is the live DVD right  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 04:33:16 AM »

This should be the doc I was interviewed for. The director seemed to have a very good overall grasp on the Beach Boys entire history which means that it should be good. Hope I make a cameo lol.

What sort of questions were you asked?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 05:58:25 AM »

For those who will end up ordering on Amazon, it's sometimes worth putting the pre-order in now to lock in a lower price. The price may go down more afterwards, but I know for something like the "Doin' it Again" Blu-ray, it never got as low as my pre-order price I grabbed really early on.

On the other hand, I really hope this is a BB's product, as it doesn't seem to actually say "The Beach Boys" anywhere on that Amazon page.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 06:21:25 AM »

On the other hand, I really hope this is a BB's product, as it doesn't seem to actually say "The Beach Boys" anywhere on that Amazon page.  LOL

I'm pretty sure it is because it comes up as one of the first results when you search "The Beach Boys Live Concert" in the search engine.
jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 07:46:17 AM »

The label listed here, SMC Recordings, is a Hip Hop label.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

There's artwork up for it now.

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 05:45:28 PM »

Not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen but still, the fact that we finally know this is actually coming...  Ahhh!

Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 05:46:53 PM »

Dave Marks is looking super cool too.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 05:50:04 PM »

The images of the guys are photoshopped to heck!  They kinda look like cartoons  LOL
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 05:53:30 PM »

The images of the guys are photoshopped to heck!  They kinda look like cartoons  LOL

That and in the bottom photo, Foskett and Totten have disappeared.

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 05:54:40 PM »

Fisher-Price My First Photoshop. Yeesh, I wonder whose kid got paid to make that.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »

Obviously, no way to confirm but from what I can tell, the images on the cover come very close to the Phoenix show (which we know was filmed).  Same clothing on all guys (hard to tell with David's shirt).  Sure, the images on the front cover may have nothing to do with the contents but I thought it was worth mentioning:

And definitely not Red Rocks:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 05:58:17 PM by Justin » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 06:22:45 PM »

Dave Marks is looking super cool too.

He always does. He just has this look full of swagger, like he knows he's a badass dude but too genuinely cool to really care about all that.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 07:28:47 PM »

With this DVD possibly containing the Phoenix show, I am speculating that we will see another release that will mostly be a documentary/tour diary feature film that will then contain the Red Rocks, Royal Albert Hall and Wembley footage mixed in.  This DVD above will act as the "full concert" (even though we should expect some edits and omissions) and the next project will be heavy on a documentary narrative with some key live footage.  We shall see....
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2012, 09:04:52 PM »

edit

Now this looks new also!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwlMPWmS3E

Published on Oct 3, 2012 by fastfocustv

The Beach Boys is the most iconic American band in musical history. While celebrating their 50th anniversary, they have toured the world and released their first studio recording in 20 years, receiving high praise and landing them their highest chart position ever. This filmed retrospective will take viewers back from the 60's to the present, showcasing performance and interview footage rarely seen before.
http://www.thebeachboys.com

Looks like something new coming using the clips we have seen for the last few months plus more. Exciting times.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:07:13 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:20 PM »

edit

Now this looks new also!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwlMPWmS3E

Published on Oct 3, 2012 by fastfocustv

The Beach Boys is the most iconic American band in musical history. While celebrating their 50th anniversary, they have toured the world and released their first studio recording in 20 years, receiving high praise and landing them their highest chart position ever. This filmed retrospective will take viewers back from the 60's to the present, showcasing performance and interview footage rarely seen before.
http://www.thebeachboys.com

Looks like something new coming using the clips we have seen for the last few months plus more. Exciting times.

Is there any more to it besides that Youtube video? Is that a teaser for a longer program, or is that just it? I think it might be the latter.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2012, 10:16:07 PM »

With this DVD possibly containing the Phoenix show, I am speculating that we will see another release that will mostly be a documentary/tour diary feature film that will then contain the Red Rocks, Royal Albert Hall and Wembley footage mixed in.  This DVD above will act as the "full concert" (even though we should expect some edits and omissions) and the next project will be heavy on a documentary narrative with some key live footage.  We shall see....

We don't need two more releases.  If they need to do yet *another* documentary, tack it on as a bonus disc with the live concert.  And these guys need to take a cue from their contemporaries such as Paul Simon and Crosby, Stills and Nash whom have both recently put out live DVDs that included a two-disc audio CD.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »

Hopefully whoever is in charge takes note from Brian's Pet Sounds and Smile DVDs.  Uninterrupted music, limited crowd shots, no songs cut out from the presentation, just a full audiovisual concert experience.  No interviews with the band or historic anecdotes and especially no fan comments interspersed.  Just music.

MBE
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »

What sort of questions were you asked?
Just why I wrote a book and how they represented the changes in America over the last 50 years.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 11:54:21 PM by Mike Eder » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 11:03:42 PM »

Hopefully whoever is in charge takes note from Brian's Pet Sounds and Smile DVDs.  Uninterrupted music, limited crowd shots, no songs cut out from the presentation, just a full audiovisual concert experience.  No interviews with the band or historic anecdotes and especially no fan comments interspersed.  Just music.

I like stage banter a lot. Kinda separates it from just listening to the studio versions.

Fisher-Price My First Photoshop. Yeesh, I wonder whose kid got paid to make that.

lawl, spot on.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:37 AM »

We don't need two more releases.  If they need to do yet *another* documentary, tack it on as a bonus disc with the live concert.  And these guys need to take a cue from their contemporaries such as Paul Simon and Crosby, Stills and Nash whom have both recently put out live DVDs that included a two-disc audio CD.

TonyW from the Australian shows reported a while back that he learned from the film crew that we can expect several releases from this tour so my speculation is simply going along with that:

Man, Marc and his crew are filming the bejebus out of everything that moves on this tour, there are three DVD productions in the works ... this is going to be spectacular. Also the video feed within the venue from Marc's crew was fantastic.

Considering the amount of stuff they filmed from Red Rocks, some Lake Tahoe I think, Australia, RAH and Wembley, I don't think they're going to smash that all together into a bonus documentary on this DVD.  What I'm picturing in my mind for this documentary is a sophisticated, very behind the scenes look into the tour with candid footage/interviews with the band about their coming together.  Live footage from some of the more dazzling venues on this tour would act as a backdrop to that story, perhaps the Australia show will serve as the main foundation while they use the other shows interspersed throughout as the story moves along.  I mean, it's possible. But if we're told that we can expect one or two more releases from this tour....that's where I'm putting my chips.  Nothing wrong with speculation.  I mean, we (well, not me!) never thought we'd get a full concert DVD/Blu-Ray...all bets are off at this point.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:56:29 AM by Justin » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 01:32:24 AM »

Ugh...  Undecided

Regarding the 'new' video: saw it a couple of weeks ago on YT - must have been taken down again. But as far as I remember there was also a link posted somewhere on SmileySmile. We discussed Capitol editing their name out of Mike's statement about Pet Sounds being presented to... somebody.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:35:44 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx