gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680883 Posts in 27618 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 11:22:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "What Love Can Do"...any thoughts?  (Read 9359 times)
JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »

I bought the CD through Amazon.com so you might want to try Amazon UK and see if they have it.  To answer your question, yes, Target stores are all over the US, similar to Walmart.

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 08:39:21 AM »

Whatever GIOMH was going to sound like, they shouldn't have muddied the waters in the Year of Smile by releasing anything else; bad management decision.

Here's the dilemma: I'm pretty sure that nobody wanted GIOMH to come out as a "follow-up" to "SMiLE", so the deal was arranged through Warner Bros. to have Rhino release GIOMH a few months ahead of Nonesuch releasing "SMiLE". I agree it muddied the waters a bit, but I'm pretty sure GIOMH would never have been released post-"SMiLE" and I, for one, am happy to have it warts and all.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 08:55:38 AM »

http://music.download.com/newmusicfromanoldfriendsingersongwriterlegends/3600-8742_32-101016775.html?tag=MDL_list

What Love Can Do...
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »

This sounds pretty impressive.  I think Burt kept it commercial which is kind of where Brian shines... even stuff like Surf's up and Til I Die was commercial. 
GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2007, 04:30:10 AM »

I bought the CD through Amazon.com so you might want to try Amazon UK and see if they have it.  To answer your question, yes, Target stores are all over the US, similar to Walmart.

Jim, what did you write in the search at amazon.com.? I tried both at amazon.com and at amazon.co.uk, but no luck.
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 07:37:24 AM »

This is one of my new favorite BW songs. Everything about it shines. The production, melody, subtle arrangements, harmonies. An instant classic. Wilson/Bacharach are a perfect match for each other. Lots of maj7 chords as well, which both artists are extremely fond of.  This would have fit perfectly on Sunflower or Friends.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2007, 08:40:08 PM »

This is one of my new favorite BW songs. Everything about it shines. The production, melody, subtle arrangements, harmonies. An instant classic. Wilson/Bacharach are a perfect match for each other. Lots of maj7 chords as well, which both artists are extremely fond of.  This would have fit perfectly on Sunflower or Friends.

It honestly doesn't sound like a Beach Boys tune at all.  It sounds too Burt Bacharach to be Beach Boys.  It's still a pleasant tune; heads and tails better than the re-re-recording of "Spirit of Rock & Roll". 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2007, 09:16:47 PM »

It absolutely sounds like a BB tune. The Bacharach influence is all over Pet Sounds, so there is one instance. It really sounds like something that could have fit on Sunflower. 
carl r
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2007, 02:47:10 AM »

I guess this isn't part of LOS then ?
Hope it makes it on any CD release...
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »

It has. Check out your local Target.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007, 09:49:17 AM »

Yep. This song is still awesome. I still think this is one of BW' post BB-best. Also, this is exactly what I imagined what would have come out of a collaboration with Mr. Bacharach. Incredible.
whobeatle
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2007, 04:40:30 AM »

I have been trying to purchase the song as a download at Target and Itunes and everywhere. It can't be done. Drag! What I had been doing was collecting all the songs from the last year or two onto a little CD to tide me over until Lucky Old Sun is released.

He's got eight or nine tracks from the last year and a half with -Midnight another day- Live and Let live-and Believe in yourself and Heaven Etc Etc. I like the new stuff Its not the best ever. But its nice. I resent having to pay twenty or thirty bucks for an album I dont want just to get the one song however. Highway Robbery! I dont mind paying a couple bucks to Target or whoever for the song however. But they wont allow it @. How can that be ? What kind of crooked people are these ?

Anybody know where the song can be purchased as a download or single ?
donutbandit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2007, 06:52:24 AM »

I can't get the site to work at all, either in Firefox or IE. The little hand icon appears over the play button, but the button does not push when clicked on.
donutbandit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 06:41:57 PM »

Now I see why. That is an old page. Maybe intentionally broken. I did, however, find it in (ahem) alt.binaries.boneless  Grin. Great song, and Brian's voice is remarkable.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx