gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681076 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 21, 2024, 02:38:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My (re-attempted) SMiLE Mix  (Read 1196 times)
IAmTheMilkMan
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »

I attempted a SMiLE mix a couple years back with mixed results, and I've been re-editing and tweaking lately to finally create a mix to my liking.
This is yet another mix that follows the BWPS order, but I've got a couple of things here that I don't feel any other mixers have done yet.

I used as much of the latest SMiLE material as I could, so all of the stereo mixes that were included in the Made In California boxset are utilized. For my money, this mix includes all of the best sounding stereo elements that are out there. That's my opinion, of course, and everyone is entitled to their own idea of what sounds best.

I used quite a few bits from previous fanmixes, so my thanks goes out to Barnshine, seltaeb1012002, bruiteur, JMZ, Purple Chick, and anyone else I may have forgotten (I grabbed a lot from all over the place).

I also mixed a couple of tracks on my own! I'm particularly proud of my "Surf's Up" mix, as I had yet to find a mix that satisfied me (think TSS stereo mix, but properly synced and without the Carl fly-ins).

So, here we are, for the BWPS sequence enthusiasts:

FLAC
MP3 (V0)

HOWEVER! I personally really enjoy the "barnshine" section in OMP/YAMS that was used in TSS, along with the longer version of Vega-Tables (also from TSS).
SO, I also created an "extended" version of the above mix that includes those mentioned above.

BWPS "Extended" Mix:

FLAC Extended edit
MP3 Extended edit (V0)

EDIT: 5/28/2015 - I revised the Barnshine section of the extended version and updated the links accordingly.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:28:50 PM by IAmTheMilkMan » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 05:59:24 PM »

Very cool work on DYLW.

Loving this mix, nice work.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx