gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680955 Posts in 27623 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 10, 2024, 08:21:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 2: Verizon Theatre - Grand Prairie, TX 4/26/12 (SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 87046 times)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 28, 2012, 09:35:25 AM »

The poses Mike makes during Kokomo are just hilarious.  He might as well be wearing a green bikini, he looks like he's on the cover of VOGUE. 

And the camera guy keeps saying "WE DID IT, WE DID IT!" for some reason, lol.  I think seeing the Beach Boys play Kokomo must have been on his bucket list .

(Mine too, but I already saw them do it years ago) 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 28, 2012, 09:46:25 AM »

That Disney Girls clip is bloody outstanding, by the way. Bruce runs the voodoo down.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
freedomaspirer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »

I just listened to this show, the autotune is still completely there!
Domino
Smiley Smile Associate

Hypnotize me, Van Dyke

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 28, 2012, 10:25:52 AM »

This performance brought me to tears. Don't listen to this if you are depressed.

Brian on why he loves God Only Knows: "Because Paul McCartney said it was his favourite song"

"New rule: Having anything to do with the creation of a punk rawk version of "All You Need Is Love" (never with the horn part because lol hornz are silly and dumb) gets you the death penalty. No questions, no trial, it's your fault, pick out your coffin." - runnersdialzero
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 28, 2012, 10:27:46 AM »

fuckin hilarious clip.  Taper:  "You got him, right??"  haha Mike Love rocks!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 28, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »

And the camera guy keeps saying "WE DID IT, WE DID IT!" for some reason, lol.  I think seeing the Beach Boys play Kokomo must have been on his bucket list .

haha love that part...I think the guy was either referring to either getting to shake Mike Love's hand or perhaps him and his group snuck their way into the front during the encores...if you look at his other video of Sloop from earlier...his seats are pretty way back!  haha
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 28, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »

Wow, how does Bruce still sound so great??  Wonderful version of Disney Goils.   It's official, Al and Bruce's voice are the two who's held up the best since the 60's.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: April 28, 2012, 10:37:55 AM »

I don't remember when the last time was I heard the backgroundvocals (round round get around I get around) sounding so warm and full. The version on Brian's Roxy album came close but that's it. Ah, it's so good to have the Beach Boys back. Thanks.

BTW "Disney girls (1957)" is unbelievable !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2012, 11:03:22 AM »

Please 'Member to let me know if you have recordings! Much thanks...
SG7
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2012, 11:12:27 AM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,12823.0.html

For all those posting PM's, would be good of you to review the last sentence especially.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:56:58 AM by SurferGirl7 » Logged
AlFall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »

A brief but really good clip of Kokomo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BL-wTcts-o
Jason
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »

For all those posting PM's, would be good of you to review the last sentence especially.

For those of you who lack the brain power and/or the energy to click the link...

For the record, we're not against banning people for continuing the "PM" thing after this warning.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 28, 2012, 02:03:08 PM »

Um, never mind then!
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 28, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »

The "brain power" comment isn't necessary. Some of us, believe it or not, don't read EVERY SINGLE ENTRY on the board, and so may have missed this change in direction on the PM thing.

I now have the "brain power" you require, having stumbled onto your warning by accident. I withdraw any suggestions involving the letters P and M.
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2012, 02:17:25 PM »

OK, I just re-checked the rules posting, which is BTW from 2005:
3) Talking about bootlegs is fine. Posting messages asking for bootlegs or offering bootlegs is not fine. That's what private messages and emails are for. The same of course applies to official recordings.

"That's what private messages and emails are for." So: PMs are OK...or not?

OK: perhaps a clearer interpretation of rule 3 is--make those sort of requests directly through PM's or email, but do not solicit requests on the open forum.

I'm not an attorney, but the wording of this sounds a little vague and open to interpretation. Maybe the 8-year-old rules need to be re-written for clarity so we don't foda up and then get chastised for it.

Fair enough?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 28, 2012, 02:27:00 PM »

OK, I just re-checked the rules posting, which is BTW from 2005:
3) Talking about bootlegs is fine. Posting messages asking for bootlegs or offering bootlegs is not fine. That's what private messages and emails are for. The same of course applies to official recordings.

"That's what private messages and emails are for." So: PMs are OK...or not?

OK: perhaps a clearer interpretation of rule 3 is--make those sort of requests directly through PM's or email, but do not solicit requests on the open forum.

I'm not an attorney, but the wording of this sounds a little vague and open to interpretation. Maybe the 8-year-old rules need to be re-written for clarity so we don't foda up and then get chastised for it.

Fair enough?

It says it right there, man:  "Posting messages asking for bootlegs or offering bootlegs is not fine."

Plus, there was a specific topic created only a couple of days ago, at the very top of the general discussion forum. It's a sticky, too:

That's the latest word.
AlFall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 28, 2012, 03:00:52 PM »

Disney Girls, with very good audio: http://youtu.be/amRDNtrav7M

The video is from a performance from last year, but the audio is from two nights ago.
malpakoza
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 28, 2012, 03:33:48 PM »

10 minute long video from tx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa9afHtq594&hd=1
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 28, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »

What a great show this was! So enjoyable!  Highlights for me:
- Then I Kissed Her, Cottonfields, HelDo I really wanna get banned?e Rhonda: that's how they should sound!. Welcome back Al!
- Why Do Fools.. : I don't care for the song but now it sounds even better than Mike&Bruce's.  Amazing harmonies.  And ScottT's falsetto is so refreshing after so much Jeff.
- Disney Girls: magnificent. Wish Bruce would sing more than just this one and Wendy
- Little Honda / Car songs: never so fast and powerful
- All This Is That: great to hear Brian and Darian on this one. However Jeff/Scott do the wailing at the end

Mike sounds a bit thin and his voice gets a bit lost under all the harmonies. Should be a bit louder in the mix.
David rocks out the early solos.
Al's voice really makes the difference in the blend. What a voice.. he's everywhere.
Al's + Bruce's voice really make the sound more authentic.  This is really the Beach Boys!
Brian.. ah.. Brian..

Unfortunately I have to say that it does sound like Brian is autotuned or at least some kind of voice processing is in place in some songs (Surfer Girl, You're So Good To Me, H&V (nananana), In My Room, SoS, GoodVibes most notably)..  this time is way too clear not to notice..  Sad

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:35:35 AM by STE » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 28, 2012, 06:20:27 PM »

Help Me Rhonda?

Oh, come on  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2012, 10:52:01 PM »

Sail on Sailor/Heroes and Villians aka Autotune bait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQNj9WQUHsc
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2012, 10:58:57 PM »

i've always thought sail on sailor was overrated, i'd rather he this whole world or add some music. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: April 29, 2012, 05:51:54 AM »

I can't believe they are still using those fake motor-sounds

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 29, 2012, 06:38:44 AM »

And the encore!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL50PbMo2Jk&feature=relmfu

David is rippin the sh*t out of that guitar on Little Honda  Grin

And, it sure is heartening to hear the crowd go absolutely apeshit for Brian as he sings Good Vibrations....
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:51:18 AM by hypehat » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2012, 07:00:35 AM »

Sail on Sailor/Heroes and Villians aka Autotune bait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQNj9WQUHsc

I'm not even going to mention the dreaded a-word,  but Brian is sounding like he really does not give a crap during some of Sail On Sailor....

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx