gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680903 Posts in 27619 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 07, 2024, 07:49:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Great Brian article/interview in new Rolling Stone magazine.  (Read 24076 times)
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »

Definitely worth a read, and mostly about Brian's home life and daily routine than about music or the new film. It doesn't seem to be on Rolling Stone's website.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 03:44:57 PM »

Definitely worth a read, and mostly about Brian's home life and daily routine than about music or the new film. It doesn't seem to be on Rolling Stone's website.

Thanks for the heads-up… could you tell us which issue, and how much space is devoted to the piece? Haven't bought RS for years but might break a habit! :D

“We live in divisive times.”
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 04:08:40 PM »

It's in the current issue with Rush on the cover. It's about 3 pages long. The writer tagged along with Brian to the deli, a walk in the park, his son's basketball game, etc. Believe me, there are some incredible Brianisms in this piece. lol   
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:04:33 PM »

It's in the current issue with Rush on the cover. It's about 3 pages long. The writer tagged along with Brian to the deli, a walk in the park, his son's basketball game, etc. Believe me, there are some incredible Brianisms in this piece. lol   

Thanks again, very tempting! Is the author the same RS guy working on Brians autobiography?

“We live in divisive times.”
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 12:32:10 AM »

I keep forgetting Brian has a son!  That's really cool...
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 04:01:01 AM »

Tempted to get it. Let's hope no one will see me buying a magazine with Rush on the cover.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 02:56:56 PM »

rush the Band is cool..............so long as we're not talking about the windbag with the radio show Roll Eyes
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 03:22:27 PM »

rush the Band is cool..............so long as we're not talking about the windbag with the radio show Roll Eyes

amen

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 09:00:43 AM »

Tempted to get it. Let's hope no one will see me buying a magazine with Rush on the cover.
And what happens if they do? Just say you bought it for 1 article about Brian Wilson.

2 the Op: will you scan the interview? that description sounds fun.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 09:14:47 AM »

You really don't stop, do you?

Go buy a copy of the magazine. Don't ask others to enable your thievery.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 09:27:32 AM »

Other people asked in other threads to scan the stuff to read - thought I'd do the same. Or is there diff. between my asking & others?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2015, 10:42:52 AM »

Other people asked in other threads to scan the stuff to read - thought I'd do the same. Or is there diff. between my asking & others?
This is a brand new article, so better to support RS and buy it. I will say that he could have been nicer about it. But, we do treat each other like dicks in here, so par for the course.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2015, 10:52:06 AM »

This is a brand new article, so better to support RS and buy it. I will say that he could have been nicer about it. But, we do treat each other like dicks in here, so par for the course.

ahh, who cares aout RS?  If I had that issue, I'd scan it and put it here. but I'm fairly certain my  subscription has expired...

But perhaps the op doesn't have a scanner
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:53:14 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 11:01:39 AM »

I didn't realize protecting your livelihood was considered offensive.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 11:06:18 AM »

Yes, given that you've previously talked about your plans to steal NPP. And then self-righteously defended yourself at great length.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 11:09:58 AM »

No, but how you say it can be offensive. I'm amazed that you could read right over my second point.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »

Asking for a scan of something long out of print is much different from scanning something that just went out for sale.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 11:14:15 AM »

Also, we post lots of pics and older articles that are most likely not legal, either. Funny how we overlook some things, yet get down right staunchy with other stuff.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 11:16:13 AM »

Asking for a scan of something long out of print is much different from scanning something that just went out for sale.
Still, no need to be a prick about it. A simple NO would have worked quite nicely.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2015, 11:18:11 AM »

Also, we post lots of pics and older articles that are most likely not legal, either. Funny how we overlook some things, yet get down right staunchy with other stuff.

Right. I'm guilty of it all!!  
Perhaps I'm just intent on bringing down smiley with my illegal postings....  

BUT, How will not posting it save his livelihood. How many people go to a store and just read the articles thatwant, without purchasing anything?
B&N stores are set up this way, tho they prefer you buy your coffee from them....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2015, 11:27:25 AM »

The highlights (for me) from the article:

1. Brian hanging out on a park bench with the interviewer. An older woman walks by and says "Hi Brian!". He says "Hey, man!" back and then whispers to the journalist "Do you think she's foxy?"
2. Brian cheering his son on before a basketball game. Giving him pep talk, etc. The article mentions that Brian has been known to walk right onto the basketball court during games (the takeaway being that he's REALLY into his son's school athletics..very sweet father/son dynamic at work here)
3. Brian telling his son about how he was an athlete in high school. His son asks if he had to take showers with the other guys. Brian responds "Yeah, I never liked that".
4. Brian's usual complaint that he can't come up with anything these days as good as "California Girls", how the movie reminded him of the energy he used to have when he was young. Funnily enough, "California Girls" starts playing later on on the oldies radio station he's listening to. Rather than bringing him down, he cranks the song up. 

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 11:32:59 AM »

Nice ghosty  Cheesy

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »

1. Brian hanging out on a park bench with the interviewer. An older woman walks by and says "Hi Brian!". He says "Hey, man!" back and then whispers to the journalist "Do you think she's foxy?"

Grin
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2015, 04:19:41 AM »

Ghosty, can you confirm that the cover has Rush on it? I was in a store last night and saw RS issue but it had U2 on the cover. There were people in my way and I was pressed for time so I didn't get a chance to pick it up and check and left....thanks

**Looks like that U2  cover was a commemorative issue. I found the Rush cover. Great read and pic of Brian in his pool.
BTW, it was written by Jason Fine.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 06:56:57 AM by J.G. Dev » Logged
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2015, 07:21:19 AM »

Grin

Bri should write a song for Rod Stewart called "Do Ya Think She's Foxy".

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx